Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Why play Sejuani when you can Play Naut or Amumu? Same role, similar kits, both are much better at it than Sej.
    gee, I didn't know Nautilus had an aoe stun, nor did I know either of them could dash over walls and permaslow.
    no Amumu is so popular because he has TWO stuns and an aoe stun that you don't need any aiming to pull off; only thing you need is to be in the middle of the enemy.

truth be told with only so many buffs and ccs in a game you will see a lot of champions having fairly similar kits with some twists to make them unique.

so you play Sejuani because you like playing Sejuani.
    same reason you would play Xerath, LeBlanc, Veigar, Fiora and other champions around the 2% popularity mark.
    not a single one of them are weak; they're just not popular due to them being hard to farm/get kills/counter/play with or having hard counters in the current meta (garen vs fiora, anyone?).
    Last edited by mmoc63f6c1cc20; 2013-03-20 at 08:24 PM.

Simply not compatible enough for the current meta/comps that they don't get played.

Isn't sej ult arguably better than amumu / naut since it's a full stun on multiple ppl? She is a hybrid between them. All she needs is number tweaking tbh

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 08:27 PM ----------

U take sej over amumu / naut when u want more mobility / positioning advantages in battle. She doesn't require a rylias to pursue longer than 3 seconds. So lanes with hard cc she works just as well as amumu /naut. She is there, just have to think about it.

Sejuani's ultimate is a skillshot while Nautilus is just player-target and Amumu's is AoE (and huge).

If she really was as fine as people say, she would be played more. "Not viable in this meta", my ass. Like that would stop people from playing her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Oh well, to Duronos it's a skin. Much like the new Twisted Treeline is just a reskin.
    The new Twisted Treeline is far from a skin. :P

There is so much different... To explain why I say the new proving grounds map is more like a skin is because it just looks different visually, they aren't really any major changes other than cosmetic stuff etc. Yeah so the spawning area is rectangular, that really isn't game changing. The new Twisted Treeline is a completely different map with different stuff around it that act differently.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Yeah so the spawning area is rectangular, that really isn't game changing.
    So the difference between a reskin and a remake is: if any of the old parts of the map that were changed affect any game under the new map then it's a remake.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Sejuani's ult can be easily blocked to only hit one person, usually the tank, a low priority target. If Amumu hits a bandage or uses flash, you aren't "blocking" his ult. Naut's is targeted and has a knockup and a slow. There is more than enough time to get into the fight and slow them more with E. They both also bring a lot more damage as well as more utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Sejuani's ultimate is a skillshot while Nautilus is just player-target and Amumu's is AoE (and huge).

If she really was as fine as people say, she would be played more. "Not viable in this meta", my ass. Like that would stop people from playing her.
    She -is- fine. Problem is she really needs her team to follow up. That's a rough gamble in solo queue at the best of times.

Not saying she's great (she's not), but she's not that far off.

Ppl don't play her because ppl don't play her (I know it sounds weird). It's ESTABLISHED that she Is subpar. Season 3 items actually helped alot. But most exposure = no ppl buying champ = no exposure. It's a loop. And it very well b she needs number tweaking (like I said before).
    The fact of the matter is, to be even more broad, EVERY Champ is viable in the non diamond 3+ area of plays. Known your champs and mowing hoe t play against ppl with ur champ goes alot farther than ppl think. Ask the pro's, many streamers actually say JUST that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    she is just not faceroll.

people play strong faceroll picks (khazix, zed anyone?) over skilled still strong picks because win rate matters more than you showing your sweet warthog wall moves.

Sejuani has a higher win rate than both Amumu and Xin Zhao, as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    They both also bring a lot more damage as well as more utility.
    if Naut brings more damage than Sejuani to a fight I don't quite think your Naut is doing it right

Deleted
    I love that sexy boar ridin' chick, hitting people right in the blammer with her big-ass fucking spiked-mace.

I don't find her as bad as you claim her to be, at all. As someone's said; she's a gamble in solo-queue. She's somewhat easily counterjungled, she's not a great skirmisher until level-6, and in soloqueue it's hard to get people to move their asses and help you out.

However, her ganks are sick as shit, her clear-time is great and she can go through walls. I personally love her kit, all it needs is some number-tweaking; more damage, less cooldown on some abilities and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you just call Zed a faceroll pick..?

10+ Year Old Account
    660 XP until 30, so roughly 10 more games until I can do Ranked! Need about 300 more IP to finish my AD rune page, and a further 5330 to complete my AP page. Would it be fair to go into Ranked with a "Support or AD only" mantra?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooo....

--

Especially not when jumping in like this. By the time you hit, say, gold+, people might've settled into preferred roles but even then you've gotta round out a team. When you start, it'll be a crapshoot trying to get your roles, though support might not be the most popular pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the time you hit, say, gold+, people might've settled into preferred roles but even then you've gotta round out a team. When you start, it'll be a crapshoot trying to get your roles, though support might not be the most popular pick.
    Assuming that I'm starting in Bronze 5, by the time I hit Gold 5 I should have enough IP to finish my AP page.

EDIT: Unless you don't get IP from Ranked...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Like I say to every new level 30. Please, do not start doing ranked right away. Learn how to play even better more, go play draft and get used to it, it's just like ranked in terms of banning and so on.

Get all the runes first, learn how to do your own builds and your own masteries, after that, you're set to go play ranked games and go high.

If you ignore that, you'll just ruin everyone's game because you're not at the maximum capacity, meaning that having that extra rune would have helped you a lot, or if you knew how to build well against champion X you wouldn't have lose your lane and possibly the game and so on.

Going ranked right after hitting level 30 and thinking you can go high is bad, stupid and impossible unless you're being carried by someone and if you go support or just an easy role.

Also, get used to play roles that you don't play.

10+ Year Old Account
    She -is- fine. Problem is she really needs her team to follow up. That's a rough gamble in solo queue at the best of times.

Not saying she's great (she's not), but she's not that far off.
    She is too easy to counter and her initiating requires fail from enemy team at dodging her ult.
    But i like her skills anyways, and she is fun to play, but i would like to see an attack slow from her passive
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-03-20 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Assuming that I'm starting in Bronze 5, by the time I hit Gold 5 I should have enough IP to finish my AP page.

You will not get to gold like that. No offense, but it's not that easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

You do get IP by playing ranked.

That being said, especially when you just start queueing for ranked games, you will often be last pick and be forced to play whatever is left over. Even if you state your prefered roles right at the start, most people will not be nice enough to leave you your desired roles open. So you will have to get comfortable playing every role.
    Last edited by mmoc4dfd1c7108; 2013-03-20 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Typo

10+ Year Old Account
    You will not get to gold like that. No offense, but it's not that easy.
    It will probably take me about a thousand games or the rest of the season. I'm looking at a very long term view here.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    You will have to get comfortable playing every role.
    I am comfortable playing every role. I just don't have an optimised rune page for AP champs.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)