Deleted
    I wanna try being cho in Dominion with the middle buff and 6 stacks of feast at level 16.
    Sooo big

A 4v5 at one node? Yeah, right, Phreak, you silly boy.

I haven't seen a fight exceed 3v3 in ten games, if you ever try to send more than 3 to attack a node, they will just run around you and take 1 or 2 of your undefended spots.

Deleted
    I stopped watching spotlights all together, even for new champions I just wait until a guide pops up on solomid.net.
    I get furious at the way they're made.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post
    I stopped watching spotlights all together, even for new champions I just wait until a guide pops up on solomid.net.
    I get furious at the way they're made.

Jungle every champion. WHY DOES RIOT WANT US TO JUNGLE EVERY FREAKIN CHAMPION.

10+ Year Old Account
    "So I just got my ass handed to me in lane, and I'm 0-5. But now that I have my rod of ages, I feel confident enough to 2v1 them. And win."

Singed, the UMAD Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Speaking of alistar..

Alistar is free if you sub into riotgames youtube btw. You get "skin" but if you dont have champ you get him with it kinda like you get tristana with facebook.
    Just go to lol's site and add /youtube to the end and follow directions etc. I'm sure you knew it or someone mentioned it before but hey.
    Thanks for the heads up! I didn't know about that. I've been wanting to play him for a while now. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    this thread is exremely inappropriate and has to do with a different game altogether. closed

Questions and observations about League of Leagends, from someone who's been around less than a week:

I've been playing a fair bit over the last few days, and I'm somewhere around L9. All I really play is Summoner's Rift blind pick, because the queue times are super low, and if I wanted to wait in a queue I'd be doing BGs on WoW During my time so far, I've found a character I enjoy, put together a very solid item build for her, figured out my ability leveling paths, and gotten a solid hang on the basics of the game, such as not tower-diving unless it's a sure thing, not trying to 2v1 early in the game, hiding in bushes and waiting for my creep waves, and using the jungle to cut off my opponents' retreat. I figured quite a few of those things out just from the one tutorial game I did. I did not play any players vs. bots games. Not one.

The thing I've noticed is that almost nobody else at this level seems to have made those connections. I periodically run into people who are clearly more experienced players on a new account or something, because they're quite sneaky and skillful. By and large though, at this level of the game, every match is determined by who has the more feeders/leavers. I handily lost a game this morning against 5 very poor opponents, because my team had a leaver at about the 1:00 mark, and someone playing Master Yi who had 0 kills and 20+ deaths because he kept tower-diving against 2 opponents + a creep wave with zero hope of killing them. The flipside of that coin is that I just finished a game playing as Kayle where I had Doran's Ring, Nashor's, Malady, and a Rageblade, and was L18 well before the 30:00 mark. Why? Because I was soloing the bottom lane against a Ryze and another Kayle who were doing little more than giving me gold and exp. When I hit 18, they were both around 11.

All this leads to my question: does this situation get better as your summoner level increases, or am I going to be stuck playing these crap-shoot games? It's virtually impossible to get my friends interested in new games, even free ones, so my LoL time is going to be spent solo'ing. I'm just hoping to hear from some of the more experienced players that once you get finished leveling, you're playing with and against people who know what they're doing. Every time I get in a game where I win because half of the people on the other side are clueless feeders, I just plain feel bad for the people who are actually trying, probably because I know how frustrated I get being dominated by an overfed Nocturne because he's been eating baddies on my team for the last 10 minutes and is 6 levels higher than me.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

I've played HoN at a reasonable level now (1800mmr+) and have never really played or seen LoL in action but have obviously seen the HoN vs LoL Flame threads etc and never really understood what is about.

So can someone please list the major differences between hon and lol. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughriot View Post

All this leads to my question: does this situation get better as your summoner level increases, or am I going to be stuck playing these crap-shoot games? It's virtually impossible to get my friends interested in new games, even free ones, so my LoL time is going to be spent solo'ing. I'm just hoping to hear from some of the more experienced players that once you get finished leveling, you're playing with and against people who know what they're doing. Every time I get in a game where I win because half of the people on the other side are clueless feeders, I just plain feel bad for the people who are actually trying, probably because I know how frustrated I get being dominated by an overfed Nocturne because he's been eating baddies on my team for the last 10 minutes and is 6 levels higher than me.

I felt the same as you " surely at level 30 the afkers/rage quitters will stop".

Tbh most games at level thirty either end up with some feeder ruining the game, a massive rage fest happens and the game is surrendered.

At level 30 even in ranked games i still get team mates who feed 0/12/0 all the time. I wish i could tell you at level 30 you will play with people that know how to play their chosen champion but in reality most games turn into a feeding,rage,afk,fake dc, blame game. The LOL community is pretty horrible. The thing i would recommend is to make some friends who play LOL and just queue with them, that way even if you lose you can still have some fun, if you dont know anyone who plays LOL post in this thread or on the LOL forums im sure someone will play with you. Luckily i know quite a few people who play and it really is alot more enjoyable playing with friends.

p.s
    If someone in your team is raging just tell them to chill a bit often it will discourage the entire team if someone is constantly raging at them about their performance so they will think "whats the point" and just give up. I have had many many games were my team has been near loss and we have by some amazing luck pulled it back to win(its these games that keep me playing LOL)
    Last edited by Robo; 2011-09-26 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by youlauzt View Post
    I've played HoN at a reasonable level now (1800mmr+) and have never really played or seen LoL in action but have obviously seen the HoN vs LoL Flame threads etc and never really understood what is about.

So can someone please list the major differences between hon and lol. Thanks.
    LoL is a simplified DotA. And if I'm right in hearing HoN is a copy paste of DotA, then yeah, LoL is a more simplified version of DotA. Someone who has played DotA more extensively & longer than I can probably explain the differences better, but that's it in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I haven't lost a dominion game as Eve yet. I usually go at least a 10:1 kill ratio, have games sitting at 2400 points by the end. Her ability to be absolutely everywhere all the time - ninja cap undefended nodes when your team tries to hard push and help completely crush a team fight over defending a node makes her a killer champion for dominion. I actually started picking other champions because Eve is so perfect for dominion that it's not really fun playing her there anymore. With mobility treads and an early TF or Lich Bane, running around spamming your ult (which you have up almost 100% of the game considering how fast kills happen) and running through the speed boosts lets you defend a node for a triple kill and be on the other side of the map to kill a runner and help your fighter ally cap their node.

It's funny, really, I've been flamed by my team during picks at least half of the games so far. "omgwtf eve is so useless." Proceed to be by far #1 on team with a 31-3-16 record...the meta game of dominion feels to me like hand holding around the map, and Eve utterly shatters this strategy with her mobility.
    You played Dominion without me, I am sad

I just figured out how to jungle as nocturne. There is a lightbulb floating above my head.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Negrido View Post
    I just figured out how to jungle as nocturne. There is a lightbulb floating above my head.
    Felt the same when I figured out how to jungle with Lee Sin. Going from dieing to the Blue buff golem to cleaning out the jungle MUCH faster than I did with Trundle.

I just went 2/13 as Ashe... in a ranked game.

I knew I should've dropped queue when the other guy picked my Soraka (Him and a mate did Soraka/Shaco bot) >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le6speNGUJU Check out my Dominion beta video showing off the new map and how it works!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post

I knew I should've dropped queue when the other guy picked my Soraka (Him and a mate did Soraka/Shaco bot) >.<
    I never pick Ashe solo que. She requires coordination to be effective as a carry, someone like Cait is usually my go to girl with her stupid good laning phase.

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post

Never, ever pick Ashe if you don't have a team of decent players with good control to back you up (or are obscenely beastly). I keep telling my friend (who keeps getting owned whenever he plays her), she's basically the best ranged AD carry...if she has a team. She needs a good team to keep people off her for at least a little bit while she shreds everything. If she doesn't have that, she's instantly toast since she has no escape mechanisms (I don't really count her ult). Other ranged AD carries like Vayne or Ez are better for solo que because they bring more control (especially Vayne). While don't necessarily have the potential to be as good as Ashe in high ranked team play, their increased mobility/control make them much more solo que friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Never, ever pick Ashe if you don't have a team of decent players with good control to back you up (or are obscenely beastly). I keep telling my friend (who keeps getting owned whenever he plays her), she's basically the best ranged AD carry...if she has a team. She needs a good team to keep people off her for at least a little bit while she shreds everything. If she doesn't have that, she's instantly toast since she has no escape mechanisms (I don't really count her ult). Other ranged AD carries like Vayne or Ez are better for solo que because they bring more control (especially Vayne). While don't necessarily have the potential to be as good as Ashe in high ranked team play, their increased mobility/control make them much more solo que friendly.

Yeah I've come to learn that. I think I may just stick with Soraka for ranked matches for now, and dodge if someone decides to grab her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I just got done with a game where I was playing Renekton, and there was an Ashe on the other team. At one point in the game this Ashe was 5-0, and she decided to come top (because I was the solo top) so their top could go b. A few seconds later, I just E onto her, stun, Q, 5-1 Ashe. She ended the game as like 6-10 because I would go after her every single fight. The enemy Jarvan would ult all of us to try and keep us away from her, their Ori would do her stuff, but it wasn't enough to stop me from flashing, E, W, Q, dead Ashe.
    Last edited by Slammin Shaman; 2011-09-26 at 07:05 AM.