Deleted

Why do people do that?

Before you read and flame, its just a general chat, im not bitter about anything.

Yes I know its better to with guild groups, but I PUG sometimes, im sure most of us do sometimes.

So why do people ninja items they will never use or shouldnt use, when I say ninja I mean roll need when thier class wouldnt use it (1h str mace for a druid for example).

Are they desperate for gold so need everything to sell the item? Are they terribly sad individuals who get they jollys from doing this to get some nerd rage reaction?

What do you think? Do any of you ninja roll need on everything? If so, why?

Maybe they can disenchant it
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Maybe they can disenchant it
    seems to be the only reason i can think off as well, as gold isn't exactaly hard to get these days but the lure of geting 1( or up to 3) crystals from one disenchant can turn lfd enchanters into ninjas.

1. DE
    2. Vendor
    3. Achievement "Needy"

None are good reasons to ninja items, and if you want the achievement, you should state your purpose and offer to reroll/trade items you win.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most people whom do that are enchanters and in most cases just DE it while they point and laugh at you, It happens

You just move on

Deleted
    Since when do people on the internet need or have a good reason to be assholes?

I think you need to define the word ninja before you complain about it. To me ninja means you blatantly take an item while disregarding previously defined loot rules, then leave right after. For example, you are the raider leader and you take a group to get ashes of alar, then when it drops you ask everyone to roll 100 then give it to yourself afterwards. In heroics the only loot rules are the ones blizzard has set up which the game wont let you break (a rogue needing on a caster staff for example).

So what's your definition of "ninja"ing?

So what's your definition of "ninja"ing?
    To need on items that you dont need and steal it from players that need it for actual use.
    Just imagine if some person in your guild raid constantly needs item that he willl never use and just disenchants/vendors it. How would you call him?

I never continue random heroic run with ninjas. I just stop and wait untill all other people in group agree to kick him.
    The most funny situation was when it was half guild run and they refused to kick their own mate. I just set up my g19 keyboard to jump every 5 minutes and went afk to watch movie with my gf. They spent almost 2 hours waiting. I think they were true ninjas. 2 hours of waiting for one shard!

Someone in my guild raid who needs items to vendor won't stay in my guild for more than one raid so that's not a problem.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    On the last boss I sometimes have occasion to need on gear that I wouldn't actually use. This is if and only if
    1) No one in the group needs the item as an upgrade
    2) I have not won any other gear during the run

I'm an enchanter, I feel pretty bummed when the auto-roller is using my profession and DEing for people throughout the run, and the RNG doesn't give me an item to DE. So on the last boss, if I haven't gotten a shard for myself, I take one.

And I need on any BoE Epic and Mount. I also try and be the first person to do so, so that others can see it and need also. (BoE Epic will of course be changing next patch apparently).

Deleted
    Maybe they want 2 b betta than other player? That's the most logical reason 2 me ät least

Because people are cheap and just want that 15g from vendoring it.

Could be a noob. Some people don't play but casually and they misclick, don't know if they do need it, or simply don't understand how the loot system works. It's a long shot but I usually just send them a nice tell if I need it and it works out. I see the nicer I am about things like this, the more they work in my favor. I'm not being altruistic mind you, just smart. Be nice, it pays.

Nah, I think it pretty much comes down to the fact that people are douchebags. If you need it for enchanting mats, have the decency to say something to the rest of the party at the start of the run. It doesn't give you the right to need things, but at least you explained it before-hand.

Had an Unholy DK ninja the BoE mace in ZG because he wanted to sell it, he said he was gonna use it for Frost, but we found out that he already had two. So the rest of the run, I purposely rolled need on everything he also rolled need on (including upgrades for him) and beat him 3/3 times, karma is a bitch!

Because when you're in LFD, you're basically playing with NPCs. If nobody in the group is from the same server as me, there are no repercussions to suffer. Enchanters roll need on stuff to DE, everyone else rolls need on it for gold. Because we live in a society where we're trained to acquire wealth and consume consume consume? Because its part of human nature to be greedy? Because rolling Need protects you from aforementioned assholes, and makes you one of them in the process.

Deleted
    My boyfriend was in a ZG or ZA run (didn't get the details of which dungeon) he was tanking they had kicked a player already for being offline to long and they unfortunately had a ninja replace their kicked player that rolled need on every item that dropped that he could possibly click need for, the ninja was a druid and won very roll (lucky huh) but because they had used their player kick function they could't kick the ninja. at the end of the dungeon the ninja said f*** you and left

And when I say ninja'ing I'm referring to needing items that you wont/cant use.

I've learnt to get over it and if someone needs an item they cant/wont use I will say to group to all need it i call it counter ninja'ing and then redistribute the item to the player that actually wanted it if any but other then that its just guild groups or just get over it. It's not right, it's not fair but life isn't fair.

Been playing since vanilla and to date I have still never ninja'd not once, not a mount, not for enchant mats, not for anything. I don't see the point. I think it's silly to steal items that lets face it, are in a game, people can say the same for, why do people get upset over being ninja'd from but its very different. That person could have been working hard to get that item for some time and time is real so to have it taken away just for kicks is pretty harsh.

I play by principles that although wow is a game the players are real. Its just about respecting one another and not acting like a dick just cause your anonymous on the internet, treat others how you want to be treated. I think if everyone played like that wow would be 10x better then it is :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? I mean, you never said they were ninjaing items from you. You didn't need roll, so how exactly does it affect you? Sure, you could greed roll and sell it, but like its been said, making money in wow is easy. (i don't support ninjaing items when someone else needed on it)
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon