Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Tell that to all the one trick ponies currently running around.
    Someone called me this earlier because they were losing and I have 200 games played on Hecarim this season...

Side-note, Dead Man's Plate is a pretty good item on him. The charges build wicked fast, and when you do get one off, it's usually at the beginning of a gank. Combined with Devastating Charge and TriForce's Spellblade passive, it's pretty good damage. Relatively cheap compared to everything else he builds and gives him a load of health and armor.

On supports, they may or may not have been designed for the role. Sometimes, a champion is designed to be a jungler or a mid, something like that, and they work far better as another role. Typically, CC heavy champions rule the bot lane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    A support essentially has to be able to live on a lower gold income and still be relevant to the team / team fights late game.

That can be through picks (e.g. Blitzcrank / Morgana), CC (e.g. Annie, Trundle, Nautilus), disengage (e.g. Janna or Lulu), sustain (e.g. Soraka or Sona) or engage (e.g. Karma and Leona). This is a bit simplistic but you hopefully get the basic idea.
    And throwing axes in people faces (e.g. Olaf).

lvl 30 NA Silver 2 IGN: 9000 Kappas

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    And dont forget about angles! (e.g. Vel'Koz)

I feel that any champion can be played as a support, not everyone is as good as others, but most of them works nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Hey, it slows people, which is CC. Also, the best CC is killing people dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    And dont forget about angles! (e.g. Vel'Koz)

I feel that any champion can be played as a support, not everyone is as good as others, but most of them works nicely.
    Basically, if you can do something useful without gold, you can support.

7+ Year Old Account
    So what about the items/runes/masteries? Do they use different builds?

Say the traditional supports like thresh/morgana/janna, do they build different from annie/nautilus/blitzcrank ?
    Last edited by Skylarking; 2015-08-14 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    So what about the items/runes/masteries? Do they use different builds?

Say the traditional supports like thresh/morgana/janna, do they build different from annie/nautilus/blitzcrank ?
    In general you have the tank CC support like Braum, Nautilus etc. who are fine by getting just armor, health and MR runes. The ones like Annie, Morg, Brand etc. who also bring quite a bit of AP damage are fine with Magic Pen (or Armor Pen/Magic Pen hybrids, they are just VERY expensive) armor and cooldown reduction/MR.

Ofcourse, each champ CAN get a specific runepage, a Thresh for examples could go with Attack Damage reds, since he harasses a lot with autoattacks + his E passive for even stronger auto attacks.

But overall, a tanky support should be fine with Armor, health and MR/CDR (5% CDR blues are used a lot).
    An AP focussed support is fine with Armor, health, AP, MR/CDR

Specific pages will have little to no effect on your level.

And if you know you gonna trade hard, or even go full in at level 2, you could take AD runes as an AP mage. As you will be doing more auto attacks than spells at early lvl, and they hurt! I used to have an Armor/Magic Pen with AD as Annie, for heavy early harass (also had armor in there of course). Because you can go full in lvl 1 as Annie, if you build up a stun with W before you get to lane. And then go right on their ADC with a stun, followed by auto attack harass and W when it is off CD again. Sometimes it ended in a flash, or even a heal as well, or maybe a kill if my ADC partner was awake.

Then it is just to show off dominance, and stay around their ranged minions, and harass the ADC every time he wants to try to CS.

But to play that offensive, you kinda need to know who you can do that against etc. I wouldn't dare do it now, because I have been playing the game way too casual the last year. And I'm not 100% up to date with what combo is good and so forth down bot. There is so many wierd supports like Trundle, Olaf and so forth that I never saw one year ago :P
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    And if you know you gonna trade hard, or even go full in at level 2, you could take AD runes as an AP mage. As you will be doing more auto attacks than spells at early lvl, and they hurt! I used to have an Armor/Magic Pen with AD as Annie, for heavy early harass (also had armor in there of course). Because you can go full in lvl 1 as Annie, if you build up a stun with W before you get to lane. And then go right on their ADC with a stun, followed by auto attack harass and W when it is off CD again. Sometimes it ended in a flash, or even a heal as well, or maybe a kill if my ADC partner was awake.

Then it is just to show off dominance, and stay around their ranged minions, and harass the ADC every time he wants to try to CS.

But to play that offensive, you kinda need to know who you can do that against etc. I wouldn't dare do it now, because I have been playing the game way too casual the last year. And I'm not 100% up to date with what combo is good and so forth down bot. There is so many wierd supports like Trundle, Olaf and so forth that I never saw one year ago :P
    The problem with AD runes on an Annie for example is that they are completely useless very fast, and any enemy botlane that dies to it so fast would probably lose the lane anyway. Hybrid penetration or Magic Penetration is a lot better mid/late game. Especially on a Annie who has high base damages around midgame (level 5 etc).

Plus, is there really ANY ADC that lets an Annie WITH stun simply walk up to him/her?

Hide in bush - flash engage! And the 10 ap you wont get because you got AD instead wont make a huge difference. I feel bot lane is so much about that early level trade, get your ADC some farm, or a level advantage over the other ADC, and it is pretty much won.

Deleted
    Hide in bush - flash engage! And the 10 ap you wont get because you got AD instead wont make a huge difference. I feel bot lane is so much about that early level trade, get your ADC some farm, or a level advantage over the other ADC, and it is pretty much won.
    You take AD reds (or I assume you go complete bonkers and go AD Quints?), which means you have no MPen or HybridPen. But seriously, does anyone still wait in a bush at level 1? :S This also means you're not helping your jungler out.

But waiting in a bush
    Flashing OFFENSIVELY at level 1
    Taking AD reds/quints

For a POSSIBLE First Blood or enemy adc flash is just ... mindblowingly stupid if it actually works. And as an Annie that 10 AP would actually be better then the 10 AD for the 3 AA's you get off in the trade.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the explanation guys hehe

Some champs that i want to play as well have some jungling involved, and ive never done it before. Nautilus is a support/jungle type, and im wondering when do i jungle and when do i support? I primarily want to support with him but according to sites like lolking he is also a jungler. Jungling is just killing the neutral monsters on the inner parts of the map right?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's objective control (Dragon / Baron / Buffs / Towers), it's canceling out the enemy jungler. It's shutting down enemy lanes. It's enabling your lanes. It's probably the single most involved and complicated role to play. To be a good jungler demands a ton of game knowledge and the ability to read your opposing team's jungler.

As to when you take a champion where... honestly, that question is just showing you shouldn't be going into the jungle until you have a better grasp of the game.

I honestly find it very hard to even answer your question, because it is so... fundamentally wrong. You jungle when you want to be the jungler. You support when you want to be the support. (Assuming no one else already took that spot in the team.) Your champion picks follow from the role you play and what you want to accomplish in a team setting - not the other way around.

Some champs that i want to play as well have some jungling involved, and ive never done it before. Nautilus is a support/jungle type, and im wondering when do i jungle and when do i support? I primarily want to support with him but according to sites like lolking he is also a jungler. Jungling is just killing the neutral monsters on the inner parts of the map right?
    Jungling is much much more.
    You need to keep an eye on your minimap all the time, if you see their jungler top, and their buff down bot is about to spawn - free buff for you. Also free dragon.
    You need to have an eye on all the lanes, are one of your lanes pushing? Well, that might be the next lane the enemy jungler will gank, go there and wait, most of the time it is correct, and it can lead to a double kill, or atleast save your team mate.
    Also you need to keep pressure, keep up buff/dragon/baron timers, so you are always ready BEFORE they spawn, you need to have good ganks, and ye, there is a lot of stuff to think of when you are jungling :P

And it really depends on what jungler you are playing, some are not very good pre-6, they usually just speed farm to level 6, then gank every time the ult is up (Like WW), some have good early invades (Shaco) and aim to do a lvl 2 gank on their jungler. Some are just farm monsters, and like to pick up Devourer (Yi, Shyv etc), and speed farm to 30 stacks, while only ganking when it will be 100% it is a flash or a kill from it.

So playing a jungler is a lot about knowing your limits, and the enemy limits.

7+ Year Old Account
    http://www.lolking.net/champions/

His (nautilus) meta is Jungle but he can also support. So, if i don't want to jungle is that fine?

I dont know how reliable these sites are, but meta does change a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can also play him top lane if you want.

And please... stop looking up champion roles on websites.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then where do i check?

10+ Year Old Account
    Understanding what champions do and what is required of specific roles means you don't need to.

You could also just scroll through the features matches in the LoL client for a bit if you really want to get more of a feel for what champion gets played where. Maybe watching a few LCK / LCS / LPL games might also be enlightening.

Really though, I don't think it matters a great deal if you're asking these questions as the people you're playing with will know about as much as you do.

10+ Year Old Account

I know I'm going to sound super egotistical but trust me, you'll love Shaco once you get him down. There's a damn good reason people who play Shaco tend to rack a lot of games up on just one champion, it's because he's literally the most fun champion you can play. There's a bit of a learning curve and I still remember when I even started playing him, I was so fucking bad at him but after a few hundred games I started understanding the champion and just couldn't get enough of him and still don't.

If you need any questions answered if you decide to play him then just ask, I know everything you need to know. Also everyone hates me on this forum since I always talk about Shaco, he's literally life.

http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=tizzlefix
    Hey everyone