Thread: To much haste?

To much haste?

Ok so I've recently changed out some gear pieces and reforged some gear and I'm now sitting at 15.01% haste before IMP SS procs, now my question is...do I have to much haste for my own good? Should I switch up some haste for some Mastery?

Armory Link - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kyote/advanced

INB4 GO TO ELITESTJERKS NOOB I'm not looking for those kind of remarks ill say it now..
    Last edited by Ezio Auditore Da Firenze; 2011-06-05 at 01:59 AM.
    "Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace."
    ~Ezio Auditore Da Firenze
    "Killing you won't bring my family back. I'm done. Nulla e reale; tutto e lecito. Requiescat in pace."

You have too much haste as you've sacrificed crit for haste. You have 4set, I'd suggest getting Chimera shot glyph and putting your haste around 1347 so you can cast 4 steady's and 3 globals in between chimera's. Or if you don't want the glyph I'd probably reforge out of all haste for crit/mastery as you can't reach the next haste plateu.
    Last edited by Sharissa; 2011-06-05 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharissa View Post
    You have too much haste as you've sacrificed crit for haste. You have 4set, I'd suggest getting Chimera shot glyph and putting your haste around 1347 so you can cast 4 steady's and 3 globals in between chimera's.
    I see a flaw in your logic because I'm not sacrificing any crit for any haste? If you feel I am why not show me where
    "Killing you won't bring my family back. I'm done. Nulla e reale; tutto e lecito. Requiescat in pace."

Go to wowreforge.com and see for yourself.

I got crit on every piece of gear and if its not its been reforged into crit so im not sacrificing any crit

WHU has a great write up about haste plateaus for each spec.

Make sure you add enough haste to counteract any latency you have (500ms latency = .5 sec delay)

You are sacrificing crit. Just because you haven't reforged out of doesn't mean you've reforged INTO it on each possible piece of gear. IE Hornet String Band AND a major one... Fluid Death

@Sharissa:

He is about 30 haste points above MM hard haste plataeu #2, which is 4 SS, 3 Arc, 1 Chi per Chi CD. He is fine.

He has 3/3 pathing. The 1486 haste plateu is for 2/3 pathing WITH chimera shot glyph which he doesn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio Auditore Da Firenze View Post
    INB4 GO TO ELITESTJERKS NOOB I'm not looking for those kind of remarks ill say it now..
    Or what? You'll stop posting? Why don't you join the other thread asking about haste started a day or two ago and chime in there? Seems like all people do is read other threads and then make a new thread about the same topic /endvicouscycle

The point of haste is to get to a certain rotation. If you can hit the next plateau you should try to reforge into haste. If you cannot, then reforge for crit/mastery. I'm still testing things but to help with my testing I read the threads on EJ, look at some of the suggested values, decide on which rotation/focus dump I want to persue and work from there. Spend some time reforging and raiding with different setups as most sims suck at calculating haste.

In short: if you're asking that type of question you should probably stick to the generally accepted 10.52% haste and arcane shot dump and be on your merry way until someone else feeds you better information...or you know, read up on theorycrafting like the actual hunters do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjamoo View Post
    .or you know, read up on theorycrafting like the actual hunters do.
    because me not reading elitestjerks posts make you a better hunter than me right?
    Oh I'm sorry I forgot about that..Ill go right now and drool over what they are telling me to do over asking for my own advice from other people

Ok so I've recently changed out some gear pieces and reforged some gear and I'm now sitting at 15.01% haste before IMP SS procs, now my question is...do I have to much haste for my own good? Should I switch up some haste for some Mastery?

Armory Link - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kyote/advanced

As it's been said before -- You have too much haste. While I'm not saying go there, Elitist Jerks points out the below:

1.50s SS cast time: requires 5.4% haste from gear and Pathing and saves 2 GCDs per CS cycle
    1.25s SS cast time: requires 26.5% haste from gear and Pathing and saves 3 GCDs per CS cycle
    1.00s SS cast time: requires 58.1% haste from gear and Pathing and saves 4 GCDs per CS cycle
    So with that said you'll want at least 5.4% haste from your gear and Pathing (should say at least 8.4%) in the tooltip window. You'll want slightly more haste to account for the latency so I would say somewhere around 8.75-9% would suffice as we did that for a friend of mine and seems to work well. What this will do is give you a 1.5s SS with the Improved Steady Shot buff + 10% Attack Speed from Shaman/DK/Survival Hunter.

As for the "your sacrificing crit", I looked at your profile and it's not exactly that. For a Marksman Hunter you'll want 8% hit of course followed by every piece having or reforged crit. Below is a guide of the stats in order

Hit -> Crit -> Haste 5.4% + Pathing -> Mastery -> Haste (past soft cap)

Always reforge hit first if over, followed by haste, next forge mastery, but never reforge crit unless needed for hit cap.

Here is a reforge of your current gear (based on femaledwarf and haste soft cap):

http://wowreforge.com/US/Black%20Dra...&parry=0&spi=0

This will get you 6.9% haste + 3% pathing for 9.9% due to the amount of base haste you have on your gear and all can't be reforged. It will also bump your crit from 1756 rating to 1936 and your mastery from 670 to 1102 which you should notice a difference in dps.

As a suggestion and if possible (as I know you will have others to compete against in your raids) try swapping out some crit + haste pieces for crit + mastery or possibly one piece of crit + haste for crit+hit. This will be the trickier part as gear choices isn't the easiest to come by with RNG + others needing gear as well.

Wanted to mention that according to Elitist Jerks current gear levels hunters are unable to achieve 26.5% or higher haste on gear and you are better off going the 5.4% route as anything higher could cause a dps loss instead if you went a different route.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2011-06-05 at 02:44 AM.

because me not reading elitestjerks posts make you a better hunter than me right?
    Oh I'm sorry I forgot about that..Ill go right now and drool over what they are telling me to do over asking for my own advice from other people
    mmm.... I don't like EJ... they're jerks... but you know that they keep a tight lid on their numbers. You can rely on the math to be pretty accurate. So over there, you have a community of mathematicians and theorycrafters at work to give you precise math yet you prefer to come to mmo-champion forums and ask for the advice of random people who could tell you to reforge for expertise instead of actually taking the math EJ provides for you and trying it out yourself?

80% of Hunters are Huntards.
    65% of Hunters look at the EJ math and blindly take that info to be the only way to play.
    40% of Hunters gem for stength.
    1% of my percentages may or may not be accurate.

I'm just saying stop asking the same questions over and over again and actually do some research before posting. IMO not too much to ask for but now adays people like you wan to be spoon fed when you have ALL the information and more right there on your computer. All you need to do is read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjamoo View Post
    mmm.... I don't like EJ... they're jerks... but you know that they keep a tight lid on their numbers. You can rely on the math to be pretty accurate. So over there, you have a community of mathematicians and theorycrafters at work to give you precise math yet you prefer to come to mmo-champion forums and ask for the advice of random people who could tell you to reforge for expertise instead of actually taking the math EJ provides for you and trying it out yourself?

80% of Hunters are Huntards.
    65% of Hunters look at the EJ math and blindly take that info to be the only way to play.
    40% of Hunters gem for stength.
    1% of my percentages may or may not be accurate.

I'm just saying stop asking the same questions over and over again and actually do some research before posting. IMO not too much to ask for but now adays people like you wan to be spoon fed when you have ALL the information and more right there on your computer. All you need to do is read it!

I love you. You made me laugh. I enjoy laughing.

OT: Words words words! The master wants MURDER(haste)!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    As it's been said before -- You have too much haste. While I'm not saying go there, Elitist Jerks points out the below:

So with that said you'll want at least 5.4% haste from your gear and Pathing (should say at least 8.4%) in the tooltip window. You'll want slightly more haste to account for the latency so I would say somewhere around 8.75-9% would suffice as we did that for a friend of mine and seems to work well. What this will do is give you a 1.5s SS with the Improved Steady Shot buff + 10% Attack Speed from Shaman/DK/Survival Hunter.

As for the "your sacrificing crit", I looked at your profile and it's not exactly that. For a Marksman Hunter you'll want 8% hit of course followed by every piece having or reforged crit. Below is a guide of the stats in order

Hit -> Crit -> Haste 5.4% + Pathing -> Mastery -> Haste (past soft cap)

Always reforge hit first if over, followed by haste, next forge mastery, but never reforge crit unless needed for hit cap.

Here is a reforge of your current gear (based on femaledwarf and haste soft cap):

http://wowreforge.com/US/Black%20Dra...&parry=0&spi=0

This will get you 6.9% haste + 3% pathing for 9.9% due to the amount of base haste you have on your gear and all can't be reforged. It will also bump your crit from 1756 rating to 1936 and your mastery from 670 to 1102 which you should notice a difference in dps.

As a suggestion and if possible (as I know you will have others to compete against in your raids) try swapping out some crit + haste pieces for crit + mastery or possibly one piece of crit + haste for crit+hit. This will be the trickier part as gear choices isn't the easiest to come by with RNG + others needing gear as well.

Wanted to mention that according to Elitist Jerks current gear levels hunters are unable to achieve 26.5% or higher haste on gear and you are better off going the 5.4% route as anything higher could cause a dps loss instead if you went a different route.
    Isn't there also that part about achieving 1.25 SS cast time with 4P-T11? I think that's what he's trying to get at.

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Isn't there also that part about achieving 1.25 SS cast time with 4P-T11? I think that's what he's trying to get at.
    Good point and to be honest 4 pc T11 completely slipped my mind as a lot of the bonus I forget for the most part unless it's something special then I have an aura set for it.

For 4 PC T11 haste values would be roughly this below:

1.25s SS cast time: requires 13.8% haste from gear and Pathing and saves 3 GCDs per CS cycle
    1.00s SS cast time: requires 42.3% haste from gear and Pathing and saves 4 GCDs per CS cycle

From the above data, an MM hunter can reasonably acquire enough haste from gear to gain a third GCD in the CS cycle; however, that additional haste may not be desirable to acquire. Furthermore, one of the extra GCDs probably need to be an SS anyway to balance focus, which would require even more haste to fit in.
    With that said it's been pointed out that using SS/AS/CS for Glyphs and going with 10.52% haste would work out better. Due to from what I've gathered if you were to go with the 13.8% haste that it would be a rather tight rotation and not really any room for error. This is all unless you get more haste, which could potentially lower your dps from what you could have.

Granted even with all the above you could try both method's out and see what works best for you as a lot of it is based on your preference, what feels comfortable, and how quick you are at reacting to different mechanics.

I'm wondering though if the OP is just lazy - seeing as his shoulder enchant isn't maxxed neither is his LW thus missing around 100 odd agi
    Dafft - Scout - DAoC
    Dafft - Shadow Warrior - Warhammer
    Dafft - Hunter - WoW