Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Counselwolf View Post
    You're travelling the wrong direction.
    So it seems. xP

I'm not very good with this whole GMT thing, hence I asked him to look it up on google and wikipedia.

Why oh why is the final so late? 3am for EU? God damn it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Why oh why is the final so late? 3am for EU? God damn it.
    There's simply no good time to suit SE asia, the US and Europe. Best we can hope for is they rotate host continent year by year (unlikely, given how american centric some of riot's decisions are)

Deleted
    Eh, people will have videos of it up in like 20 minutes after a match is over, just go to sleep and watch it the next day.

There's simply no good time to suit SE asia, the US and Europe. Best we can hope for is they rotate host continent year by year (unlikely, given how american centric some of riot's decisions are)
    If they'd gone for a 3 or 4pm US time that wouldnt have been too bad. 11pm is fine for watching games and it'd have just been morning in Asia? I recall when EU regionals were on the games started at midday, but all the games at this tournament have started 5pm local time and honestly i dont know why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I recall when EU regionals were on the games started at midday,
    Aka 4 am on the US west coast, so not perhaps the best example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garen was insanely OP at release if I recall right
    I don't see any tenacity item used (beside boots) except like 1 every 50game, I never buy them, I need tenacity I change boots, they give small buff (other boots) and since I must have boots slot I prefer to loose +20magic penetration over losing a slot for +20ap instead of rabadon for example

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 11:16 AM ----------

http://majorleagueoflegends.s3.amazo...nfographic.png
    Huge news... it seems LoL is now officially most played PC game in world
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Aka 4 am on the US west coast, so not perhaps the best example.
    The point was the EU regionals started some 6-9 hours earlier for its timezone than these games are starting in their timezone, its a big discrepency.

[/COLOR]http://majorleagueoflegends.s3.amazo...nfographic.png
    Huge news... it seems LoL is now officially most played PC game in world[/QUOTE]
    It may be even more popular, still it has an horrible community, where normal players are probably only those @ high elo + 10% of the community, the rest is horrible as noobs (building ap as ad etc or with low skill) or immature, stupid raggers. Like this infographic says: 85% of the playerbase is between 16-30yo. NO THANKS! I miss old times when average age was 28 yo.
    Stats are stats, weak minds will hype over it and play more, some will try it and discovering it's community, leave

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    [/COLOR]http://majorleagueoflegends.s3.amazo...nfographic.png
    Huge news... it seems LoL is now officially most played PC game in world

It may be even more popular, still it has an horrible community, where normal players are probably only those @ high elo + 10% of the community, the rest is horrible as noobs (building ap as ad etc or with low skill) or immature, stupid raggers. Like this infographic says: 85% of the playerbase is between 16-30yo. NO THANKS! I miss old times when average age was 28 yo.
    Stats are stats, weak minds will hype over it and play more, some will try it and discovering it's community, leave
    If you play a game because of the community then you're going to have a bad time, for real.

I don't care about the community, I just play for fun, I don't let other players hit me or get offended by them, any decent/veteran player won't let him/her get down by mere insults that noobs/trolls/haters/etc.

Also, if the game player base was 28 year old on average, then the game wouldn't be that successful.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-10-12 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're telling me that xbox live is better right? I want to say that playerbase age goes for just about every single popular video game there is right now. If you are in that age, you are the target audience.

Deleted
    75 dead teemos per second pleases me somewhat, but I doubt it's accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    75 dead teemos per second pleases me somewhat, but I doubt it's accurate.
    I laughed when I saw that, but I also doubt it, I mean, are there those many players playing Teemo?

Weird, I just feel like most of what is in the graph is a lie.

Deleted
    The only game that I've played so far with a consistently mature community is a 4x browser game, the average "serious" player is easily above 30 and having children isn't very rare. I can't think of many games that mainly cater to people outside of the "young adult" category without being niche games. Most of those are very slow-paced strategy/RPG games.

I'm not sure if I had a point or not but I was writing it on the bus and I'm about to arrive so...

Deleted
    can I ask why there is no mention of DOTA? probably cause is the competitor ok but I want to know their data too, can I?

Deleted
    I'm surprised that over 90% of players are male. I knew it would be a majority, but I always thought that LoL was more appealing to girls than a lot of other games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I'm surprised that over 90% of players are male. I knew it would be a majority, but I always thought that LoL was more appealing to girls than a lot of other games.
    The statistic says "Who plays", so I'm sure there's a lot more girls that like LoL, they just, probably, don't play.

Deleted
    How did they get this info anyway? Infer it from facebook like profile counts?

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    can I ask why there is no mention of DOTA? probably cause is the competitor ok but I want to know their data too, can I?
    Here you go. That's about the most accurate you're going to get for now.

Here's stats for pubs.
    Here's stats for tourneys.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-10-12 at 04:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think dota will be any real competition to LoL unless they make huge changes, the game is still the same since 2003 with its many mistakes, no mage is probably the most thing that turns me away from dota, not to mention the idea of dying - losing gold makes me think twice since I love to tank and if you tank in dota early game, end game you end a sidekick cheering for your agility hero who can go 1v5 and win
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Yah I thought it would be a little less. Though now that I think of it, I know only two women that play LoL, whereas I know many, many more men that play.