Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    *raises hand*

I'm one of those people who never buys extra wards after getting my Sightstone... except pinks, of course.

I've been watching some tournaments lately though, and noticed even at 40 minutes, all the items the supports have are Sightstone, that regen/GP5 thing and boots, rest wards. Think I'm gonna hafta worry less about completing items and more about warding myself.
    Yes. You should!

Just try to keep up with the items where necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    I guess Lucian is 99% comfirmed with this Newspost, right?

Sorry if it has been posted and I didn't catch it, at least not containing the link. (I know StNimrod already mentioned it)
    What's the 1% of doubt? It was obvious since the first hints it would be him.

10+ Year Old Account
    "posted by Lucian".

Clearly we must doubt

Deleted
    Been confirmed on the EUW boards in German that it's Lucian, that he will be most likely played as an ADC, and that he will have no slows and no cc at all.... hoping he's going to have a decent escape then.

Edit, sources (in german) ADC confirmation - no slows/cc
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-07-03 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Yeah but not all games are like tournament games, so you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by satletio View Post
    Nah man, many pro support players said they just need more wards for tournaments where vision is crucial and they can trust teammates, so they often end games with sighstone and philo/kages/kindlegem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Yes. You should!

Just try to keep up with the items where necessary.
    You guys are right. But not buying more wards than a Sightstone gives you IS a pretty bad habit on a lot of people, me included.

Obviously you can trust a pro team more than people in solo-Q, but tournaments do show how crucial and how feared vision is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Been confirmed on the EUW boards in German that it's Lucian, that he will be most likely played as an ADC, and that he will have no slows and no cc at all.... hoping he's going to have a decent escape then.

Not every champion needs an escape. Hopefully he won't have one.

Deleted
    You guys are right. But not buying more wards than a Sightstone gives you IS a pretty bad habit on a lot of people, me included.

Obviously you can trust a pro team more than people in solo-Q, but tournaments do show how crucial and how feared vision is.
    I'm guilty of that but I don't buy more wards, other than vision, because I simply don't. The ones I get from RS is enough.

Yeah, vision is pretty crucial but people in solo Q rarely have any vision, atleast on my division, Silver 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Not every champion needs an escape. Hopefully he won't have one.
    His "escape" his putting his head on the ground like an ostrich. You get immunity for as long as it is active. CD is 10 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    But not buying more wards than a Sightstone gives you IS a pretty bad habit on a lot of people, me included.
    You can count me in on this, but additionally, the amount of times where I have a Sightstone, 5 vision wards, go to a teamfight, die, and then realise I only placed one ward is more than I care to admit.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I've gotten into a quite good habit when it comes to warding. Whenever I support, no one can complain about lacking vision! :P

Also, I've noticed that 99% of people I play with in solo queue doesn't ward enough. I mainly play mid and I always buy at least one ward when I back. Once early game is over, I usually run around with 3-5 wards for as long as I can afford to use a slot for them.

I even buy wards if I die and I still have a bunch of wards on me. Can never have too many wards.

- - - Updated - - -

If they ever start tracking wards placed, I think I might out-ward a lot of supports, even though I'm mid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    You can count me in on this, but additionally, the amount of times where I have a Sightstone, 5 vision wards, go to a teamfight, die, and then realise I only placed one ward is more than I care to admit.
    I noticed that you rush Athene's on supports. That's another bad habit you can add to the list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post

I hope he's like a bursty version of Vayne.

I guess he'll be sort of similar to Graves in play style.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed that you rush Athene's on supports. That's another bad habit you can add to the list.
    What can I say? I love having mana.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    I've gotten into a quite good habit when it comes to warding. Whenever I support, no one can complain about lacking vision! :P

Also, I've noticed that 99% of people I play with in solo queue doesn't ward enough. I mainly play mid and I always buy at least one ward when I back. Once early game is over, I usually run around with 3-5 wards for as long as I can afford to use a slot for them.

I even buy wards if I die and I still have a bunch of wards on me. Can never have too many wards.

- - - Updated - - -

If they ever start tracking wards placed, I think I might out-ward a lot of supports, even though I'm mid.
    Yeah, I always pick up 1-2 wards whenever I back as mid, and refill when needed(usually keep the bush behind enemy red buff and at least one of the bushes at the side of mid warded).
    On supports... either I spam wards literally everywhere and get no items other than boots(possibly upgraded), RS and Philo, essentially giving my team a "iseedeadpeople"-level of vision. Or the other extreme is that I constantly sit on 5 green and 1-5 pink wards, never dropping any. So, my support style is very Sith-like. I deal in extremes.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Get a Philo Stone then? It should be adequate if you know what you're doing.

Get Philo Stone and possibly mana pots. Usually you won't stay in lane long enough to reasonably be able to burn through more than 1-2 potions anyway, unless you're playing a support with insane mana costs(Blitzcrank spamming hooks and Anivia are the only ones with absurd mana costs I can think of)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a Philo Stone then? It should be adequate if you know what you're doing.
    It isn't, even when upgraded to Eleisa's.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    See the last bit of his sentence

It isn't, even when upgraded to Eleisa's.
    Then I guess the last bit of what I said applies.

If you insist on getting a Mana Font(that's what the passive is called, right?) as a support, at least get Mikael's instead. The on-use is pretty good(removes all CC and heals based on missing health), and the rest of the item is fairly similar to Athene's.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Get Philo Stone and possibly mana pots. Usually you won't stay in lane long enough to reasonably be able to burn through more than 1-2 potions anyway, unless you're playing a support with insane mana costs(Blitzcrank spamming hooks and Anivia are the only ones with absurd mana costs I can think of)
    Anivia support? I've never even heard of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll fraps a Sona game when I get home for you all to laugh at, then, eh?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Anivia support? I've never even heard of this.
    Well, it's mostly a friend of mine who wants to try it. I guess it could work(stun and wall), but the mana costs are absolutely insane(as in, Q costs like 100 mana at rank 1, with the other spells only being slightly cheaper)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU