10+ Year Old Account

Damage meter ( Recount ) + Rise of the Zandalari patch = Frozen screen HELP?

So ever since the patch hit i've been unable to use Recount. My screen basically freezes when I enter combat and goes back to normal when i'm out. I've tried redownloading Recount from Curse but the problem still persists. Does anyone have any solution? Or possible an alternative addon? Your replies are much appreciated, Lo'ktar ( yeah... I went there.)!
    Putrefaction you've caused, No need for confession. Now you wish you had a god, To stop your demolition. Crushing the bones of the hundred folds, Swinging the judgement hammer. Man, woman, child no-one is safe The heads of the dead are the banner.

Recount does that for me as well. Well not as bad as yours but my FPS stutters around 10-15 fps during combat. It's like the screen will micro freeze up during combat. This only happens in 25man raids.. 10mans and 5mans are ok. Turning Recount off solves the problem.

I've uninstalled Recount using the curse updater and removed all the saved settings then reinstalled fresh, but that didn't fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BodycountQQ View Post
    Recount does that for me as well. Well not as bad as yours but my FPS stutters around 10-15 fps during combat. It's like the screen will micro freeze up during combat. This only happens in 25man raids.. 10mans and 5mans are ok. Turning Recount off solves the problem.

I've uninstalled Recount using the curse updater and removed all the saved settings then reinstalled fresh, but that didn't fix the problem.
    Oddly enough I've never has this issue prior to the patch.
    Putrefaction you've caused, No need for confession. Now you wish you had a god, To stop your demolition. Crushing the bones of the hundred folds, Swinging the judgement hammer. Man, woman, child no-one is safe The heads of the dead are the banner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go into the World of Warcraft folder > WTF > Account > (account name) > Saved Variables. Delete anything involving Recount in there. Then try and see if it still freezes. If it does, go back into the account name folder, > (Server Name) > (Character Name) > Saved Variables, find any file with Recount in it and delete. Repeat on all characters.

EDIT: Also, before doing any of this, remove Recount from the addons folder. After removing all recount files in the variables, re-install and update. Receive happiness.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2011-06-06 at 04:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

same with me. this started at 4.1.

thought the plugin had old files that didn't get deleted or updated which is why I completely removed it and the saved settings and did a fresh install. but that didn't fix it.

Deleted
    Who gives a crap about recount anyways... Doesnt do anything usefull anyways.

If you insist on using a dmg meter (Guessing its because you wanna show your e-peen) go for a lighter version such as Skada

Deleted
    you sure this is recount and not some other addon?

try turning off all of your addons and then turn them back on one by one to find the broken one.
    I would be surprised if it was recount doing this.

skada worked well when i used it
    i moved to tinydps since its ridiculously small compared to others(doesnt store anything except the privious fight)
    if you're just trying to monitor people/make sure you're keeping up, id recomend tinydps
    if you want an actual break down, spells cast, etc, skada
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Go into the World of Warcraft folder > WTF > Account > (account name) > Saved Variables. Delete anything involving Recount in there. Then try and see if it still freezes. If it does, go back into the account name folder, > (Server Name) > (Character Name) > Saved Variables, find any file with Recount in it and delete. Repeat on all characters.

EDIT: Also, before doing any of this, remove Recount from the addons folder. After removing all recount files in the variables, re-install and update. Receive happiness.
    Worked like a charm. Thank you so much

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 08:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Logilock View Post
    Who gives a crap about recount anyways... Doesnt do anything usefull anyways.

If you insist on using a dmg meter (Guessing its because you wanna show your e-peen) go for a lighter version such as Skada
    I personally find it helpful, it lets me keep track of my performance.

i installed skada and while it's different, it works. will take some time getting used to. so long recount.

i installed skada and while it's different, it works. will take some time getting used to. so long recount.
    Download the Addon SkadaWindowButtons. Then you will feel much more at home. Basically it gives Skada the same top buttons (they even look the same ^^) like Recount has. You will need to bump the TOC to 40100 for this Addon.

The error description on recount sounds to me like the issue is a non-4.1-adapted recount (COMBAT Log Events have
    changed in 4.1, which basically needed all addons reading combat logs to have new versions). Version 4.1.0 appearently
    fixed this for Recount (get it on Curse), maybe this helps you to get Recount fully working again (I am myselves a Skada user, not a recount user, so I do not know).
    Last edited by MagicSN; 2011-06-06 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oraj View Post
    So ever since the patch hit i've been unable to use Recount. My screen basically freezes when I enter combat and goes back to normal when i'm out. I've tried redownloading Recount from Curse but the problem still persists. Does anyone have any solution? Or possible an alternative addon? Your replies are much appreciated, Lo'ktar ( yeah... I went there.)!
    The most probably culprit is more than probably one of the (outdated) Recount plugins. I had 2/3 that did the same thing to me with 4.1, i removed them and the problem went away.

Look at all the absorbs/heal+absord guess plugins first, and remove all the not up to date plugin. You'll find the culprit fast.

You should not even be using RecountGuessedAbsorbs since Cata. Absorbs are now monitored in the combat log exactly, so remove all of those plugins.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ashareth View Post
    The most probably culprit is more than probably one of the (outdated) Recount plugins. I had 2/3 that did the same thing to me with 4.1, i removed them and the problem went away.

Look at all the absorbs/heal+absord guess plugins first, and remove all the not up to date plugin. You'll find the culprit fast.
    Happen to know which plugins related to recount I don't need anymore? I already used the curse updater to remove recount and any saved variables. I'm guessing there's more though because with Skada installed, I'm still seeing the same FPS stutter in 25man raids during boss fights. I'm thinking I missed something that still loads up that is screwing any damage meter I have installed.

With skada turned off (and recount before I installed skada), I do not see the fps problem. It's smooth graphics.

Happen to know which plugins related to recount I don't need anymore? I already used the curse updater to remove recount and any saved variables. I'm guessing there's more though because with Skada installed, I'm still seeing the same FPS stutter in 25man raids during boss fights. I'm thinking I missed something that still loads up that is screwing any damage meter I have installed.

With skada turned off (and recount before I installed skada), I do not see the fps problem. It's smooth graphics.
    That can be coming from something else then, maybe from getting too much info from others. I seems to recall there was a way to filter the combat log events to limite the amount of data incoming, so that meters have less to parse, but it's only a vague recollection.

Sorry i can't help you further, but it's a start to look at.
    And mostly the plugins that really need to go are all those for heals and absorbs (it's supposed to be baseline now, aren't maintained anymore).
    After that i'm not sure, i know i trimed down mine around 4.1 and it did the trick but i don't remember the ones i removed.

Here's my addon list

_NPCScan
    _NPCScan.Overlay
    AckisRecipeList
    AtlasLoot
    AtlasLoot_BurningCrusade
    AtlasLoot_Cataclysm
    AtlasLoot_ClassicWoW
    AtlasLoot_Crafting
    AtlasLoot_Loader
    AtlasLoot_WorldEvents
    AtlasLoot_WrathoftheLichKing
    Auctionator
    Blizzard_AchievementUI
    Blizzard_ArchaeologyUI
    Blizzard_ArenaUI
    Blizzard_AuctionUI
    Blizzard_BarbershopUI
    Blizzard_BattlefieldMinimap
    Blizzard_BindingUI
    Blizzard_Calendar
    Blizzard_ClientSavedVariables
    Blizzard_CombatLog
    Blizzard_CombatText
    Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames
    Blizzard_DebugTools
    Blizzard_GlyphUI
    Blizzard_GMChatUI
    Blizzard_GMSurveyUI
    Blizzard_GuildBankUI
    Blizzard_GuildControlUI
    Blizzard_GuildUI
    Blizzard_InspectUI
    Blizzard_ItemSocketingUI
    Blizzard_LookingForGuildUI
    Blizzard_MacroUI
    Blizzard_RaidUI
    Blizzard_ReforgingUI
    Blizzard_TalentUI
    Blizzard_TimeManager
    Blizzard_TokenUI
    Blizzard_TradeSkillUI
    Blizzard_TrainerUI
    Chinchilla
    Collectinator
    CT_BuffMod
    CT_Core
    CT_ExpenseHistory
    CT_MailMod
    DBM-AQ20
    DBM-AQ40
    DBM-BaradinHold
    DBM-BastionTwilight
    DBM-BlackTemple
    DBM-BlackwingDescent
    DBM-BWL
    DBM-ChamberOfAspects
    DBM-Coliseum
    DBM-Core
    DBM-EyeOfEternity
    DBM-Firelands
    DBM-GUI
    DBM-Hyjal
    DBM-Icecrown
    DBM-Karazhan
    DBM-MC
    DBM-Naxx
    DBM-Onyxia
    DBM-Outlands
    DBM-Party-BC
    DBM-Party-Cataclysm
    DBM-Party-WotLK
    DBM-PvP
    DBM-Serpentshrine
    DBM-Sunwell
    DBM-TheEye
    DBM-ThroneFourWinds
    DBM-Ulduar
    DBM-VoA
    DBM-WorldEvents
    Dominos
    Dominos_Config
    Dominos_Roll
    eCastingBar
    epgp
    epgp_lootmaster
    MinimapButtonFrame
    MinimapButtonFrame_SkinPack
    Omen
    OmniCC
    OmniCC_Config
    Outfitter
    Skada
    SkadaCC
    SkadaDamage
    SkadaDamageTaken
    SkadaDeaths
    SkadaDebuffs
    SkadaDispels
    SkadaEnemies
    SkadaPower
    SkadaWindowButtons
    Titan
    TitanBag
    TitanClock
    TitanGold
    TitanLocation
    TitanLootType
    TitanPerformance
    TitanRepair
    TitanVolume
    TitanXP
    XPerl
    XPerl_ArcaneBar
    XPerl_CustomHighlight
    XPerl_Options
    XPerl_Party
    XPerl_PartyPet
    XPerl_Player
    XPerl_PlayerBuffs
    XPerl_PlayerPet
    XPerl_RaidAdmin
    XPerl_RaidFrames
    XPerl_RaidHelper
    XPerl_RaidMonitor
    XPerl_RaidPets
    XPerl_Target
    XPerl_TargetTarget

If I remember, those CT_ mods are historic dating back to Vanilla, have they been updated and maintained?

Check your Help settings in game to Enable LUA errors too to see if any addons are the obvious culprit.

Also if you're running Titan + TitanPerformance, there might be a way to do CPU profiling to see which addons are spiking in memory usage but be careful not to leave the setting on.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

www.ctmod.net. They have all been well maintained.

LUA errors have been on. I get a random one when I log into an alt but it's with a blizzard addon. When I log into my main I get nothing.

I have titanperformance running all the time. It's a great way to see which addons are taking most of my CPU. CTMod is almost always #1 on the list. Then DBM and X-Perl round out the top 3.

www.ctmod.net. They have all been well maintained.

LUA errors have been on. I get a random one when I log into an alt but it's with a blizzard addon. When I log into my main I get nothing.

I have titanperformance running all the time. It's a great way to see which addons are taking most of my CPU. CTMod is almost always #1 on the list. Then DBM and X-Perl round out the top 3.
    I assume you have the 4.1-fixed version of CTMod running (This is the one from 04-26-2011) ? Also are you sure that you have 4.1-versions from DBM, Skada, and everything else which might access the combat Log?

If you get the error ALWAYS when logging into an alt, you might try disabling some addons until you found the culprit of course (disable half of them,
    if it works, enable half of those again, if it doesn't, again disable half of them, ... to limit the number of reloadui's using the binary search algorithm, so-to-tell ;-) Ah, and install ACP for this so you do not have to log out all the time...