Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Punk View Post
    I have been playing ADC non stop for a couple days. I tried full AD builds with last whisper and they are crap to say the least.
    With crit runes, infinity edge and a phantom dancer (only 2 items) you have 75% crit chance.

Why build infinity edge if you dont want to crit for 250% damage?
    If no one wanted to crit then everybody would rush BloodThirster instead of Infinity Edge (both have 80 AD).

So far it is working for me and i dont see myself changing my 20% crit chance runes in the near future.

EDIT: Vayne is overpowered, her item builds in a normal ADC do shit damage.
    Runes are generally EARLY game boosts, NOT full build boosts. And sorry, but if an ADC with a full build WITHOUT 20% CDR runes does no damage, then you simply suck balls at playing ADC. Simple. BT/BotrK, IE, LW, Shiv/PD is loads of damage on any conventional ADC. Your 20% runes aren't magically making it better. Especially not since your build would take 20 minutes longer to build simply because you have ZERO early game power. Sure you might get a magical double crit once every 400 tries that wins you a trade, in pretyt much any other scenario you won't and their adc simply laughs at you.

And you build IE, because 1. It gives you tons of AD, and 2. Loads of crit power. Why? Because again, a conventional build WITHOUT CRIT runes gives you enough crit. Simple. You having 20% crit early game does not mean you WILL crit 1 time every 5 attacks.

But hey, apparently you're a pro since you played ADC a few times. Have fun where it works. Come back when people have no problem whatsoever dealing with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Runes are generally EARLY game boosts, NOT full build boosts.
    All im losing is 15 AD in my laning phase, no big deal for me, i can still last hit with less 15 AD.

I'm playing for my Infinity Edge with 40% crit, that shit is overpowered and funny as hell to see me criting like crazy so much early game.

Seriously, i'm addicted to this runes xD

EDIT: In your opinion what runes should i use? Just to know what i am losing
    Last edited by mmocb564611563; 2015-08-27 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My table's could be a bit out of date, but below is the list of the top few rune's gold value, with bolded what I commonly take (I'm Silver 4, so games commonly run the distance):

Red:
    *Scaling AD: 87.5G/rune (better than AS at level 11+)
    *AS: 51G/rune
    *Crit Chance: 46.5G/rune

Yellow:
    (*Scaling HP5: 204G/rune on average)
    (*Scaling MP5: 124G/rune on average)
    *Scaling HP: 64G/rune
    *Scaling Armor: 60G/rune
    (*HP5: 57G/rune on average)
    (*MP5: 42G/rune on average)

Blue:
    *Scaling AP: 66.5G/rune
    *Scaling MR: 60G/rune
    *Scaling CDR: 52.8G/rune

Quint:
    *MS: 192.5G/rune
    *Scaling CDR: 158G/rune
    *AP: 107G/rune

My rune pages (where there is CDR, it's to match my masteries):
    AP Support: Armor Red, Scaling Armor Yellow, Scaling MR Blue, MS Quint
    Non-AP Support: As above, but one Scaling CDR quint instead of MS
    Top Tank: As AP support, but AS Reds
    Jungle Tank: As above, but with one CritChance Red
    Mana AP Mid: MPen reds, MP5 yellows, seven scaling MR blues, a CDR blue and a scaling CDR blue, two AP quints and a scaling CDR quint
    Manaless AP Mid: As above, but with scaling Armor yellows and full scaling MR blues
    ADCAD: Scaling AD reds, Scaling Armor yellows, Scaling MR blues and MS quints
    ADCAS: As above but with AS reds
    Melee AP Jungle: AS reds, Armor yellows, seven scaling AP blues, a CDR blue and a scaling CDR blue, MS quints
    Melee AD Jungle: AS reds (with one crit red), Armor yellows, scaling MR blues, lifesteal quints

But hey, apparently you're a pro since you played ADC a few times. Have fun where it works. Come back when people have no problem whatsoever dealing with you.
    Some things never change...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    9mr at level 18
    8.5 AD
    15% attack speed (having the quints is crucial, anything else is a bonus)
    11 armor

a lot of people also skip the 9mr/level 18, which means you get up to 19% attack speed. personally i have 3 as blues with rest being mr/level in my "standard" adc page, just in case they have a kat or something stacking mpen.
    some people also prefer hp instead of armor but it's w/e, not a big deal in either case.
    you can also go for straight mr instead of mr/level but unless it's a high damage support its not really a big deal.

generally speaking you nearly never want scaling runes unless it's a source of damage you will not encounter for a long period in the game (aka mr/level if you're playing against a physical based champion+physical based jungler and can't use anything better on blue slots) or some rare edge cases like scaling cdr (cdr is mostly worthless at low level since you don't have the mana to really use it anyway, and cdr rarely helps in laning trades because spells don't have the time to come back up anyway)
    Last edited by mmocf2aa074f10; 2015-08-28 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    My table's could be a bit out of date, but below is the list of the top few rune's gold value, with bolded what I commonly take (I'm Silver 4, so games commonly run the distance):

Red:
    *Scaling AD: 87.5G/rune (better than AS at level 11+).
    That is a *really* bad idea. You want the AD most when you're out in lane with only a Doran's blade to your name. If you still can't last hit by the time you have a BF Sword, you have bigger problems than minor scaling.

Additionally, scaling AD fucks over your last hitting threshold as it is far easier to get used to a single static point of execution, meaning your muscle memory is far more effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    That is a *really* bad idea.
    It's not an idea; it's gold efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Additionally, scaling AD fucks over your last hitting threshold
    It's an extra 1.17AD per level, which is between 20% and 50% more AD/level; levelling up has a greater effect on your last hitting threshold than these runes do (unless you're Thresh).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Most of my rune pages are built for a champion or two that work well with it. Ex. I have one each specifically for Hecarim top and jungle (dunno why I still have the top one, never play him there anymore), Nasus, Udyr, Diana, Taric and Kayle, with the rest being all-around AD Top, Tank Top, AP Mid/Support, and AD pages. Masteries, I have one page for a specific champion each. Some of them work well with other champions (ex. Jax and Vi use the Udyr page pretty well), but my champion pool is fairly limited anyways, mostly to top laners and junglers, with me being able to play a staggering 3 mids (Syndra, Malzahar, and Veigar) and 1 ADC (Draaaaaaven).

For the ADC page (which can be used with any ADC pretty well), I use 3 AD Quints, 9 AD Marks, 9 Armor Seals, and 9 MR Glyphs. I do notice a lot of pros (using probuilds.net is a good way to find rune pages for specific or general champions) have AS runes instead of full AD, but I'm bad and needed help last hitting when I started (and Draven gets a ton of AS from his W anyways). Pretty good runes for any situation, with all ADCs being AD-based and most supports being AP-based, Like the others said, Runes are for early game - Masteries are the things that effect mid-to-late game power most, IMO (notable examples for an ADC being Havoc, Warlord, Devastating Strikes, etc).

As I said above, I'm bad and could very well be wrong on any or all points. Feel free to correct me if I am, would be more than happy to (attempt to) fix my ADC skills (or lack thereof).

15+ Year Old Account
    You guys all have way too many rune pages IMO.

I have one that's like:

8 MPen, 26 AP, 9 Armor

and another that's:
    9 Armor, scaling MR in blues, rest AD (like 20-25ish I think?)

All you need for 99% of champions/roles.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

7+ Year Old Account
    Whats the most faceroll champ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

I have one that's like:

8 MPen, 26 AP, 9 Armor

and another that's:

But what about IAS runes for jungling and MS runes for supporting? You seem to miss out a lot of convenient stats for these roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Lee Sin
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account

I have one that's like:

8 MPen, 26 AP, 9 Armor

and another that's:

I have 2 champion specific ones, though I suppose you could use one for Kennen as well. Other than that, it's mostly nit picking. Straight AD vs AD + Atk speed quints, etc.

Deleted

I have one that's like:

8 MPen, 26 AP, 9 Armor

and another that's:

The question is, How the fuck are you playing with only two rune pages?

I have 17 Rune pages. Most are used frequently. I have one page I use to test shit with. Others are champion specific rune pages. For example an Armor Pen page for J4 top. Or a Tahm Kench support page where I take AS Marks for some fast stacks.

*snip
    The other posters are right though. The ADC builds you see (IE first) are quite standard and are proven to be the optimal build paths for most ADC. There are of course outliers who build a BoRK first. I don't know on which level you are playing but you are relying on luck to win trades/lane. If the opossing bot lane actually knows what hell they are doing then they will fuck you over in lane.

Edit: You do build IE first. Somehow I missed that. But anyhow, if you face a competent bot lane they will fuck you over. Relying on crits alone in the early game is a great way to get yourself baited in. It can also be satisfying to get that surprise crit, I get that. Overall you will lose trading power in the long run.
    Last edited by mmoca91367db85; 2015-08-28 at 09:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of proper single player mode to test stuff kills all my incentive to actually work towards making any champion-specific rune sets
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

By going 20% crit you are losing so much AD for early game harass..

My AD rune page is like this:
    AD red
    Armor yellow
    Attack Speed Quints
    Scaling MR blue (sometimes non-scaling if I am facing a mage 'support' like Annie or Karma)

How on earth can you live with two rune pages? O.o I got 10, and wish I had money to buy 20 more. There is so many different builds you can go for so many champions!

To sum things up on what I got so far:
    ADC page
    AP Attack Speed (Diana etc)
    AP vs AD (no mr runes, more AP!)
    AP with MR
    Tank support
    AP Support
    AD Attackspeed (for Trynda)
    Jungle AD
    Jungle AP
    And one for testing.

And so many times I change them up, if I want to try new champions. Like when I played a lot of GP after the rework I had to make my self a crit page! And so forth. Sucks that Rune pages are so expensive..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    But what about IAS runes for jungling and MS runes for supporting? You seem to miss out a lot of convenient stats for these roles.

Lee Sin
    Lee Sin got a high skill roof though, so not that faceroll. Pick Yi jungle! Get your sated and watch as you nuke stuff down. He also got a skill roof, where you learn to dodge important stuff with your Q, and reset AA with W. Go watch that korean cow something, he is wonderful to watch when he plays Yi! Cowsep? merh, the name escaped my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL is too fast paced to dodge many things with Yi Q (with exception of, probably, max range slow skillshots), it's more about prediction, and predictions sometimes may be wrong. And it's double edged sword - you just avoided something, but you are about to eat bunch of more, because enemies know where you will appear in next second. I've got so used to it as Veigar that every single time Yi uses Q on me he gets stunned and bursted down

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    LoL is too fast paced to dodge many things with Yi Q (with exception of, probably, max range slow skillshots), it's more about prediction, and predictions sometimes may be wrong. And it's double edged sword - you just avoided something, but you are about to eat bunch of more, because enemies know where you will appear in next second. I've got so used to it as Veigar that every single time Yi uses Q on me he gets stunned and bursted down
    Of course there is a lot of things to dodge, just search up this Cowsep or what he is called. Even if you predict something, you still dodge it..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    All im losing is 15 AD in my laning phase, no big deal for me, i can still last hit with less 15 AD.

I'm playing for my Infinity Edge with 40% crit, that shit is overpowered and funny as hell to see me criting like crazy so much early game.

Seriously, i'm addicted to this runes xD

More like 8.5 AD and 14% attack speed, which you quite clearly underestimate. These stats apply 100% of the time, your crit could win, but has more chances of being useless since it's random. Not to mention the extras like harassing safely and easier farming ...

And as most have said. AD reds, armor yellows, MR blues and Attack Speed quints. That's what pretty much any ADC'er uses. For a reason.

The most faceroll champ is the one you enjoy the most and like thematically. You will always do better playing something you enjoy, instead of something that's currently OP or Meta. For me, that's Nocturne.
    RETH

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    The most faceroll champ is the one you enjoy the most and like thematically. You will always do better playing something you enjoy, instead of something that's currently OP or Meta. For me, that's Nocturne.
    ^ The best champions have like a 56% win rate, and those are the ones usually getting nerfed - more often than not - that slight advantage is more often due to a current meta in popular ideology: ex. a tank counter in a tank meta. While some champions are genuinely underpowered, overwhelmingly it only matters what you are a natural with - not whatever is IMBA at the time.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Fizz/Riven for their obnoxity.

- - - Updated - - -

AD reds, armor yellows, MR blues and Attack Speed quints.
    I don't like AS quints as they're not Primary.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)