Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardezar View Post
    speaking of monopolizing, there are three gamestops within a mile radius of each other near where i live.
    /shrug, just swing by the 10 Starbucks by each Gamestop so your gaming can go on forever. WINNING!

Heroic progression raider. Incapable of using Saran Wrap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    We made a mistake, you're welcome for the free game.

Those aren't quality control rules, it's not something to complain about
    It's the fact they can't follow their own rules. Would you go to a fast-food place and buy a burger when you know for a fact that the cook didn't wash his hands after taking a dump? I mean, yeah, there are germs and disease to think about there, but the concept is the same.

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 08:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    /shrug, just swing by the 10 Starbucks by each Gamestop so your gaming can go on forever. WINNING!
    Haha, yeah, I was thinking the same. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENGUYeiGtNk

i don't buy from gamestop for 2 reasons.

1) they take hard earned money from game devs which means publishers like EA start doing that "pay 15 bucks to play online" type shit.

2) the preorder bonus crap means that people are missing out on content just because they didn't/couldn't prorder. thats not ok with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It's the fact they can't follow their own rules. Would you go to a fast-food place and buy a burger when you know for a fact that the cook didn't wash his hands after taking a dump? I mean, yeah, there are germs and disease to think about there, but the concept is the same.
    But that's not what we're talking about, we're talking about the guys at the fast food restaurant giving you a large fries on accident instead of a medium.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that's not what we're talking about, we're talking about the guys at the fast food restaurant giving you a large fries on accident instead of a medium.
    Actually, what we're talking about is the guys consistently getting your order wrong, so you go to a more corporate location and they still get your order wrong. Kinda puts a bad image when even they can't get it right, no?

It's funny because that actually happens all the time at Mcdonalds, and I still don't give a fuck because I get cheap food incredibly fast that usually tastes p good, despite how disgusting it may actually be

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He's right, it's exactly the same thing, people are dying all the time from eatting consoles and games that aren't properly checked...

You should feel proud, pointing out this idiocy was my 500th post

We made a mistake, you're welcome for the free game.

Those aren't quality control rules, it's not something to complain about
    We're talking about lack of quality. This time it's a free game and some badass stickers, next time it's a PS2 that burns your games, rendering them unplayable.

I don't care if someone screws up in my favor, I care more about the fact they are screwing up, and keep screwing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    This time it's a free game and some badass stickers, next time it's a PS2 that burns your games, rendering them unplayable.
    Then take up issue at that point, don't work up hypothetical what-ifs and take issue with those

10+ Year Old Account
    Then take up issue at that point, don't work up hypothetical what-ifs and take issue with those

Then I won't.

Oh wait, I just waited a week for a game I can't and won't be able to play in the future because it has deeper scratches than what could be made by a chainsaw. Then again, I only said that in my original post, so now we're back to square one.

So you're saying the entire first half of the OP doesn't exist?

You had a bad experience with shipping, I'm sorry your game broke, don't work up nonsense to justify never buying from the company again.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying the entire first half of the OP doesn't exist?

You had a bad experience with shipping, I'm sorry your game broke, don't work up nonsense to justify never buying from the company again.
    Actually: (from the OP)

Even though all the used games I buy from them tend to have more scratches on it than a 40 year old car that competes in destruction derby.
    In case you can't tell, I like metaphors. And cake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    He's right, it's exactly the same thing, people are dying all the time from eatting consoles and games that aren't properly checked...

You should feel proud, pointing out this idiocy was my 500th post
    Ever heard of an analogy?

analogies don't usually line up, creating some problems when you draw them

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate gamestop. I've pre-orded a lot of games from 3 of the different gamestops in my area, all of which had a guaranteed statue of some kind or when I bought my little sister a pokemon game, a stylus/statue thing. The first time or 2, I would go up there, completely forget about the statue, buy the game and go home, remember about it, go back the next day to be told they never advertised that statue (as I see one of the employees in the window taking down a poster that says FREE PALKIA STYLUS WITH EVERY DIAMOND/PEARL PREORDER!!!!). Now the 3rd time, I remembered on purpose, so I went, paid for the game, and stood there. The lady said is there anything else I can help you with. I was like yeah, I want my Pre-Order Statue. And then she replies, sorry we gave all of them out already, you had to come early. (Keep noted, this was at 10 o'clock on the first sales day of the game, the store opened at 9 and It wasn't even a popular game) So i got pretty pissed and took my game and went home and qq'ed a bit. Jk. Now the 4th time, I was smart. When I preordered pokemon black, I took my iphone out and recorded the conversation. I asked "Ma'am, You get a statue with the pre-order correct? yes she replies. "Ok, so its a guarantee, not first come first served, when we are out, were out?" Again yes she says "We hold on to one to match each copy pre-ordered, so you will have yours waiting for you =)" So when I came to buy my game, I payed for it, she handed me it, (Same lady, but 4 months later) and I stood there and said "Wheres the statue?" The lady proceeds to tell me that that gamestop was not one of the liable game stops for the pre-order bonus. I talked to the manager, showed him the recording, plus witness (My cousin) and now in my sisters room not only sits One Pokemon statue, but two. And never again, shall I pre-order from Gamestop!

Deleted
    analogies don't usually line up, creating some problems when you draw them
    Eh, what?

Granted the OP's analogy was a little off (the second one was much better) but they are not meant to be taken as literally as Mooboy did anyway.

Well if you draw analogy between two things, saying X part of analogy applies because it supports your point but Y part of analogy doesn't because hey - it's an analogy stop over-analyzing it, is just silly.

Well, I still buy from them, but thats only because its still the old EB Games crew that still own that 1 store, and I have never experienced any form of problems. Also, can't blame Gamestop for a scratched disc, blame the dick that wanted to make money out of a broken game, and no they can't test every used game that gets delivered to them. Not trying to go fanboy-defensive stance, but thats just my experience, and I can probably be proven wrong.

Penguin I don't understand what you're trying to prove. I mean, the majority of us has had (at least one) a bad experience with gamestop and no if they send you a game with the console it has to be in good condition free or not else don't send it at all (not speaking about the stickers which are ridiculous and a shame for a company so famous). Anyway, OP I buy from Amazon and for the most (if not all, I mostly had problems with shipping) games you get what you're promised and remember to demand photos of used things that you decide to buy, it's a rule for most of the used things to do so (ever experienced e-bay?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Well, I still buy from them, but thats only because its still the old EB Games crew that still own that 1 store, and I have never experienced any form of problems. Also, can't blame Gamestop for a scratched disc, blame the dick that wanted to make money out of a broken game, and no they can't test every used game that gets delivered to them. Not trying to go fanboy-defensive stance, but thats just my experience, and I can probably be proven wrong.
    Actually when they take in used games it's their job, their JOB, to at least look at each one and make sure it's not bad off. It's their job, their JOB, to test every system they take in.

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elothie View Post
    Penguin I don't understand what you're trying to prove. I mean, the majority of us has had (at least one) a bad experience with gamestop and no if they send you a game with the console it has to be in good condition free or not else don't send it at all (not speaking about the stickers which are ridiculous and a shame for a company so famous). Anyway, OP I buy from Amazon and for the most (if not all, I mostly had problems with shipping) games you get what you're promised and remember to demand photos of used things that you decide to buy, it's a rule for most of the used things to do so (ever experienced e-bay?).
    I don't deal with eBay but I'm gonna start using Amazon. I checked a price of another game at Amazon and it was significantly higher than Gamestop, so that's why I ordered it from Gamestop.