10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, when you jungle enough timers aren't necessary. I know all the spawn times and can keep track of it in my head since I've been jungling for so long. It'll be great for Bronze/Silver players or players who never jungle, but for the jungle mains and those of a high rank, it's just a shiny new visual for something they already know by heart.

Deleted
    I don't like the timers they added, biggest reason being that they're fully automatic and visible to everyone.

Now if they only added buttons which you'd then need to press to start a 5, 6, 7 min countdown it would make player input still important.
    Say for example you just saw enemy coming out of baron pit with the buff, but you didn't have vision of actual Baron death, you could start the 7 min timer, while this new system would just derp out

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it time stuff you didn't see die though? Because that was one of the reasons why it was removed from Curse Voice IIRC.

If it does I'm fully against these timers, but if it requires vision of the death to get an exact timer, then I'm okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Does it time stuff you didn't see die though? Because that was one of the reasons why it was removed from Curse Voice IIRC.

If it does I'm fully against these timers, but if it requires vision of the death to get an exact timer, then I'm okay with it.
    Indeed, or else this will make counterjungling so easy. I dont like this at all..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

"What if the camp/monster dies and I don't see it then I walk up and see it: "You'll get the timer for a camp if you have vision of the camp when it's cleared, if not you'll just know that it's not up, but not when it will come back (same functionality as the current minimap icons)."

There you go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post

Pretty sure it says somewhere that vision is required. Just like baron or dragon, if you have a ward at either baron or dragon with vision on it and the enemy kill it, you will see they slain dragon and it appears in chat (for timestamps). If you cant see it die, then no notification it is dead. Suppose it makes it easier for blue and red though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with timers, it separates a lot of a good junglers from the rest if they can use the extra brain memory storage which for some such as myself takes extra effort to keep track of. Such bullshit honestly... I've worked for about a year on keeping timers in my head and now it just feels like they're giving up to casuals.

If I remember correctly, Meteos feels the same.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    And now you don't need to remember them, what's your point? You say like remembering 5 different numbers (0:50, 1:00, 5:00, 6:00, 7:00) was very hard. It's quality of life change, pretty much like using laptop to write down lectures instead of pen and paper
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And now you don't need to remember them, what's your point? You say like remembering 5 different numbers (0:50, 1:00, 5:00, 6:00, 7:00) was very hard. It's quality of life change, pretty much like using laptop to write down lectures instead of pen and paper
    No this isn't school, this is a game. Quality of life change? This is is a competitive game not World of Casualcraft.

It took more brain power to keep track of all the timers as well as keeping track of the game time consistently enough to get yourself positioned in time. This "quality of life change" as you call it is nothing more than Riot catering to players who aren't as good as myself and others who attempt to get better of keeping track. This bothers me so much, all the extra training for nothing.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's just you saying that it was hard to keep track of time in game. It was annoying to keep everything in head, but in no way "hard".

I don't know, maybe it's mine experience in RTS genre, but i never had a problem with tracking time, it's just another "5>E @ 17" for me.

"All the extra training for nothing". If you really "trained" yourself, you don't even need this change, you won't notice it, and you will still be better at tracking spawns, because you don't need these timers.
    Seriously, i haven't seen so much butthurt over such small change. Even from backstab change for it to not require to be at enemy back.

I see how everyone can profit from this change (that's why i call it quality of life change), because people who actually interested in tracking spawns will have "free" "brainpower" to track, for example, minion equilibrium on ally lanes. People who could track spawns without timers won't see any change and they still will be ahead because they already use this "free" "brainpower".

If you think that tracking spawns is "competitive" part of LoL, why won't we remove game timer then? And remove chat cllert about who and when have got a dragon or baron?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No, it's just you saying that it was hard to keep track of time in game. It was annoying to keep everything in head, but in no way "hard".

I don't know, maybe it's mine experience in RTS genre, but i never had a problem with tracking time, it's just another "5>E @ 17" for me.

"All the extra training for nothing". If you really "trained" yourself, you don't even need this change, you won't notice it, and you will still be better at tracking spawns, because you don't need these timers.
    Seriously, i haven't seen so much butthurt over such small change. Even from backstab change for it to not require to be at enemy back.

I see how everyone can profit from this change (that's why i call it quality of life change), because people who actually interested in tracking spawns will have "free" "brainpower" to track, for example, minion equilibrium on ally lanes. People who could track spawns without timers won't see any change and they still will be ahead because they already use this "free" "brainpower".

If you think that tracking spawns is "competitive" part of LoL, why won't we remove game timer then? And remove chat cllert about who and when have got a dragon or baron?
    First of all congratulations on your English, it's much better than it used to be.

Second of all, even top tier teams like SKT K screwed up a baron timer recently. Things implemented like this only lessen the gap between good and bad... I still struggle to keep everything in check due to playing a lot of Shaco, he tends to be everywhere so outside of counterjungling you have to keep track of your own stuff with dragon and baron. It's much harder to keep track of every single thing on the map along with enemy player movements etc.
    Hey everyone

I think the timers are okay. Same deal with Curse Voice, doesn't give any advantages but saves you 5 seconds of typing time. Don't really think this is anything gamebreaking, a quality of life change. I definitely don't think that the timers won't become available unless you see the objective die, that would be retarded beyond imagination

Oh and on Meteos, from his twitter:

Will Hartman @meteoslol · 9 t
    I didn't think I would like the idea of jungle timers but I think the way that riot is implementing them is good

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avutu View Post
    I think the timers are okay. Same deal with Curse Voice, doesn't give any advantages but saves you 5 seconds of typing time. Don't really think this is anything gamebreaking, a quality of life change. I definitely don't think that the timers won't become available unless you see the objective die, that would be retarded beyond imagination

Oh and on Meteos, from his twitter:

Will Hartman @meteoslol · 9 t
    I didn't think I would like the idea of jungle timers but I think the way that riot is implementing them is good

"What if the camp/monster dies and I don't see it then I walk up and see it: "You'll get the timer for a camp if you have vision of the camp when it's cleared, if not you'll just know that it's not up, but not when it will come back (same functionality as the current minimap icons)."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Yea there it is, so nothing wrong with the timers IMO ^^

Why do people disagree with the timers? The less you have to keep in your head, the more you can focus on more important things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find hitting enter and going "Drake 1730", "OR 1220" particularly skillfull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I don't find hitting enter and going "Drake 1730", "OR 1220" particularly skillfull.
    Not that anyone in a normal cares about an early drake though. They don't seem to care about much, until they lose that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    But then you'll have to actually type that which might be tough if you're busy fighting or getting into position, plus you'd need to scroll up the chat and stuff if your team are talking a lot.

Having constant on-screen timers is going to make things simpler, even if some people might not think so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    But then you'll have to actually type that which might be tough if you're busy fighting or getting into position, plus you'd need to scroll up the chat and stuff if your team are talking a lot.

Having constant on-screen timers is going to make things simpler, even if some people might not think so.
    They aren't constant on-screen, they only show when you open the scoreboard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post

Why would you type timers when you're fighting again? Generally it's the jungler typing camps or support keeping track on dragon. It takes half a second to type. I'm pretty sure everyone has half a second time to type.

No one is arguing whether it will make it easier, that's quite obvious. They're arguing whether it's needed.