Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    ?
    How does that work? If they left, they count as leavers and have a loss immediately no?
    No, they have a period of time to reconnect. Or, a period of time before the game ends and them leaving.

Bought Renekton because he looked cool. I tried a practice match in a game with bots. It's rather easy to play against bots, but it gave me a chance to test out his skills. I think he is a decent champion. I'm no expert on him, but I am going to assume I will want to build him pretty much like a tank with maybe one or two AD items. I saw a few tanky items in the shop that also had cooldown reduction. I'm going to want those, right? Just any general tips on him before I test him out in a PVP match tomorrow. I'll probably get owned. Haha, I used to get owned with Vayne, but now I am pretty good with her..

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Bought Renekton because he looked cool. I tried a practice match in a game with bots. It's rather easy to play against bots, but it gave me a chance to test out his skills. I think he is a decent champion. I'm no expert on him, but I am going to assume I will want to build him pretty much like a tank with maybe one or two AD items. I saw a few tanky items in the shop that also had cooldown reduction. I'm going to want those, right? Just any general tips on him before I test him out in a PVP match tomorrow. I'll probably get owned. Haha, I used to get owned with Vayne, but now I am pretty good with her..
    I really hate to tell you, but the general consensus is Renekton is an underpowered champion

That being said, he's one of my favorite heroes, and he works great as a pseudo tank dps. Items like Frozen Mallet, Sunfire Cape, mostly health/damage items work great on him. If the game goes on for a while, Atma's Impaler is a great item for Renekton, crit for his damage, armor for his bulk, and the amount of health his items and ult give get him a lot of AD.

Deleted
    IMO, there should be an option for solo queue in Normals too. I am tired to hear "kurwa" instead of "ss" every match since the split. I am tired of seeing an Ashe refusing to go mid because of being premaded, even though she was the only ranged champion in the team.

What part of, "we are all a team, not only you and your friend" do these people fail to understand? Premades are the cancer of normal queue and I hate them. Especially when I was a low level, and some semi-retarded kid was being boosted by a level 30 Gangplank with crit runes.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2011-08-02 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I really hate to tell you, but the general consensus is Renekton is an underpowered champion

That being said, he's one of my favorite heroes, and he works great as a pseudo tank dps. Items like Frozen Mallet, Sunfire Cape, mostly health/damage items work great on him. If the game goes on for a while, Atma's Impaler is a great item for Renekton, crit for his damage, armor for his bulk, and the amount of health his items and ult give get him a lot of AD.
    I read not too long ago that he is getting buffed in the upcoming patch. Not sure how true that is, but I will play him regardless if he is underpowered or not. Who doesn't like walking around as a croc slapping people with that massive blade? I did notice in the bot game that my abilities were kinda weak versus champions, Maybe I built him wrong with items, or I just didn't build enough fury.. But once I hit my ultimate, I owned face. Then again, this was against bots
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2011-08-02 at 05:40 AM.

I just downloaded this game today.

It's absolutely AMAZING! What a superb game. I can't wait to dive into this thing.

Also I might add that the community is infinitely more welcoming than HoN's. Still full of a lot of haters and internet scum, but much more forgiving.

I read not too long ago that he is getting buffed in the upcoming patch. Not sure how true that is, but I will play him regardless if he is underpowered or not. Who doesn't like walking around as a croc slapping people with that massive blade? I did notice in the bot game that my abilities were kinda weak versus champions, Maybe I built him wrong with items, or I just didn't build enough fury.. But once I hit my ultimate, I owned face. Then again, this was against bots
    No arguments here, nothing says "Attack Damage" like Renekton the friendly crocodile.

There's only really (IMO) a few problems with Renekton, but they screw him over quite easily. In general, his damage and survivability are not high enough. The entire concept of Renekton is an amazing strong champion, but when you look at the mathematical possibilities, he flops. Renekton's ult, big scary monster of doom, think about it, you become HUGE, using it in the middle of a team fight makes you susceptible to almost every AoE possible because of your size. Combine this with the fact if you want to live through the team fight, you need to build bulky, if you build bulky, you lose out on damage, and now you can't kill anything.

I would hands down LOVE an overhaul, or at least buff Renekton's way, still my favorite AD champ, let him live Riot!

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    No arguments here, nothing says "Attack Damage" like Renekton the friendly crocodile.

There's only really (IMO) a few problems with Renekton, but they screw him over quite easily. In general, his damage and survivability are not high enough. The entire concept of Renekton is an amazing strong champion, but when you look at the mathematical possibilities, he flops. Renekton's ult, big scary monster of doom, think about it, you become HUGE, using it in the middle of a team fight makes you susceptible to almost every AoE possible because of your size. Combine this with the fact if you want to live through the team fight, you need to build bulky, if you build bulky, you lose out on damage, and now you can't kill anything.

I would hands down LOVE an overhaul, or at least buff Renekton's way, still my favorite AD champ, let him live Riot!
    Not sure how accurate this information is, but this is what I have been reading. His base stats will be buffed slightly, Q and E will be sustained abilities that will burn 10 fury a second.. Again, this is just what I am reading on the LoL forums, the person claims they got the information from Phreak.. Will just have to wait and see come patch preview.

But we all know the day the patch comes out, people will complain he is overpowered and they will nerf him to where he is worse then what he was before the buff. lol

From twitter by @Riotgunsoo: @AUTOMATEDCROC You'll probably be happy. Renekton's getting a significant buff next patch.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2011-08-02 at 07:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    You won't know the story then! Sit down little one while I explain the tale, of the overloaded EU servers, and it's disgruntled members *ghost noises*

Annyway...since Dreamhack, the LoL scene has gotten bigger and bigger. There was a huge influx of players since that event, and the EU servers just couldn't cope with it. Europe used to be one big server. It is now split into two: EU West and EU Nordic (East).

They split people up based on their location. To compensate for the bad servers that people put up with for a 1-2 months (as well as splitting people up from friends) they gave everyone a 16 day IP Boost (If you had logged on your account a month before the split happened). Basically, extra IP for wins/losses. (My friend was getting 550+ IP for his Win of the day)
    Oh, I see. Thank you for the explanation. Seems like I should've started a little earlier...

Another day, another question: So I've being playing a bit with Ashe and I am doing reasonably well with her in comparison to the rest of the champions I've got. (3/1/5 K/D/A ratio against AI) I'm building my mastery in to offensive (Mostly Attack Speed, Damage and other passive gains) and plan to add a little defensive in later with the spare points. Also going for mostly offensive runes, but I really have no clue what to pick for Ashe rune wise. Any suggestions anyone?

As for equipment. I currently with Ashe take the last three recommended items (Mostly Crit/Damage based + a trinket that absorbs a spell every 45 seconds(?)), but I swap the first three recommended items for 2 life stealing once and a mana replenish thingy. To me it feels like this works pretty awesome (reasonable survivability and longevity paired with good damage and a bit added support (1 of the life stealing once has it as a aura). But I'm wondering, is this a good plan or are the recommended items BiS or such?

Not sure how accurate this information is, but this is what I have been reading. His base stats will be buffed slightly, Q and E will be sustained abilities that will burn 10 fury a second.. Again, this is just what I am reading on the LoL forums, the person claims they got the information from Phreak.. Will just have to wait and see come patch preview.

But we all know the day the patch comes out, people will complain he is overpowered and they will nerf him to where he is worse then what he was before the buff. lol

From twitter by @Riotgunsoo: @AUTOMATEDCROC You'll probably be happy. Renekton's getting a significant buff next patch.
    Good grief, in the champion spotlight for Renekton, it was also said he was OP, and was getting nerfed, to what he is now. I guess the past really could repeat itself

Deleted
    *sigh* just did a game where it was possible to coutner and win.... but we had a afk'er....

loving Ashe D

15+ Year Old Account
    I've only played against Renekton once as Shen so this was probably just a level 30 account with full AD runes or something, but he was able to take away half of my health in one hit without even being fed. I hope they fix the level 30 vs low levels thing. It's really unfair.

10+ Year Old Account
    What, the Croc is getting buffed.

Its been a long time old friend, stay out of the water summoners.

---------- Post added 2011-08-02 at 06:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I've only played against Renekton once as Shen so this was probably just a level 30 account with full AD runes or something, but he was able to take away half of my health in one hit without even being fed. I hope they fix the level 30 vs low levels thing. It's really unfair.
    Renek did have brief period of being very strong during his nerf/buff cycle before his present state. I haven't played him since his last major rework but he was a beast if you didn't let the game last to long.

Deleted
    Testing out ArP Marks on Soraka, seems to be working nice. Let's me harass very good early game because my auto-attack has a long range and does quite good damage. Sure if I use AP/level marks my heals will heal slightly more end game (but tbh, the difference isn't that gamebreaking where a 100 heal instead of a 90 heal would save the day so to speak.) The extra early harassment for easier kills, recalls or denying the enemy champ sounds more profitable in the end (faster tower killing, easier farm for my carry etc.)

Any input on this?

p.s. Leesah, where is that Jarvan guide? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhaz View Post
    Oh, I see. Thank you for the explanation. Seems like I should've started a little earlier...

Another day, another question: So I've being playing a bit with Ashe and I am doing reasonably well with her in comparison to the rest of the champions I've got. (3/1/5 K/D/A ratio against AI) I'm building my mastery in to offensive (Mostly Attack Speed, Damage and other passive gains) and plan to add a little defensive in later with the spare points. Also going for mostly offensive runes, but I really have no clue what to pick for Ashe rune wise. Any suggestions anyone?

As for equipment. I currently with Ashe take the last three recommended items (Mostly Crit/Damage based + a trinket that absorbs a spell every 45 seconds(?)), but I swap the first three recommended items for 2 life stealing once and a mana replenish thingy. To me it feels like this works pretty awesome (reasonable survivability and longevity paired with good damage and a bit added support (1 of the life stealing once has it as a aura). But I'm wondering, is this a good plan or are the recommended items BiS or such?
    ArP, crit damage is the best for Ashe.
    For first item, get the Doran's Sword, then get the Boots of Swiftness (3 movement speed) and then buy a B.F Sword, build a zeal. After that, finish the B.F Sword into the Infinity Edge. Buy a Vampiric Scepter and then get Phantom Dancer, after you get Bloodthirster from the scepter and then you can build morepPhantom Dancers or Black Cleaver.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Testing out ArP Marks on Soraka, seems to be working nice. Let's me harass very good early game because my auto-attack has a long range and does quite good damage. Sure if I use AP/level marks my heals will heal slightly more end game (but tbh, the difference isn't that gamebreaking where a 100 heal instead of a 90 heal would save the day so to speak.) The extra early harassment for easier kills, recalls or denying the enemy champ sounds more profitable in the end (faster tower killing, easier farm for my carry etc.)

Any input on this?

The thing with Soraka is you expect her to be support, even more so than other support champions because she brings little to the table damage wise. Soraka's only job is to disable and heal so you should build around those two roles. Lux is a better champion for you according to the playstyle you described. Her E can combined with her passive and a quick finger can be very annoying early game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    ArP, crit damage is the best for Ashe.
    For first item, get the Doran's Sword, then get the Boots of Swiftness (3 movement speed) and then buy a B.F Sword, build a zeal. After that, finish the B.F Sword into the Infinity Edge. Buy a Vampiric Scepter and then get Phantom Dancer, after you get Bloodthirster from the scepter and then you can build morepPhantom Dancers or Black Cleaver.
    That's not entirely optimal

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=3287

T
    hat's MY tried and tested (By several high elo players. Also by Keelie, the person who shoutcasts with ColbyCheeze). I explain everything.

In regards to my Jarvan guide, I'll get working on it properly Soon™
    Last edited by mmoc9fada5a631; 2011-08-02 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

I would be cautious if you are going to build a runepage for Jarvan. He is apparently getting nerfed again in the coming patch according to Guinsoo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterus View Post
    I would be cautious if you are going to build a runepage for Jarvan. He is apparently getting nerfed again in the coming patch according to Guinsoo.
    I can't see it breaking him entirely, if it's not a massive nerf - He brings too much utility (Group Slow, Knock up, environment manipulation) as well as an armor and attack speed buff for allies)

Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    I can't see it breaking him entirely, if it's not a massive nerf - He brings too much utility (Group Slow, Knock up, environment manipulation) as well as an armor and attack speed buff for allies)
    While I do hope you're right that they wont break him entirely, I wouldn't be completely surprised if the nerfs put him into a state of near uselessness. It wouldn't be the first time they have over-nerfed a champion that only needed slight adjustments and broke them completely.