Deleted
    So came back to league after a month of playing mostly d3 and couldn't get why half of the time my champ just doesn't move at all.... oh wait, right mouse button for movement, not left. Oh the derps i had in my first game >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Cock'Maw is the next skin.... Guaranteed.

OT: The skins being sexual, well that's just marketing for you. Sex sells nowadays and people like it so my question would be more, why wouldn't you? Morals in business are meh, you get money by going into it with no emotion and asking yourself what do people like... They like sex.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Cock'Maw?

I have no idea of how that would look like.

Eww. Kill me.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-18 at 03:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Cock'Maw is the next skin.... Guaranteed.

OT: The skins being sexual, well that's just marketing for you. Sex sells nowadays and people like it so my question would be more, why wouldn't you? Morals in business are meh, you get money by going into it with no emotion and asking yourself what do people like... They like sex.
    The other issue is that even people that politely ask for skins that are less fanservice-centric instantly get labelled negatively as feminists, Muslims, Amish people, and Puritans, and are being treated as autistic retards whining to "get the game changed and take away Riot's precious breasts and butts from females", instead of actual people wanting something more than what Riot is putting out right now.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-11-18 at 02:56 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The other issue is that even people that politely ask for skins that are less fanservice-centric instantly get labelled negatively as feminists, Muslims, Amish people, and Puritans, being treated as autistic retards whining to "get the game changed" instead of actual people wanting something more than what Riot is putting out right now.
    A big rule of business is advertise to your majority. Granted trying to get both is good but lets be straight, sex is going to sell to quite a huge majority.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    It's not exactly sex, more like sex appeal, but yeah.

It kinda sucks though. =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    A big rule of business is advertise to your majority. Granted trying to get both is good but lets be straight, sex is going to sell to quite a huge majority.
    Yes, I understand that, and the fact that trying to appeal to the vocal majority can backfire, (i.e. Cataclysm's "Hard" Heroics on release) but the problem is that it's all that people expect from females now.

And with them announcing that Karma is getting a visual rework, in addition to a kit rework, that's just screaming that they'll make Karma a whore just for the sake of getting people to use her.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Cock'Maw?

I have no idea of how that would look that.

Eww
    Just wait to see his auto-attack animation, and ultimates! Youza! -snipped-

I love Trundle. Especially his design. (His quotes are awesome as fuuucckkkkkkkk aswell) I want a champion who looks bad-ass. Dont care much for the cleavage, except for the fun it brings in the skype-convos, etc. Yes. We are that childish.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 04:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Hehe, indeed! I also have that problem with Shyvana, that's why I hate to pick her because games are so reliant on early ganks, and if you fail, bang, she gets totally shitty and it gets pretty hard for her to get back on the game.

I'm not an experienced jungler, but I am in mid/late gameplay, but really, I don't know much about jungling, ganks and the jungle itself, paths, etc etc, so I don't know.
    Shyvana's great potential comes to use if your laners would bother to move their asses into the enemy jungle. This why I hate Shyvana on purple side, but she's my absolute go-to jungler on blue side. In team-games anyway. You can completely shut the enemy jungler and top down with your mid+top partners coming in to counter-jungle, set up ambushes, easy ganks top, and so on. Good thing about Shyvana, she has to be very, very far behind in order to fall on her ass. After some beefyness and Wit's End, wich is pretty cheap to come by (aegis, wardens mail, hog + wits end), she'll be a monster.

The thing I love most about the current jungle is the fact that I can gank, gank and well, more ganks. Right now I have such a huge impact on the game it feels amazing knowing I contributed the most to destroying the opposing team's early game. And if it fails, it's most likely my fault aswell, wich is great because that means I'll know where to look for improvements. I hope Riot wont change this too much. So bring on the new jungle, Riot. And fast, please!
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2012-11-18 at 04:18 AM.

Deleted
    So, the season two didn't start yet. Can we join ranked queues and gain raiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    So, the season two didn't start yet. Can we join ranked queues and gain raiting?
    Yes you can and its season three.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    yup, it's the preseason right now. Ranked Qs are available and elo is lost and gained. Riot has said all your preseason stats will carry over into season 3 as well.

Hmm going through the LoL champions and the females I found where they don't make them look slutty (i.e show too much skin/Exaggerate boobs) are : Akali, Ashe, Diana, Fiora, Irelia, Karma, Kayle, Leona, Lux, Riven, Shyvana, Soraka (She even covers her tits), Vayne. This is excluding skins, some skins might be sexualized while others are actually less, and to save time I didn't bother.

That's a fair share of champions they made where they didn't overdo the sexuality unless by selling champions based on sex you mean that the female champion actually has breasts and also a non-masculine body? Also what about Cassiopeia, she is a monster female. If they didn't put a pair of breasts on her then they might as well have made her male.

If you read the next few posts made in that forum you linked, Morello made a fairly good point here. Well at least a point that I tend to agree with. Especially in this case where people are moaning about Nami having breasts. Shit I really love tits, it's usually about the first thing I look at (Yes MF I am looking at you) but I didn't even realise she had them. My first thoughts were "Oh cool a Mermaid, Oh she has a nice face, Oh awesome weapon". If that's what catches my (A massive pervert) eyes first then I can't see how it's overly sexualized

Anyway Morello posted
    "Correct me if I'm wrong, but IronStylus has essentially mentioned that they're looking at fixing things like similar silhouettes and other shape-language that lessens variety - but while keeping a stylistic consistency to League of Legends. This character has a fish for a body, but you're so over-focused on the breasts issue that you can't see the forest for the trees. Therefore, this issue is not in the interest of the player-base from this perspective, but instead is a crusade of some social morality angle that doesn't have anything to do with game development.

All of the male characters (that we're happy with...) have strong musculature and other traditionally powerful, male features. All of our females have identifiable femininity in their forums, and that is played up or down based on the archetype. Nami is one of the better-received champion sneak peeks we've seen, so players enjoy it, and accomplishes variety from a lot of angles."
    He does go on to say MF and Sona are the most popular champs. However that's nothing surprising.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...55980#31555980

Also Recently we got Khazix, Rengar and Hecarim which are completely different looking monster champs. Hell Khazix could even have been female, it doesn't matter. Just because they haven't made a female that looks like she is going to take my lunch money doesn't mean they can't get creative with champions.

10+ Year Old Account
    one thing that's always bothered me about people being like x champion is hyper sexualized etc, is that when you are in game, what are you looking at. I agree that a lot of splash arts and skins feature the champions wearing little clothing, or showing lots of skin, and or also just barely keeping the cleavage from falling out (I'm looking at you sona).

But when i'm in game, I don't even really pay attention to what my champion looks like. It's like here is my champion, here is their champion. Oh damn, i'm in an awful position, better move. Like even during laning, i'm watching the minimap or the minions. I don't ever really look closely at my champion. This also goes for the people who complain about movement animations and stuff. On your first trip to lane or something I might pay attention to them, but afterwards, I don't really care how my champion moves or looks as long as they work as they are intended. I know a lot of people didn't like the varus lurch that he started with. Didn't bother me. I'll say the one we have now looks less creeperish, but they both worked fine.

I'm not really sure what I was trying to get across there.

Deleted
    Most champions in LoL are sexualised. Who cares that much really. I mean, there's bigger stuff in the world to care about than whether the pixels on Sona's chest are too big/proportionate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Most champions in LoL are sexualised. Who cares that much really. I mean, there's bigger stuff in the world to care about than whether the pixels on Sona's chest are too big/proportionate.
    Or not big enough. Got to cover all your bases Styles, cmons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Or not big enough. Got to cover all your bases Styles, cmons.
    Thats covered by Gragas already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Thats covered by Gragas already.
    I find Gragas extremely appealing. I'd love to have him writhing on top of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    IronStylus statement regarding Nami's design.

This statement is not assuring at all, and gives people the impression that Riot won't change anything about female champion design and continue to roll out females that look like trailer trash whores, just because sex sells and they want the $$$ more than actual champion diversity.
    Really. I have to ask, but what exactly are you going on about? It's a design by a woman no less. Her first champion/skin design and she gets shit flung at her for showing some blooming fish scales? Are we going to get mad at Disney next cos the li'l mermaid is only wearing a damn bikini top?

Take a look at the releases and then state, in full righteous conviction, that Riot never releases fully dressed women and I shall look at you and, in full righteous conviction, laugh you in the face.

Do I agree that some skins are silly? (Officer Caitlyn...) - absolutely. Do I think that Riot is basically a subsidiary for the Playboy Mansion? Hell no. Skins are there to offer a change of pace. Fiora getting a skin that is showing some, well, skin does fit in that tradition as it gave the Fiora players something different from the fully dressed skins she had so far.

Where was your indignant outrage at the overly sexualised Pentakill Olaf, whose obscene bare chested upperbody is bursting at the seams?

As to Urgot and Trundle, I agree with Riot. They were a mistake. LoL is silly, for the most part. Not gross. A fleshbag sewn back together or a troll rotting away and regenerating hardly fit within this particular world. I love Trundle's character but man could he use an update. Gentleman Trundle, legendary skin? Yes please!

You could see Urgot's popularity pick up after his Battlecast release. If that isn't an indication that something is wrong with his base design, I don't know what will convince you.

Deleted
    Not to mention that they said that Urgot and Trundle were failures asthetic and design-wise that we'll probably never see another actual female monster champion, not even a female anthropomorphic one on the lines of a female Nasus/Renekton. .

Now then, let's all have a good laugh on Morello's behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Really. I have to ask, but what exactly are you going on about? It's a design by a woman no less
    I fail to see how it being by a woman is of any relevance.

Deleted
    Just don't bother responding to them Dulli. They are the type of people that are a very vocal minority, that thing by shouting and stamping their entitled little feet they can get what they want. Have a problem with the LoL characters body image? Start > Control Panel > Programmes and Features. Feel free to uninstall, as nobody wants to listen to your /r/SRSWomen bullshit.

I also find it funny that these, for lack of a better word, feminists, think that big boobs = sluts. It seems people have some negative body issues of their own to get over. I'm sick and tired of seeing this GD type shite every time a female champion is released that has a hint of breasts. Even now, it's an 117 page thread on the forums, and it's nothing more than a contrite crock of shit for people to complain.

/rant over

Edit: I'm not going to laugh at Morello, and if you're part of that crowd I've just mentioned above, then that makes me legit sad.