Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Wandering about 4.2 5-man casuals

So with the arrival of 4.1 blizzard gave us two "new" and relatively difficult to PUG dungeons which take between 45-60 minutes to complete on average,
    nice to have it while we wait for 4.2 content, and as a casual 5-manner I really enjoy it.

I'm just having hard time to think of how will I enjoy PVE 5-Man content with the arrival of 4.2, blizzard haven't announced on any 5-man dungeons with 359 gear and the new Firelands theme, and once i'm done with the firelands dailies, I feel like it's pretty the end for me in PVE matters.

I know that current raids are going to get nerfed alot, but I don't have the achievements, time to invest in raiding guild or the ability to lead 10 men, to form/join a PUG, and we all know that even with the nerf + dungeon journal, noone is accepting people without achievments into a raid group even if it's an easy puggable raid.

How will you think a guy like me, which really enjoyed 5-man content so far, doing arena from time to time but not a hardcore pvp'er as well, will find his place in the new 4.2 Firelands patch?

You can keep farming your heroics or step your game up to raids, that's about it with the WoW PvE options

the 2 dungeons released in 4.1 where for 4.2firelands so no no new dungeons.

on the other hand, with the next lvl of tier out then and the nerfs to the normals in the old tiers, you will see alot more (weekend)pugs going for a 9/12 atleast. with the new lockout system you can join them even if you dont have alot of time.

for the achievement well depends on server, we look at gear/gems/enchants not achievements, but you can solve that with a faker, or doing 1 10men pug wich you make with friends to get it so you dont have to worry/lead/make one after you did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 QQ about "entitled casuals".

I have nothing more to contribute to this thread, but I can't wait to see how it turns out.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

If you have the time to do ZA/ZG and dailies, then you have MORE than enough time to plow through a mega-nerfed BWD.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Inb4 QQ about "entitled casuals".

I have nothing more to contribute to this thread, but I can't wait to see how it turns out.
    The last thing I did here is to QQ, and i'm really not trying to attack blizzard for not making new 5-men dungeons for me,
    I was just asking what would you suggest for wow players of my type, who playing this game since 2005 and experienced all the game aspects, and now due to time restrict cannot commit to raiding schedule, that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oronbz View Post
    The last thing I did here is to QQ, and i'm really not trying to attack blizzard for not making new 5-men dungeons for me,
    I was just asking what would you suggest for wow players of my type, who playing this game since 2005 and experienced all the game aspects, and now due to time restrict cannot commit to raiding schedule, that's all.
    No, please, I'm on your side. It's just that this website is full of people who... won't be. I was merely pre-empting them . I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression, I really do think there should at least be a few more 5-mans to suit the needs of the more busy playerbase.

At any rate, you could try getting into RP. That's a good way to pass time.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Also trying to understand, how long Firelands new daily zone will keep me busy from PTR players.

Quote Originally Posted by oronbz View Post
    So with the arrival of 4.1 blizzard gave us two "new" and relatively difficult to PUG dungeons which take between 45-60 minutes to complete on average,
    nice to have it while we wait for 4.2 content, and as a casual 5-manner I really enjoy it.

I'm just having hard time to think of how will I enjoy PVE 5-Man content with the arrival of 4.2, blizzard haven't announced on any 5-man dungeons with 359 gear and the new Firelands theme, and once i'm done with the firelands dailies, I feel like it's pretty the end for me in PVE matters.

I know that current raids are going to get nerfed alot, but I don't have the achievements, time to invest in raiding guild or the ability to lead 10 men, to form/join a PUG, and we all know that even with the nerf + dungeon journal, noone is accepting people without achievments into a raid group even if it's an easy puggable raid.

How will you think a guy like me, which really enjoyed 5-man content so far, doing arena from time to time but not a hardcore pvp'er as well, will find his place in the new 4.2 Firelands patch?

You get some nice new epics for completing a 5 part quest line, tons of new dailies and your wanting more after you got ZA and ZG back? I'd rather they focus on PvE Balance for DPS than focus on casuals at the moment.
    May the raging winds destroy my foes, and let its soothing breeze ease the pain of my friends!

My Main: Ranko US-Garithos[A]

yeah, pug raids will relax a bit with the nerfs + easily available gear. shouldn't have too much trouble picking up 3/4 BOT or 5/6 BWD come 4.2. if you do...join a casual raiding guild! there are plenty out there and there's no need to make a massive commitment...as long as you know what you're doing
    Ilam - <Gardian> | Wiping with Benefits - Frostmourne US - armory

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    You get some nice new epics for completing a 5 part quest line, tons of new dailies and your wanting more after you got ZA and ZG back? I'd rather they focus on PvE Balance for DPS than focus on casuals at the moment.
    Again man, I didn't say "Blizzard, it's a new patch, give more 5-men dungeons!", I've just tried to find some suggestions, with the absence of new 5-men dugeons on 4.2.

But I read the comments, and I really thank you all for the PUG advices, i think i'd really use those, and try to enjoy the nerfed content which I sure I will.

and with new Blizzard obligations to do Rated Battlegrounds to fulfill the conquest cap, maybe more RBG PUG's will form and more fun stuff for me.

A pug BWD/BoT normal mode in 4.2 will take 2-3 hours. If you can't dedicate just 2-3 hours a week at a random time and look for a group in trade chat, then WoW probably isn't the game for you, PvE at least.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Musashi. While PVE and PVP Balance might be more important to you the vast majority of the game players are in the so called "Casual" classification. It would be nice if Blizzard did put more non raid end game content in for that large group.

I commend their attempts to make raids more available to the casual player but there are still a lot of players that can not devote 3 to 4 hours to clear raids at one time. If they had more 5 man content that could be completed in 1 to 2 hrs they would be providing a huge service to the majority of their subscribers.

Further, I am in a fairly competitive raiding guild. Not hard core but we are one to 12 for 25 man on our server with 5 hard modes down so far. We raid 3 days a week and on off days I don't really want to raid with my alts. I like a break but still login for the social aspets of the game when I have nothing better to do in real life. Would be nice if there was more challenging 5 mans out there for my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    You can keep farming your heroics or step your game up to raids, that's about it with the WoW PvE options
    hes talking about casuals though,a casual stepping his game up is unheard of.unless you consider flooding battle.net forums with tears until the raids get nerfed stepping your game up.which i dont

Lots of wild hyperbole in this thread.

To OP: I think you might be busy for a month or so of doing the dailies if you want to unlock all the vendors. I hope they do a 4.3 with some more heroic dungeons shortly after releasing firelands, but that might be... naive of me. Hopefully your schedule permits you to pug some of the earlier bosses in tier 11. They are very fun and some (magmaw esp) are super easy.

With the massive (seriously, this is almost as big a nerf as 3.0 was) nerfs to normal mode t11 raids and far easier access to gear between the 359 gear on JP vendors and the new rep gear, t11 will become casually puggable quite easily, particularly for 9/12.

I forsee this becoming the next step for casuals to progress. Zandalari heroics -> normal mode t11 raids.

And to be clear, with the way the raids are split and the truly epic nerfs, raiding BoT or BWD will not be a 4 hour experience. I expect to clear BoT out in 90 minutes most weeks on my alts AFTER 4.2 - that's shorter than a 40 minute queue and an hour in ZA like a bad pug as a DPS generally becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    To OP: I think you might be busy for a month or so of doing the dailies if you want to unlock all the vendors. I hope they do a 4.3 with some more heroic dungeons shortly after releasing firelands, but that might be... naive of me. Hopefully your schedule permits you to pug some of the earlier bosses in tier 11. They are very fun and some (magmaw esp) are super easy.
    ^^ This! OP I am in the same position as you. Currently a casual raider, but I will be welcoming a new daughter in the next week or so, so I'm taking a break from raiding during the first few months of Firelands. Like you, I anticipate that the new dailies will be fun and rewarding and I will keep running heroics until I have all of the new purchasable valor gear, but come the end of the summer I very much hope that that we see 1/2/3 new 5-mans with 365/372 level gear that will help me catch up for the next tier.

JP will buy you all the current VP Gear (Great for gearing alts or offspecs).
    VP (980 earnable a week from Heroics, and another 70 for the new BH Boss) to buy all the 378 VP gear.
    The new daily quest hub will have you busy as hell to unlock all the 365 epic gear vendors (up to 1.5 months worth of work, even if you keep at it every day).

I do predict more 5-mans, likely 2 more in 4.3, and then another 2 in 4.5 (assuming 4.4 and 4.6 would be our last 2 raid tiers).

With the massive (seriously, this is almost as big a nerf as 3.0 was) nerfs to normal mode t11 raids
    i dont see why so many people are making such a big deal about these nerfs to stuff in 4.2,there not nerfing firelands so who cares.no one whos serious about raiding are gonna be doing the content thats being nerfed,there all gonna be in firelands

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    i dont see why so many people are making such a big deal about these nerfs to stuff in 4.2,there not nerfing firelands so who cares.no one whos serious about raiding are gonna be doing the content thats being nerfed,there all gonna be in firelands
    You're missing the point. I'm not complaining about it, I think it's a great idea and I'll be enjoying it on my alt characters with my less raider-y friends.

You can't deny the fact that it is a massive nerf. But you're right, I don't care and I don't think it's such a big deal. Especially since they haven't nerfed the hard modes.