10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    A question to the support players out here. What are your thoughts on Twin Shadows? Is it worth getting over Kage's Last Breath but after Aegis/Bulwark.

Also since this patch came out. I feel that Leona has gotten immensely strong, while others like Sona get crushed now for any small mistake.
    I get Twin Shadows as a support.
    Really helps stopping the enemies from fleeing and gives us the LoS when they are being a pain in the ass and juking.
    Kage's seems only to be good on a champ like Leona. Because otherwise, why the hell are you in the middle of their team, if you are, you're screwed!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I sure can.

roar
    Woof. Woof. (<3)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derp singed View Post
    Woof. Woof. (<3)
    That's not scary.

This is scary.

Meow meow. Fear me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Kage's seems only to be good on a champ like Leona. Because otherwise, why the hell are you in the middle of their team, if you are, you're screwed!
    Kage's last breath? Guessing that's shard of True Ice's old name.
    But you can use it on other champions, so you could have it and use it on your teams tank/initiator instead of yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    I actually like Evelynn's stealth better. Riki's ultimate (Permanent Invisibility) is, honestly, kind of bad. Because it's his ult, it's a staple to his design, but it's incredibly easy to counter. No other stealth hero in either game suffers so much from being revealed like Riki does. Evelynn's passive is pretty much Riki's ultimate put on a passive, and is used more to roam the map while hiding from wards (and can be used to check for wards much like Slark in Dota)

That said I can't really down talk Riki too much because his model makes up for anything bad about his ultimate/medicore carry ability.
    It was the third ever game I played on DOTA 2 and I had no fucking idea what I was doing until late game or something we just came back, no clue how. It's an interesting game but I couldn't get around the response time to clicking... It was a bit tedious, if I actually had more people to play with and explain the game (I don't have enough time to learn a new game by myself) I might be more tempted to play it so I can see differences between the two major MOBA's. Also isn't Smite starting to become popular?
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    I actually like Evelynn's stealth better. Riki's ultimate (Permanent Invisibility) is, honestly, kind of bad. Because it's his ult, it's a staple to his design, but it's incredibly easy to counter. No other stealth hero in either game suffers so much from being revealed like Riki does. Evelynn's passive is pretty much Riki's ultimate put on a passive, and is used more to roam the map while hiding from wards (and can be used to check for wards much like Slark in Dota)

That said I can't really down talk Riki too much because his model makes up for anything bad about his ultimate/medicore carry ability.
    Riki isn't really countered by stealth detection, he's countered by not turning around and running (besides out of Smoke Cloud)
    If you want someone countered by stealth detection take a look at Slark.

inb4 flamed because Lycoris always has to fucking mention DotA in the thread, good God.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a league thread man. Come on Lycoris.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    So...

What do you guys think of Liandrys Torment? I love it simply because I main Elise, and as Elise with spell pen is OP, Haunting Guise was almost my first item after boots. This gives me something to build it into.

I think it's pretty broken though, or am I misunderstanding the mechanics? I assume it procs on ANY spell damage right? So would someone with Wit's End auto-attacking proc it, or Elise attacking in Spider Form? If a Teemo shroom procs, does it activate? If so, it would be ridiculously overpowered - Liandrys hits for double damage when target is slowed and shrooms slow, so its already double damage, and if that proc activated every tick, one teemo shrooms would have damage going through the roof. How about Brand? His passive is already powerful, would this add to it, making for a total of 13% health as magic damage? Imagine if he built Rylais - it would bump up to 18%, and if he built say, a Void Staff, a long with his Liandrys and Sorc Boots, it would deal true damage to most champions, meaning one poke spell could take off HUGE chunks of health...

Am I misunderstanding it then, or...?
    From what I have heard, on-hit effect damage from items such as Wit's End doesn't proc it, but on-hit effect damage from spells such as Teemo's poison does.

There is also the issue that Liandry's only deals damage based on the targets current health, unlike the counterpart Blackfire Torch which deals damage based on maximum health.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    So...

What do you guys think of Liandrys Torment? I love it simply because I main Elise, and as Elise with spell pen is OP, Haunting Guise was almost my first item after boots. This gives me something to build it into.

I think it's pretty broken though, or am I misunderstanding the mechanics? I assume it procs on ANY spell damage right? So would someone with Wit's End auto-attacking proc it, or Elise attacking in Spider Form? If a Teemo shroom procs, does it activate? If so, it would be ridiculously overpowered - Liandrys hits for double damage when target is slowed and shrooms slow, so its already double damage, and if that proc activated every tick, one teemo shrooms would have damage going through the roof. How about Brand? His passive is already powerful, would this add to it, making for a total of 13% health as magic damage? Imagine if he built Rylais - it would bump up to 18%, and if he built say, a Void Staff, a long with his Liandrys and Sorc Boots, it would deal true damage to most champions, meaning one poke spell could take off HUGE chunks of health...

Am I misunderstanding it then, or...?
    You have it slightly wrong. The tooltip does say that it procs off of all spell damage, but it doesn't. Afaik it only procs off of abilities. For example the dot on teemo's autos doesn't apply it, but singed's poison does because it's a toggle ability.

I'm not really sure if each tick of the mushroom refreshes the dot, but it might. It's kind of a confusing item as to what procs it and what doesn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    You have it slightly wrong. The tooltip does say that it procs off of all spell damage, but it doesn't. Afaik it only procs off of abilities. For example the dot on teemo's autos doesn't apply it, but singed's poison does because it's a toggle ability.

I'm not really sure if each tick of the mushroom refreshes the dot, but it might. It's kind of a confusing item as to what procs it and what doesn't.
    Each tick of mushroom refreshes it.
    *Flies Away*

New interface: does anyone know what are those green lights on the left panel, at each of Your team's member portrait? Sometimes it's on, sometines it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    New interface: does anyone know what are those green lights on the left panel, at each of Your team's member portrait? Sometimes it's on, sometines it's not.
    They were in the old one, but not as noticeable.
    They're supposed to show when each teammate has their ultimate ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    they show if your teams ults are up. Though i've found them to be somewhat unreliable. I've had them be green before and have my duo partner on skype confirm that his ult is still on cd even though the light is green. They work most of the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Riki isn't really countered by stealth detection, he's countered by not turning around and running (besides out of Smoke Cloud)
    If you want someone countered by stealth detection take a look at Slark.

inb4 flamed because Lycoris always has to fucking mention DotA in the thread, good God.
    That's what a teammate's stun, or Abysal Blade is for, though. Riki would probably be one of the best heroes in the game if he had a hard CC stun of any kind.

Anyways, Riki really relies on his ultimate for a dependable escape since it gives him NOTHING except invisibility. Every other hero with a stealth has something with that stealth (Slark gains broken health regen, Clinkz has 44% movement speed, Bounty Hunter gains extra damage, etc...), so even if those heroes are revealed, they still gain something from their stealth outside just as an escape/gank mechanic.

Riki on the other hand has his ultimate's effect totally nullified, and can only use Blink strike to escape which is way too situational to be considered an escape.

Just as well, while I'm the LAST guy to use "what the pros do!" in either Dota or League of Legends (or any game for that matter), Riki is basically never picked at tournaments because everyone knows how counter-able he is. That, and he's sort of a mediocre carry in general.

By the way, Slark's ultimate is mainly supposed to be used to regen health outside of battle, and check for wards. It's countered slightly by vision, sure, but he can remove dust/track/amplify damage with his Q, and he gains a completely free overpowered health regenerator AND a free ward-finder. Shadow Dance is twenty times the ultimate that Permanent Invisibility is.

they show if your teams ults are up. Though i've found them to be somewhat unreliable. I've had them be green before and have my duo partner on skype confirm that his ult is still on cd even though the light is green. They work most of the time though.
    Maybe CDR interferes with it ?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    It was the third ever game I played on DOTA 2 and I had no fucking idea what I was doing until late game or something we just came back, no clue how. It's an interesting game but I couldn't get around the response time to clicking... It was a bit tedious, if I actually had more people to play with and explain the game (I don't have enough time to learn a new game by myself) I might be more tempted to play it so I can see differences between the two major MOBA's. Also isn't Smite starting to become popular?
    It's because in Dota, carries are much more prominent. In League of Legends, it's like, carries are already really strong and you're just getting items to make them even stronger and it becomes a game of "Just get more farm than the other carries to get your items faster".

In Dota, carries, especially 'hard' carries (such as Riki) really can't do anything but farm until 30-40 minutes in once you get a couple of items. Then from there you proceed to literally turn the enemy heroes into liquid.

I, obviously, find Dota to be the better game and I enjoy teaching people how to play it. If you wanted, we could play around a bit sometime.

Also, I dunno how popular Smite is getting but from what me and my friends played of it, it's pretty bad. If you think AoE comps in LoL or Dota or bad, wait till you see the fucked up shit in THAT game. One of the heroes literally has Nasus' ultimate on a normal ability with a short cooldown.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Maybe CDR interferes with it ?
    No. They admitted awhile back it was just fucked up and didn't work right.

I dunno if it works any better after whatever update people are talking about, though.

Deleted
    I'd love to keep this discussion up but I'm at 10 points already.

(((Icefrog has also admitted Rikimaru's ultimate could be better, but what does HE know, right?)))

10+ Year Old Account
    @JimPaladin
    I played Smite in the very early stages of beta and somewhat throughout. I like it and I think it's an interesting game, it will get more popular as the months go by and it starts passing out of beta stage.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    I didn't know people even looked at that. Most of the CDs that are superlong and need checking are usually initiator ults.

(((Icefrog has also admitted Rikimaru's ultimate could be better, but what does HE know, right?)))
    Aight shit let me just never question anything Icefrog does or says ever okay. (Like 6.75 Drow)