Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    If people dont die, then healers did a good job.
    This. Also, druids pretty much have 100% healing uptime. There's ALWAYS something being cast, something ticking, etc. So it makes you seem like you're healing "more" when really, I'd bet most of it is going to over-heals.

Not to mention disc priests "heal" a great deal through absorbs. Check healing and absorbs next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojow View Post
    EDIT : All the people saying omg disc priest u didnt count aborb
    yes he did...absorb is included in hps these days pay alittle attention before u post
    Um... he did not say where he got his info from.
    So what makes you so certain it is included?

link overhealing plz

if your top two heals are rejuv and wild growth (by a wide margin i mean) then yes.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    New versions of recount include absorbs. Old versions of recount won't run without a million errors. Skada has included absorbs for longer than recount has. It seems unlikely that anyone runs meters that don't include absorbs these days. Also I'm pretty sure no decent meter the last two expansions included overhealing in "healing done".

However, "winning" the meter doesn't automatically mean you are a good healer. If you ignored your assignment in order to snipe and get higher on the meter, you're doing something wrong. If you have to snipe in order to save lives as the other healers are too slow, then they are doing something wrong. If you're raidhealing and the other healers are tankhealing, of course you're healing more than they do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn people, I don't know about a single meter that doesn't count healing+absorbs nowadays. Stop parroting outdated things. Anyone below 8K on a boss looks really bad. Or you are outgearing the boss and don't need 3 healers (which is surely not the case with Nef).
    Last edited by Zka; 2011-06-06 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lyok0929 View Post
    I've been healing nefarian this week.
    I did 13k hps. The disc priest did 6k. The holy pally did 8k.
    Am I good or are others bad?
    These numbers are amazing. How did you get the boss down? In my experience, you need 35-40k hps to down the fight. So probably the disc healed 16k and you got the numbers confused?
    13k hps is pretty low for a resto druid on Nef, no matter what the other healers do. Here is a parse of me doing 15k with the other healers doing 11k each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojow View Post
    i did more dmg then the other tank as tank
    am i good or are the others bad?
    ontopic : they bad

EDIT : All the people saying omg disc priest u didnt count aborb
    yes he did...absorb is included in hps these days pay alittle attention before u post
    Erm.. Not necessarily. It depends on how updated the mod is, and which mod he was using.

I know of both Skada and Recount being fussy for a month or so. Skada STILL didn't track absorbs when I got rid of it about 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by Eggwolls; 2011-06-06 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    Just from reading the title:
    Yes you are marvellous, the others are just that bad, but don't blame them for fading in your shining light.

Seriously on topic:
    -need to include absorbs
    -meterwhoring is the wrong way to go for healers in cata, efficiency is the key
    -maybe there was a lot of grp damage that you very efficiently healed without overhealing, while the tank-healers pumped all their mana in keeping tanks alive
    -to have a conclusion, there's to little information here.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

I've been healing Ascendants council this week.
    I did 51% healing. Other healers, in total, did 43% or something.
    <Insert question here>
    You must be retarded thinkin' you're pro, the first lack here is that the discs priest *healing* comes from absorb, preshielding everyone. The holy paladin seemed to be a litle bit of a lack.

Second you're a restoration druid, I mean c'mon.. a area of effect event. wild growth alone gives you a 7k hps if not more...

On Neferian - one healer was probably running around with tank during p3.
    You had one healer on each platform during p2.

In both cases you were more than 40y away from other healers ( all the time at p2, most of the time in case of kiter healer on p3).
    At more than 40y meters tend to not register healing/damage output from other players that are so far(recount has problems for sure).
    So unless you are talking about what WoL shows after the boss went down, difference you mention is artificial.

Not to mention that comparing tank healer output to raid healer output is ridiculous.

OP might be a decent resto druid, but overall do not know much about healing (and for example shouldn't be leading healer squad during raid).

TL;DR: In-game meters don't matter, hps meters don't matter at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehtnalav View Post
    In both cases you were more than 40y away from other healers ( all the time at p2, most of the time in case of kiter healer on p3).
    At more than 40y meters tend to not register healing/damage output from other players that are so far(recount has problems for sure).
    Too bad that the correct range is 200y. Basically only Conclave of Wind has a range problem on charts, nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefaux View Post
    Um... he did not say where he got his info from.
    So what makes you so certain it is included?
    as blood dk i heal 3.5khps i dont belive any raid will let a healer in who does 6k hps even as disc who absorbs most of it since 1 hit and shield is gone

Quote Originally Posted by molodirazz View Post
    a disc priest <.< with 6k he probably did more then you you just only checked healing d:
    absorbs are not, nor should they ever be confused for heals. The only reason recount does this "estimated" bs is so disc priest epeens aren't hurt. Healing is reactive, absorbs are pro-active, there's a big difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by QQmoore View Post
    The only reason recount does this "estimated" bs is so disc priest epeens aren't hurt.
    that's why I use Skada.

Deleted

I've been healing Ascendants council this week.
    I did 51% healing. Other healers, in total, did 43% or something.
    <Insert question here>
    are you expecting a "Wooooooot 51%? you are a genius!" kind of reaction?

ask yourself the two following things ? did you kill nef? if yes the three healers are OK.
    would you use your mana to heal a raid wich is almost over 66% health if you know the WG of your mate will do the job in time?

despite of those elements I have to tell that the disci sucks. 6K on nefa... with the most prioritary heal mechanic (absorb)!!! yeah he was slacking^^

OP most likely only looked on healing done instead of healing and absorbs line which would change both disc and the pally healing.
    also, if you look at hps and you want to judge your/someone else healing on hps then you are .......
    each healer can have 3k hps and if the boss is down and no1 even died then its a good job... judging healing by hps if everything is good is kinda meh...

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like a classic case of the other healers being too stingy with mana, I keep a meter open just to avoid this pitfall. They are not looking at meters or they would see that if they were pushing a little harder you wouldn't be 15 miles ahead of them with a plummeting mana bar and them sitting near full.

If that's not it and they are pushing as hard as they can, you are carrying them. On nearly every boss in Cata each healing class can top the chart if they push a lil harder or are a natural sniper but the differences are very slim, less then a percent in alot of cases.

15+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't get this out of my mind. I don't think nef can be done with 27K overall HPS (2 decent resto druids can do more). The data given can't be accurate.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    Skada doesnt count healing+absorb it only counts healing+absorb if you actually set it to healing+absorb and I bet you the OP had it set to healing only. That said I also bet the disc priest did atleast twice as much as the meter showed and probably even more than that.

And no when a druid and disc priest is doing arround 13k hps each then 8k hps from a paladin is not bad as both the druid and the disc priest is sniping the heals that the paladin could easily do, its just that everybody has shields and hots rolling so he wont be able to heal much.

So to answer the OPs question, no you are not good and no the other healers are not bad, if anything you just fail at reading meters propperly and understanding how heals work.
    Last edited by mmocaa84e3d5fa; 2011-06-06 at 12:29 PM.