Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    AP amumu in the jungle is wicked fun. Two shotting carries never gets old.
    I've been playing Amumu top a lot lately. Would like to try this one out. How do you build / rune / do his masteries?

Deleted
    Apparently AP ezreal is shit against Akali too...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    That's because AP Ezreal is shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 Dashes > 1 Dash
    Her Burst > Your Burst
    40% Attack Speed > No real effect on her
    Shroud > Dodging Skillshots

It really isn't rocket science. Playing AP Ezreal in blind pick is an easy way to get your ass handed to you. Unless you're extremely good with him, expect to lose most match ups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    3 Dashes > 1 Dash
    Her Burst > Your Burst
    40% Attack Speed > No real effect on her
    Shroud > Dodging Skillshots

It really isn't rocket science. Playing AP Ezreal in blind pick is an easy way to get your ass handed to you. Unless you're extremely good with him, expect to lose most match ups.
    Actually I am extremely good with him.

Still lose.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 11:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    That's because AP Ezreal is shit.
    Not against ordinary mages.

Deleted
    Only Lux then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I am extremely good with him.

Still lose.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 11:49 PM ----------

If you're extremely good then why do you still lose? You're probably overestimating your skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    If you're extremely good then why do you still lose? You're probably overestimating your skill.
    Yeah I guess so, but still pretty good. But that is not enough for counters like Akali and Kass.

I don't see what's wrong with AP Ezreal honestly. I seem to do just fine versus other mages. Never got to play vs an anti-carry though, but which ap carry doesn't have issues with those?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I've been playing Amumu top a lot lately. Would like to try this one out. How do you build / rune / do his masteries?
    There is probably a better way to do this, but I run MPen reds, armor seals, MR/lvl glyphs, and MS Quints. Masteries, I believe I was doing normal jungle Amumu masteries. 0/21/9. Could do 9/21/0 though, taking the AP stuff in the offensive tree. I start cloth + 5 pots. I normally build a HoG for survivability and extra gold, but one game I built a Kage's and did just fine. Boots are your choice based on if you want more damage or you want more survivability against AP or AD. Abyssal scepter first, then I start building traditional AP items, like a death cap, rylias, and hourglass. The idea is to have just enough survivability to survive initial burst and get some spells off, then die. I've heard it described as being a holy hand grenade. Do tons of damage, die, then your team cleans up because they focused you. If they ignore you like a normal tank, you can get multi-kills quite easily because his AP Ratios are very good and you'll just tear through everyone.

My build definitely isn't perfect, but it works. I'd love any advice on how to improve it since this is completely from scratch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what's wrong with AP Ezreal honestly. I seem to do just fine versus other mages. Never got to play vs an anti-carry though, but which ap carry doesn't have issues with those?
    AP ezreal has been total garbage ever since the heal was removed. It was the only redeeming quality of using ap ez over ad ez.

10+ Year Old Account
    AP ez has more burst then AD but if you cant pull off the combo then hes shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    No seriously, don't do this. If you face Kassadin in mid, bully him as hard as possible before 6. It does depend on what your champion is, but Kassadin is really weak in lane before he can teleport into your face. If for some reason you can't trade against him, get your jungler to camp mid. He has no escape at all (and some Kassadin players don't even take Flash).
    And this is why I usually don't give advice without a "I could be wrong"-warning.

Deleted
    First game AD Ez, get penta-kill. Sweet.

Also, 5v5 blind with randoms, get 2k elo Udyr jungle, proceed to struggle in lane (Kennen/Alistar. I HATE LANING AGAINST ALISTAR) early, but do better late, but they survive on 21 minutes because Udyr was 3/0/7 and our top Jax was fed as wel AD carry doesn't start untill teamfights break out! And they hadn't yet actually.

Deleted
    The only redeeming quality of AP Ezreal is that his harass through minionwaves is better and that his ulti hits slightly harder and more often and since W is so short range, he has to waste his only escape every single time he wants to harass. If you miss that a single time or he's tanky enough to ignore it? Prepare to be stomped. I'm always surprised when people want to go AP Ezreal because unless you're facing a melee mid it doesn't matter that W goes through minions anyway.

The problem with his ulti hitting harder is that well, he needs items for it and the only thing that helps AP Ez get farm is his ultimate, which kills any benefit your ultimate would have given your team. You're sure as hell not gonna win your lane or get lanefarm so how else are you gonna get items?

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    There is probably a better way to do this, but I run MPen reds, armor seals, MR/lvl glyphs, and MS Quints. Masteries, I believe I was doing normal jungle Amumu masteries. 0/21/9. Could do 9/21/0 though, taking the AP stuff in the offensive tree. I start cloth + 5 pots. I normally build a HoG for survivability and extra gold, but one game I built a Kage's and did just fine. Boots are your choice based on if you want more damage or you want more survivability against AP or AD. Abyssal scepter first, then I start building traditional AP items, like a death cap, rylias, and hourglass. The idea is to have just enough survivability to survive initial burst and get some spells off, then die. I've heard it described as being a holy hand grenade. Do tons of damage, die, then your team cleans up because they focused you. If they ignore you like a normal tank, you can get multi-kills quite easily because his AP Ratios are very good and you'll just tear through everyone.

My build definitely isn't perfect, but it works. I'd love any advice on how to improve it since this is completely from scratch.
    Thanks. Will try it out. Sounds like a lot of fun.

I wish people in-game would broaden their knowledge of the English language, so they can spout some actual conversation instead of just "gg" and "noobs".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I wish people in-game would broaden their knowledge of the English language, so they can spout some actual conversation instead of just "gg" and "noobs".
    Oh yes, I agree.

I haven't seen Akali mid in a while. Remember that fad like 6-8 months ago? God that was awful.

Just buy Cass, there isn't much she is countered by and I have 0 problems against Akali mid with her.

Oh you shrouded? Yeah I'll just throw Miasma down in it, sup bro.

Catching up on MLG Anaheim.

Dat Doublelift. He is a bit of a twerp but those plays. DL put on a clinic in just about every game. The final game with TSM where DL was juking Chaox's buckshots and stealthing pass twisted advance with split second timing... good goddamn. Reflexes of a cat. That quadra on Corki, the double kill on Regi and then on Xpecial in the mid lane.

Phenomenal plays.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-06-13 at 07:39 PM.