Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    for EUW players

open launcher and write : thereisnourflevel ( there-is-no-urf-level easier to see what it is)

the server will open up and you will be able to press play

(currently a huge queue around 20k+ but takes around 3-5 min to get in
    If the server is down, as in, you're not supposed to go in. That won't work. No idea if that's what's happening atm or not though, so it won't always work.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Sooo.. is anyone else here on the east coast of Canada or US? I'm in New York and my ping is always around 90, but in the past few weeks its been at 110-120... so i'm wondering if anyone else here has increased ping lately.
    I'm from the Midwest and usually get about 70 ping, but I've been playing...erh..."playing" at ~250 the past few days. Definitely not the small jump you're seeing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    If the server is down, as in, you're not supposed to go in. That won't work. No idea if that's what's happening atm or not though, so it won't always work.
    most of the times the server itself isn't down (wasn't in this case) but just made unaviable until they know the problems are fixed and not to overload the servers or cause problems while doing so

10+ Year Old Account
    Swear Katarina is amazing. Maybe it's just me but outside of few mechanical things I have to work on in general, I'm pretty decent with her. She's easy to lane with, I've played against quite a few of her counters recently and they didn't do anything, it's just about movement and you have to know how to play her in lane. You wait till around level 4ish to start any real form of poke. I've played against two Kennen's and mauled them horribly. Played against a Malzahar and beat him for the most part. Opted out to play against Fizz since our top laner Kayle swapped and took on Fizz while I played against Kennen.

She's really good, yes you have to wait for CC to get used in team fights but that doesn't take long in solo queue to happen. Honestly quite surprised why she isn't played more and she is never banned... More power to me.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Sooo.. is anyone else here on the east coast of Canada or US? I'm in New York and my ping is always around 90, but in the past few weeks its been at 110-120... so i'm wondering if anyone else here has increased ping lately.
    I'm from middle from Russia and i have my ping increased from 70 to 150 when playing on EUNE in last two days. Actually, two days ago i couldn't normally play because i had ping spiking to 300 ms. Oh, and one fun thing, on RU server i have 100 ms ping (~200 now).

Kat has two big flaws: she is very vulnerable to CC, and she is not useful when not fed (at least 4 kills pre 11 level). Well, if enemy team has only one way to disrupt her ult, then you are free to pick her. But if enemy has at least two heroes with non-skillshot based CC, you won't do much for your team. I usually play mid Anivia, adc Quinn, top Rene, jungle Udyr and support Taric, i always have CC to deal with her, and i just keep it off CD 'till she uses her ult. Yes, she can wait for me to use it before ulting, but hey, by that time her team will die and it will be too late to use it. That's what''s lol about, you need to use your skill in right time and place, if you miss your chance, you either lose or disengage.

Well, bad players ignore it, and usually wait for enemy to "waste" CC on their team, and then run in. To just die. And do nothing, or kill 1 guy. I mean, jumping on 30% health Rene with ult up who just used his W (and others major CCs were used) after 4 seconds of teamfight and your adc, support and bruiser died won't make it, better be useful to your team than waiting in bushes to be an alone asshole whole just grabs kills after his team was wiped out.

Of course you need to be smart enough to understand that if your ult deals damage to 3 people around you, you don't need to always land it of 3 people in teamfight. If it's safe to use it on Irelia who jumped on your adc, you better use it instead of thinking "hey, i can deal damage to 3 people, why waste it on single target?" (and i've got such a response once from Kat who used nothing but her "jump" skill on Aatrox who attacked our Draven solo and killed him (all because she didn't wanted to "waste" it on "single target"))
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-09-30 at 02:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just called "sexpeke" for my daring nexus destruction with Katarina. I can do this all day LoL.

- - - Updated - - -

Also what the hell, suddenly I'm playing with or against decent Shaco's... Never have I seen this in my ELO.
    Hey everyone

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So I decided to start using Boots of Mobility while playing Support (as seen in all the pro games) and now I'm just wondering how the hell can anyone play Support properly without them?

They just make warding and getting around the map making plays so much easier. I guess I could understand Ninja-tabi on a Leona against a full AD team when your team is lacking a tank but... yeah.

I also deviated away from my "High Damage Support Zyra" and opted for a more tanky approach and it's working pretty damn well. I usually buy a Doran's Shield on the first back and try rushing Aegis/Locket after finishing the wardstone and philo. The Doran's Shield + 1/13/16 Masteries just make me so tanky in lane which enables me to make some ballsy plays and actually act as bait without the fear of getting instagibbed. The damage-difference is hardly noticeable but the difference in survivability is massive!
    My aim is to have both Locket and Shurleya as soon as we start hitting late-game... Having 2,8k health and 110 armor and 40% CDR really helps in teamfights since I can actually keep doing stuff through the fight instead of getting insta-gibbed whenever someone as much as breathes on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    So I decided to start using Boots of Mobility while playing Support (as seen in all the pro games) and now I'm just wondering how the hell can anyone play Support properly without them?

They just make warding and getting around the map making plays so much easier. I guess I could understand Ninja-tabi on a Leona against a full AD team when your team is lacking a tank but... yeah.

I also deviated away from my "High Damage Support Zyra" and opted for a more tanky approach and it's working pretty damn well. I usually buy a Doran's Shield on the first back and try rushing Aegis/Locket after finishing the wardstone and philo. The Doran's Shield + 1/13/16 Masteries just make me so tanky in lane which enables me to make some ballsy plays and actually act as bait without the fear of getting instagibbed. The damage-difference is hardly noticeable but the difference in survivability is massive!
    My aim is to have both Locket and Shurleya as soon as we start hitting late-game... Having 2,8k health and 110 armor and 40% CDR really helps in teamfights since I can actually keep doing stuff through the fight instead of getting insta-gibbed whenever someone as much as breathes on me.
    I just got homeguard mobi boots on Blitzcrank. 1000 MS with W up at the start of homeguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I just got homeguard mobi boots on Blitzcrank. 1000 MS with W up at the start of homeguard.
    I tried homeguards mobo blitzcrank with teleport once, most hilarious thing ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Swear Katarina is amazing. Maybe it's just me but outside of few mechanical things I have to work on in general, I'm pretty decent with her. She's easy to lane with, I've played against quite a few of her counters recently and they didn't do anything, it's just about movement and you have to know how to play her in lane. You wait till around level 4ish to start any real form of poke. I've played against two Kennen's and mauled them horribly. Played against a Malzahar and beat him for the most part. Opted out to play against Fizz since our top laner Kayle swapped and took on Fizz while I played against Kennen.

She's really good, yes you have to wait for CC to get used in team fights but that doesn't take long in solo queue to happen. Honestly quite surprised why she isn't played more and she is never banned... More power to me.
    Katarina is usually pretty fine against everyone, minus maybe against Galion, Fizz and Kassadin most of the time and obviously bruisers like J4 or Xin that go in lane.

Get a sightstone and gg, you'll never die in lane unless you get ganked or just engage way too often to poke. The only problem I found with her is if the other team is overall tanky, you're going to have a bad time late game because you won't be able to assassinate people, I mean, you will, but it will be hard to nuke them down with one combo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gildra View Post
    I tried homeguards mobo blitzcrank with teleport once, most hilarious thing ever.
    Homeguards on any champion with TP is hilarious, especially on Darius and Cho.

Deleted
    what is up with the community in this game i am pritty new to this game playing for 4-5 weeks now mainly at weekends. igot lvl 28 weekend after some xp boosts. I also bought a bundle. And nami was on offer so i got her the other week.

i was up against vayne and that nidalee i think it was. i was with draven any way i helped this shaco take blue. then some one pinged the mini map i went to look what it was some in vader at red and i looked back i accidently took blue buff my first time doing it.

my friend who plays darius takes it accidently all the time with bleed damage btw.

any way all we got was reported. this shaco then naver came bottom for a gank even though there was lots of oppertunity and we even called for it. me and the draven died about 6 times and we still got no help and all we got was reported troll bot.

after it ended i found out the draven was lvl 20 ish and the 2 we were with were both lvl 30 with 500ish wins.

i have a half filled rune book and not played against hslf the toons in the game. what did he expect to happen.

any way my point this game seems to be full of asshole who just say reported the second you die miss a skill shot.

Quote Originally Posted by zwiggy View Post
    what is up with the community in this game i am pritty new to this game playing for 4-5 weeks now mainly at weekends. igot lvl 28 weekend after some xp boosts. I also bought a bundle. And nami was on offer so i got her the other week.

i was up against vayne and that nidalee i think it was. i was with draven any way i helped this shaco take blue. then some one pinged the mini map i went to look what it was some in vader at red and i looked back i accidently took blue buff my first time doing it.

my friend who plays darius takes it accidently all the time with bleed damage btw.

any way all we got was reported. this shaco then naver came bottom for a gank even though there was lots of oppertunity and we even called for it. me and the draven died about 6 times and we still got no help and all we got was reported troll bot.

after it ended i found out the draven was lvl 20 ish and the 2 we were with were both lvl 30 with 500ish wins.

i have a half filled rune book and not played against hslf the toons in the game. what did he expect to happen.

any way my point this game seems to be full of asshole who just say reported the second you die miss a skill shot.
    The "report for unskilled" option is a placebo for nerdrage; it doesn't actually do anything, just makes them feel better if they lose and want to blame someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    The "report for unskilled" option is a placebo for nerdrage; it doesn't actually do anything, just makes them feel better if they lose and want to blame someone.
    It actually lowers the hidden elo for normal mode matchmaking.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Yeah, it actually "helps" the unskilled guy to get lower, to his skill level. I thought that it works for rankeds too, but after thinking about this, it would be too good to abuse.

I have an account on RU realm with a ~20 level, i love playing Mundo here, people are so reckless and go into baits.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Do you have any sources for this?

I always assumed this too but I never found anything about it, stating that at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yeah, it actually "helps" the unskilled guy to get lower, to his skill level. I thought that it works for rankeds too, but after thinking about this, it would be too good to abuse.
    If it's like that and works in ranked, then it would be really abused so I hope it doesn't work there assuming it does for other modes.

Do you have any sources for this?
    I always assumed this too but I never found anything about it, stating that at least.
    I've seen 2-3 red posts stating it. They're like a year old, if not more, though. So cba to try to find them again, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    Its worse. Bronzies at least know they are trash, D5 people are trash who think they know their shit
    Just wanted to say, as hopefully a soon ex-bronze, that bronzies do not know they're thrash, they think they're heroes and know their shit. I'm saying "they" because I full well realize I'm shit.

Which makes playing in my league so incredibly frustrating. And I heard it doesn't get better until late gold. And now you're here telling me it basically never gets better.

- - - Updated - - -

It does afaik, and I've used it but only to report actual players who just were.. really not meant to be in this game (think of a naut who was unsure how to move his character, let alone play it). I don't think I ever ragereported someone "unskilled", because in the end, my play is far from perfect and every game there's 200 things I could have done better myself. My most used report has got to be abuse/harass and afk.

Furthermore, I've actually asked in those few reports I made that my MMR be lowered too, as I felt I was constantly being matched with players way above me (which was because I played with my friends who actually are gold/plat and yeah, we won, a lot, but I just got carried basically). This was pre-30. After that, I consistently met players as shit as myself, so I always believed it did SOMETHING.

..Yes, I reported myself for 'unskilled'. Lol.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-09-30 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Katarina is usually pretty fine against everyone, minus maybe against Galion, Fizz and Kassadin most of the time and obviously bruisers like J4 or Xin that go in lane.

Get a sightstone and gg, you'll never die in lane unless you get ganked or just engage way too often to poke. The only problem I found with her is if the other team is overall tanky, you're going to have a bad time late game because you won't be able to assassinate people, I mean, you will, but it will be hard to nuke them down with one combo.
    I thought about sighstone but just opted to buy two wards instead. I want to be more assassin-like faster and late game wise, you can assassinate an ADC pretty easily or depending on the support you destroy the support pretty easily.

I really enjoy her, she's fun and now that I remember Galio is a bitch to lane against as her, I had to do that and we were even but he was technically winning the lane because I had to sit at tower for the most part farming.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiggy View Post

Story...
    You leveled really quickly with the experience boosts which means you don't have as many games under your belt as most players at that level. It may have been a better option to level slowly while playing more games and getting more experience. Personally I have been playing a few games here and there for months and I usually do okay, but I'm only level 22.

Also queuing for ARAM (although a drastically different type of game) can let you experience a better side of the community because 3/4 of the people there don't give a ****. Personally I have met lets of people in ARAM that have friended me and we have queued for normals at later points. Then we can use online voice communication programs and have good communication and when you are playing with friends they can forgive your mistakes.

Also have a couple veterans that I know (both low gold) and they have been queuing with me and trying to help me become a better player. You just kinda have to grow a thick skin in some games though. We once queued with 4 people and our fifth was raging the whole game about how badly we all sucked and that we needed to learn to play and we made fun of his nerd rage the whole game. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a winstreak of 6 in soloq. We finally got it back to silver 1 in 3v3 today, and today i've got a golden jaraxus in hearthstone. I think i need to buy a lotery ticket.