Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Debuff Addon (That show's only certain/your debuffs)

Does anyone know of an addon that will show only things you ask it to like your dots and no one elses like rend/serpent sting/thunderclap etc you get the point.

thanks in advance!

---------- Post added 2011-06-05 at 09:18 AM ----------

so no one knows an addon like this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    Does anyone know of an addon that will show only things you ask it to like your dots and no one elses like rend/serpent sting/thunderclap etc you get the point.

thanks in advance!

---------- Post added 2011-06-05 at 09:18 AM ----------

so no one knows an addon like this?

I use "needtoknow" which you can download on curse.
    You deside which you wanna keep track on, and it can show your internal cd's aswell.
    Great addon imo

I mean an addon that shows just your spells on a target for example:

Im in a 25 man raid as a shadow priest and I have my 3 dots up and theres everyone elses dots/debuffs, is there an addon that can filter out everyone elses and just show my 3 dots on that target, not an addon with timers on the side lol.
    Last edited by Roosky; 2011-06-05 at 09:57 AM.

Deleted
    Then you should prob use Xperl unit frames, there you can make your own dots bigger than the others.
    Havent seen any addon which ONLY shows your debuffs as icons on the boss.
    Sorry just trying to help..

You could also use Class timers ^^

Deleted
    Id use either needtoknow or raven im using both

u can use SatrinaBuffFrame or for example Shadow Priests i really like ForteXorcist
    both available at curse

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most buff handling addons like raven or satrina you can set up filters and/or white/blacklists in.

but i think classtimer or fortexorcist does what you are looking for. (just a note, raven can do the same thing as well, if you want to minimize the number of addons you use.)

Deleted
    On my SP I just picked up mfClip.
    Originally for clipping mind flay it now shows all 3 dots, fully customisable, easy to read.
    Also shows when it ticks over for optimal refreshing

Can be found at curse also.

Forte xcorcist.

Amazingly configurable but damn good straight out of the box

probably the best dot timer around atm

I'd recommend Raven over SatrinaBuffFrame, only because the latter is no longer being updated regularly and may have issues in the future.

At least, that was the status last I checked. SBF was a great addon, but if it won't be updated it's prudent to look elsewhere.

Edit: Forte and NeedToKnow are both amazing addons as well. I use both for different characters, depending on how much/little I want. I find needtoknow better when I just want to track one or two things, like simple dots or cooldowns, and I find Forte better when what I want to track might not always be in the same place or the same thing (for instance, I prefer forte on my holy paladin, because it automatically picks up beacon of light no matter who I cast it on, though the longer duration it has makes that less relevant. I first started using Forte for holy paladin back in Wrath, when I was regularly tracking both SS and BoL).
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2011-06-05 at 10:28 AM.

SexyCooldown - you can set your cooldown bar to be just above or below your target unit frame and can configure it to show exactly what you want.

Maybe you already tested some of the others, but I just use Quartz for that if you haven't gotten it your way yet. It will only show your buffs on friendly targets and your debuffs on enemies. And you choose where you want them to be and if the bar grows up or down, and it's real easy to see and keep track of stuff you should keep up. Atm I use it for all my chars, which are 9 different ones on various levels, so it's pretty versatile

Ahh also it's a cast bar ofc, which is it's main purpose, but it just works great for the debuff tracking aswell

quartz is win

Thanks for the replies, some sound like im looking for a buff timer im just looking to get rid of other class dots/buffs so that only mine show up on the target, I use quartz but not for this going to check it out now.

Deleted

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...line-aura.aspx - will show how long your stuff has left on the target inside your spells. Which I find quite handy.

i use SarinaBuffFrame, it can track almost everything...
    takes some time to sett up tho, but its easy to set up.

Hello!

Your problem is a tricky problem, one that I had put lots of thought into recently as well. I guess
    you - like me - prefer display of Debuffs as "icons" - opposed to displaying them as bars like Forte
    does.

The principial answer is "Debuff Filtering". Several addons support principial debuff filtering, for
    example Shadowed Unit Frames or XPearl. You define a "Whitelist" or a "Blacklist". The problem:

Whitelist: You need to add every boss buff/debuff you want to see into the list -> bad
    blacklist: This list gets really HUGE

Some options:

"Aura Frames": With this nice addon you can specify like "Display all Buffs/Debuffs which are not in this list" (or alternatively "which are in this list"). It does not even matter who cast the debuff (though of course you can set it up that only your own debuffs/buffs are shown like:

If Debuff is not in list and not cast by me
    or
    if Debuff is in second list and cast by me

This way you could for example (example for a mage) display only your own Living Bomb, but
    also other people's Critical Mass.

"Raven": Can do the same, but less powerful filter definitions. Instead of logic conditions just "Blacklist" or "Whitelist". Also supports sounds when a Debuff runs out (optional). Similar is
    WymBuffs, though this is less powerful in the settings than Raven. Raven also supports appearently some way of adding a bar for certain buffs which should be clicked away in combat
    (you need to specify which buffs in advance). The problem is that addons like "Aura Frames" or
    "Raven" disable clicking away buffs in combat.

Additionally interesting:

DotTracker displays a pop up if one of your dots is running out. Might be interesting to install
    additionally.

As to where I got my data for my huge blacklist (I explained above why a whitelist is not so good):
    I just did a worldoflogs of some 25 man raids and looked into what buffs/debuffs are interesting for me.

Ah, some of those addons (I think it was Raven, could also be that Aura Frames can do this, not
    sure right now, not at home at the moment) also specify something like that certain ranges of
    debuffs are disabled - usually stuff from the Raid Buffs.

Sadly neither Aura Frames nor Raven nor WymBuffs have the "display bigger" option of Shadowed Unit Frames. But with the powerful conditions probably you do not need this.
    You also can configure Aura Frames (which is the one I use myselves) to display your
    own Debuffs always "on front" (my own on front, and as secondary sort condition the time
    the debuff is still running for example - you need to enter expert mode in the configuration
    for this).

Myselves I consider a parallel installation of Raven for the "click-off" support, though (but only for this, still using my icons with Aura Frames). For the Sound Support which is lacking in Aura Frames I currently use a parallel installed WymBuffs. But I consider moving this to a setting
    using Power Auras.

Ah, and if you want to download "Aura Frames", do not confuse it with "Aptus Aura Frames".
    These are two different addons.

There is a feature in Tukui that grey's out other spells on your target and only colours yours, so your dots will be coloured but any other dots etc will be greyed out, thats sort of what im looking for but ive been told its in with the whole tukui/elvui package but I just want that single type of addon without downloading unitframes.