[TV] Dr. Who Discussion SPOILERS

As any Dr.who fan knows, season 6 is currently airing and episode 6 aired last night(if you are in America).

All I can say about last nights episode is that it was probably one of the best cliffhangers yet. I pose the community with some questions for discussion.

How long have we been traveling with the fake Amy?

Who is the lady with the eye patch?

Is River Song indeed Amy Ponds daughter?

Who is the father of Amy's daughter? (one would assume Rory but the child was shown regenerating like a time lord)

Will the Doctor ever get a new Fez?

Please feel free to post your own questions or comments. I want this thread to be a place for discussion for all things Dr. who

Deleted
    Oooh dear. I'd be careful writing "SPOILERS" In the title, as you might get more than you bargained for. Episode 7 the mid season cliffhanger aired in the UK Yesterday. You don't want that one spoiled for you.

Safe to say that most of the questions you raised there are answered in the 7th episode along with a whole lot more, with this story arch dating way back to the Tennant Days. It's not a runny jumpy saving people sort of episode, more of an emotional conversation-y episode. But good nonetheless.

Not a plot spoiler for Episode 7, but I can say that the girl in the spacesuit from Epsiode 1 in Texas does not feature. That one'll be answered later in the series I guess, but we're intended to keep guessing for me.
    Last edited by mmocb1eac47a0b; 2011-06-05 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davesmason View Post
    Oooh dear. I'd be careful writing "SPOILERS" In the title, as you might get more than you bargained for. Episode 7 the mid season cliffhanger aired in the UK Yesterday. You don't want that one spoiled for you.

Safe to say that most of the questions you raised there are answered in the 7th episode along with a whole lot more, with this story arch dating way back to the Tennant Days. It's not a runny jumpy saving people sort of episode, more of an emotional conversation-y episode. But good nonetheless.

Not a plot spoiler for Episode 7, but I can say that the girl in the spacesuit from Epsiode 1 in Texas does not feature. That one'll be answered later in the series I guess, but we're intended to keep guessing for me.
    Knowing that episode 7 had aired in UK is the reason I included the "SPOILERS" up top. Don't want someone getting mad that the next episode in America was ruined cause it was talked about here first.

I have read some interesting theory's about the girl in the suit. Most of the ones I read, believed the girl was Amy's daughter (which we gather from the picture from the orphanage). River Song claims to have killed the best man she ever knew. So if she was indeed the the girl who killed the doctor, then that would make her Amy's daughter.

Again this is all theory and has probably lost a lot of its credibility due to episode 7 in UK but I can assume we all agree that the plot twists in season 6 surpass almost any other in the new Dr. Who series.

It seems to me this season so far has been overall more emotional plot instead of rush off and defeat the bad guys type plot.
    Last edited by glorithan; 2011-06-05 at 07:11 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah it's been one of the better story-archs I've seen, as someone who's watched all of the new Whos.

I just didn't want anything major getting spoiled for you. Though I'm sure you can find the episode 7 online if you can't wait.

Unfortunately there's not a lot else I can say in this thread as I don't want to spoil the twists for people who haven't seen it. The plot of the episode is good, but I felt the execution was a bit lacking. That's just my opinion though, there are plenty of people who are raving about it. It felt a lot like things were brushed over because of time. Episode 7 could have done with being an hour long rather than 40 minutes, if not split into two episodes. (Yeah I know it's a 2 part episode anyway, but 3 parts may have done it more justice I believe)
    Last edited by mmocb1eac47a0b; 2011-06-05 at 07:19 PM.

It pretty much explained it. Rory and Amy did the nasty in the Tardis, ie screwing in the Timestream. Hence created an psudo time lord. The Time Lords were pretty much envolved the same way.... via screwing around in the time stream.

Considering Amy has to be somewhere around 8-9 months preggy, I am certain she was kidnapped somewhere after the Christmas special and before the start of the new season. Yet, it has only been 2 months since did the nasty with Rory in the Tardis... wow, talk about a continuity hole!

Is Riversong the actual psudo timelord? Well she pilots the Tardis like a time lord, reads and writes Gallafrian... signs are starting to point to yes.

Oh and the Doctor gets a Stetson instead of a new Fez. Stetsons are way cooler anyways.

Now what bugs me is that his armed army.... is defeated by a bunch of brainless fools with swords. Guns > swords. WHAT THE HELL WERE THE POTATOE GUY and AWOL CHICK DOING?!?!?!?! You shoot guys walking torwards you with swords using your guns... instant victory. Hell, the only ones who survived were the ones with swords for some insane reason. And if I think about the fact that potatoe guys are almost invincable in their armor... I just want to scream.

And why is Avery still using black powder weaponry? For christs sakes, hes flying technology that outpaces black powder by countless thousands of years! And he and his crew managed to over take one eye PMS chick's crew.... with black powder weaponry?
    Last edited by Baroclinic; 2011-06-06 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And why is Avery still using black powder weaponry?
    Because most combustable projectiles will penetrate personal energy protective shielding. They're more effective at killing a target than energy weapons are.

See SG1 and several other Sci-Fi series.

There's also a weapons and defensive development theory on the uses of certain tech in space warfare.
    Most extra-planetary ships in Star Trek for instance have energy weapon shielding PLUS thicker hulls for projectile shielding.
    Likewise they pack both types of weaponry, as energy weapons run off power systems and projectile weapons take up storage space for other supplies.

Plasma shielding won't stop everything, but neither does just a thick plate. You have to have both.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....