Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Keyboards are alright, the mice broke down on me so I stopped buying them. Microsoft 10-15 euro mouse are now used to drag along and I've been using a Roccat for 3+ years now with no issue whatsoever, in contrary to the much praised logitech which right mouse button broke after 1 year and 2 months of fps (no rage slamming, I like my stuff to last).

I'm currently typing on my 6th or 7th Logitech Ultra-X keyboard. These things are like heroin.
    "I like to tank pugs. It toughens me up and makes my skin as thick as my armour." - mouseno4

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterize View Post
    1 in 10 will die off(most likely due to user error). The rest will live forever.
    Fixed for you

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    I own the Logitech G510 since it came out, still works. It's a pain to clean, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. This is coming from a guy who used a Razer Lycosa for the past 2 years.
    Same with me. After ~6mo. with the Lycosa the touchpanel at top right started shorting out and randomly opening Windows Media Player, which ofc tabbed me out of WoW at the most inopportune times. Switched to Logitech G510 and have had zero complaints with it thus far.

Heroic progression raider. Incapable of using Saran Wrap.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Had my G15 keyboard for 2 years now, had my logitech G5 mouse for 3 years, there is obviously signs of them being used a lot, but they are just as good as they was when I bought them, hell my MX518 mouse that I bought 6 years ago is still in use by my sister.

If you buy low end producst you cant expect them to last beyond a year or so. But as for the high end logitech producst you'll find amongst the best quality around, Razer, Roccat and all the other fancy named gaming brands doesn't have close to the same quality and it doesn't feel as good either. I bought a Razer mouse once, normal use, stayed plugged in and was never trashed, it just broke after 6 months.

All in all, I'm sticking to Logitech.

My 7 year old mouse died on me last year, I think it was one of the MX15? I don't know.

Anyways, I have a G500 Mouse now hitting 1 year and a half and a G11 which is about to hit 6 years of age.

My G9 has lasted me for a while. I had a G15 for about two years but I spilled pop on it like 3 times and it was done.

My worst experience with a Logitech product has been my G35. The earpieces have broken off. I called them up and got it replaced pretty quickly and I haven't had problems with it since.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My family had a Logitech MX Revolution mouse that I absolutely LOVED. It finally died after owning it for damn, I think around 3-4 years? When I got my own computer, I went to get one as well, however my local Best Buys had all gotten bad shipments that had bad batteries in them, so none were working properly, you could try charging them, they just didn't work properly. Something was broken. So I ended up going for the Razer DeathAdder 1800 DPI mouse, have had it since. Going on about 2 and a half years.

I have a Logitech G15 keyboard that I got maybe a month or less before the Razer mouse (when I first tried getting the MX Revolution) and it's still going strong! No problems at all! (Version 2 I believe, only has 6 g keys, but 3 different M settings for them.)

I've had a few $15-20 headsets from Logitech, first one lasted at least a year, second around a year I think. I did at one point have some $100 wireless pair but I hated them because the ear pieces sat on my ears instead of over, so they'd fall right off. That's not really the issue we're talking about here though. lol

I think it's a mixture of luck, how much you pay for the item, and how well you treat it. I've never thrown a headset down, I set them down because even the slightest banging can be detrimental to the electronics inside, you never know how loose things are. So I say treat things nicely and they will treat you the same way. Also blasting little headsets at full volume is probably not a good idea. ;p

Edit: Oh yeah, I also have a 2.1 Logitech speaker system, that is THX branded as well, sounds amazing. Only need to turn them up to like half to fill up the house, they are DAMNED LOUD little beasts! Have had them about 2 years and 8 months now probably?

For the most part, I'm sticking to Logitech.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Nope I actually changed my gaming gear from razer over to logitech for the reason that the razer gear was crapping out
    Hi Sephurik

I agree, Logitech products are pretty shoddy..... I have killed like 3 usb headsets that cost 40-50 in about 3 years

15+ Year Old Account
    MX518 - 4 years (left button got stuck periodically), maybe could be manually fix'd, but cba. clearing it (if that was really the problem)
    G15 - Almost 3 years (no problem yet)
    G5 - 2,5years (middle button got stuck periodically), maybe could be manually fix'd, but cba. clearing it (if that was really the problem)
    G500 - Have her for half a year and no problems yet.

Bear in mind that I use my keyboard and mouse cca 10 hours a day and sometimes most of that time is some HC gaming. So even though some of the aforementioned pieces aren't that cheap, anything that last over 2 years is good stuff.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by JonBoy2001 View Post
    However, a simple mouse and three pairs of the same USB headphones w/mic, crapped out on me in < 1 years worth of use. So I figure if they can't make their low-end products last, I just won't buy anything from them.
    I'll let you in a little secret: Their "gaming" gear and low end gear is exactly the same technology. Just compare their products in a store and it's blindingly obvious the gaming gear is just the regular crap in a slightly different box. I've had G15 keyboard and G500 mouse and they both lasted about 4-6 months before they deteriorated to a point that I had to buy new ones. Do yourself a favor and try a proper mechanical keyboard and a Razer mouse - they're from a completely different planet quality-wise.

I bought the wave pro kb/mouse combo and loved it. a few months ago the mouse got really wonky acting up. After calling logitech, they said they would replace the mouse but that I needed to send the whole mouse/kb set back. I told them that was impossible because I work daily using the KB and need it. They did not have the replacement mouse in stock was the reason and thusly needed to replace my set with another KB/mouse combo using 1 USB wireless transmitter. I told them I didnt care about that part and would happily accept a mouse with usb transmitter to replace the wonky one. The cheerfully sent me a Performance MX mouse kit as replacement. I got it in two days, and they did not require me to send my wonky mouse back which I can use as a backup (not well but usable in emergency) in case something goes wrong.

I dont buy low end items from anyone. That doesn't mean to say I am rich or buy all highest end. But I do go for quality parts. With the added customer service from Logitech, they have had my business for 10+ years and will continue to do so.

OK, rant time...

I have an old MX300 mouse (basically a G1) that STILL works. I replaced it (with a G9x) because it didn't have enough sensitivity for my taste in FPS games anymore.

Now, here comes the fun part, and I'm sure I'm going to piss off a lot of people.

You are an IDIOT if you buy a logitech (or most any brand) "gaming" keyboard. The actual switches are no better than that no-name $5 keyboard. If you're going to spend $100+ on a keyboard, get one with manual switches that will last for the next 20 years or more...or buy the cheap keyboard. Also, if you're really competitive, USB keyboards have lag over a PS/2 keyboard.

Oh, other fun facts:
    - USB audio devices don't use your audio card and run audio codecs off the CPU, slowing your system.
    - Super high polling rates on mice can slow your system as well (for little gain, looking at you razer).
    - Consumer electronics are not fully tested as that would raise the price significantly. This means you're more likely to get DOA parts or parts that fail soon after you start using them.
    - Most "gaming" components run thin wires that fail quickly if not properly stress relieved (looking at you razer).

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    I'll let you in a little secret: Their "gaming" gear and low end gear is exactly the same technology. Just compare their products in a store and it's blindingly obvious the gaming gear is just the regular crap in a slightly different box. I've had G15 keyboard and G500 mouse and they both lasted about 4-6 months before they deteriorated to a point that I had to buy new ones. Do yourself a favor and try a proper mechanical keyboard and a Razer mouse - they're from a completely different planet quality-wise.
    I've never had a keyboard wear out like that and I'm a heavy user.

Prove it. Prove that Logitech does it, prove that Razer does not. Mechanicals do indeed last longer just by nature of construction, doesn't mean they're better in all aspects however.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    Dont know about low end stuff from Logitech, because i only buy high end. Guess you were unlucky.
    Just buy their mid-high end stuff, those last for years.

Also: never buy from Trust.

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 05:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    OK, rant time...

I have an old MX300 mouse (basically a G1) that STILL works. I replaced it (with a G9x) because it didn't have enough sensitivity for my taste in FPS games anymore.

Now, here comes the fun part, and I'm sure I'm going to piss off a lot of people.

You are an IDIOT if you buy a logitech (or most any brand) "gaming" keyboard. The actual switches are no better than that no-name $5 keyboard. If you're going to spend $100+ on a keyboard, get one with manual switches that will last for the next 20 years or more...or buy the cheap keyboard. Also, if you're really competitive, USB keyboards have lag over a PS/2 keyboard.

Oh, other fun facts:
    - USB audio devices don't use your audio card and run audio codecs off the CPU, slowing your system.
    - Super high polling rates on mice can slow your system as well (for little gain, looking at you razer).
    - Consumer electronics are not fully tested as that would raise the price significantly. This means you're more likely to get DOA parts or parts that fail soon after you start using them.
    - Most "gaming" components run thin wires that fail quickly if not properly stress relieved (looking at you razer).
    So i am an idiot for liking the LCD and the backlighting? Gee thanks. Obviously you are some sort of god who can decide who is an idiot and who is not.

Having a G15 and proud of it. Best investment i made until now. Oh and it was on sale for 70 euros if you wanted to know. Not 100+
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2011-06-07 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    Psst, you're making a fool of yourself.

Logitech and Razer both make about the same "gaming" products quality-wise. Oh, and the gear you broke in 6 months: Nerdrage less, things tend to break faster when you smash them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Psst, you're making a fool of yourself.

Logitech and Razer both make about the same "gaming" products quality-wise. Oh, and the gear you broke in 6 months: Nerdrage less, things tend to break faster when you smash them.
    My thoughts exactly, had mine over a year now.
    You would have to smash it daily if it detoriated that quickly.

Actually im surprised there has not been a new brand wich makes keyboards and mice just for raging gamers. Like reinforce it with some material that can take several hits and stuff. Would be pretty funny. :P Oh and longer lasting warranty ofcourse.