Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    I like what RavenGage said in his post and specifically this:
    "A realistic change would be ask for a glyph that turns GotAK into a Bladestorm-like AoE to use in situations like Maloriak add phase etc."

With some WW or cleave ability the pet will do from double- tripple damage on a lot of adds. But then this would mean that your pet will do 200+K damage ...now thats OP and will be nerfed. Like army of dead which is on 10 min CD and does arbound 30-50K damage. Do you see how good your pet is now?
    How much damage it does would be completely up for tweaking for balance purposes, but it's a fact that Ret simply has inferior AoE than almost all other classes. Enh shammies come to mind as the other terrible class and that's about it. Again, can't compare GotAK to Army any more than one can compare it to Pillar of Frost, apples and oranges.

Either way I don't see them changing the guardian, their fix for the pally AoE iirc was to add some splash damage to a Seal of Command.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    Hehehe paladin tears i see. Yet again. You actually got a brand new ability which lets u stack str, and have a pet attack and still you are crying. There is no satisfying paladins, all shinies should be yours, always.

I like what RavenGage said in his post and specifically this:
    "A realistic change would be ask for a glyph that turns GotAK into a Bladestorm-like AoE to use in situations like Maloriak add phase etc."

With some WW or cleave ability the pet will do from double- tripple damage on a lot of adds. But then this would mean that your pet will do 200+K damage ...now thats OP and will be nerfed. Like army of dead which is on 10 min CD and does arbound 30-50K damage. Do you see how good your pet is now?
    Are you sure you're playing the right game? Paladins tears? They're justified considering the overall performance of Ret in various PvE AND PvP situations. Our AoE is a complete joke. The absolute worst right now. Even with the current buff on PTR, I'd say that's not even enough. In PvP, since the WoG nerf, we're an utter joke. Instead of actually fixing the problem(s) with Paladins, Blizzard continues to band-aid the issue(s). Please don't try to be BA and say that you know what's best for people/classes. You probably play some utterly broken class and try to say idiotic things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamahpla View Post
    Are you sure you're playing the right game? Paladins tears? They're justified considering the overall performance of Ret in various PvE AND PvP situations. Our AoE is a complete joke. The absolute worst right now. Even with the current buff on PTR, I'd say that's not even enough. In PvP, since the WoG nerf, we're an utter joke. Instead of actually fixing the problem(s) with Paladins, Blizzard continues to band-aid the issue(s). Please don't try to be BA and say that you know what's best for people/classes. You probably play some utterly broken class and try to say idiotic things.
    And yet this isn't a thread about the lack of pally AoE or lack of competitive PvP power, it's a thread about how a 20% str + pet CD is "underwhelming" and, iirc is somehow underpowered because DKs have an ablity X that is sort of similar but on a shorter CD.

And now it's probably going to degenerate into Ad Hominems, random comparisons between classes and overall QQ about Ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    And now it's probably going to degenerate into Ad Hominems, random comparisons between classes and overall QQ about Ret.
    Don't worry. If it does, I'll get to smack people. That way, I get to ignore my headache.

As for the current Guardian, they're fixing the "I'm gonna find a healer and smack him!" behavior it shows by having it use the new "Assist" stance they're giving pets (pet swaps targets automatically to yours after a short period of you attacking that target).

As for Camaris' suggested change, immunity to CC for thirty seconds would indeed be a problem. How about immune to snares and can't be brought below 100% move-speed? That way, fear, knockback, and incapacitate affects will still apply.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    It's a decent ability, but the CD is out of line.

Either the CD should be reduced, or the damage the guardian does should be buffed back up to beta levels.
    I agree the CD should be adjusted (along with damage so it's not a buff to it) so that it matches other CD's but beta damage levels were insane, that'll never happen.

GotAK is stupid spell. Dont get me wrong, It is GOOD spell, but they should make it the other way around. Atm guardian is str bonus spell with his attack as small bonus, They should make it so it would be hitting bad guys as main task, with small str boost as bonus. After all, when i summon shining angel with a sword in hand to fight at my side, i would expect him to actualy FIGHT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaris View Post
    What Ciah said.

My ideal Guardian: Remove the stupid AI, autoattack, and meteor effect on expiration; make us transform into the Guardian a la Demonology's Metomorphosis, grant a +20% strength buff, and make us immune to CC and dispel effects for the duration. That would be worth a five minute cooldown, I think. I wouldn't even mind if it didn't stack with Avenging Wrath; I'd rather we had to space out our buffs like Protection Paladins than have everything revolve around blowing all cooldowns at once.
    So basically make ret paladins super op, yeah thats fair.. Basically beast cleave in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Once upon a time, Will of the Forsaken was a 30s buff that granted immunity to sleep, charm, and fear. If you can't see why that's stupidly OP, then I don't know what to tell you. We're already balanced around 8s immunity. So long as we're dreaming, I want AW to grant Flight speed while out of combat.
    I remember Will of the Forsaken. Never bothered me that much, but then, during Vanilla I PvPed primarily as an Arms Warrior and a Ret Paladin; the former wasn't affected except for Intimidating Shout and the latter, Repentance. In general I play melee classes. I'll freely admit that this affects (impairs, evidently) my estimation of how critical those effects are to other classes' survival.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    And yet this isn't a thread about the lack of pally AoE or lack of competitive PvP power, it's a thread about how a 20% str + pet CD is "underwhelming" and, iirc is somehow underpowered because DKs have an ablity X that is sort of similar but on a shorter CD.
    It's not a +20% Strength buff for 30 seconds, though. It's a +20% Strength buff for the last 10-15 seconds of its duration, assuming the Ret and the Guardian itself can stay on target long enough to build stacks. Neither of those conditions is very reliable in PvP, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi View Post
    As for Camaris' suggested change, immunity to CC for thirty seconds would indeed be a problem. How about immune to snares and can't be brought below 100% move-speed? That way, fear, knockback, and incapacitate affects will still apply.
    Honestly this is more what I was thinking of when I spouted off "CC immunity." Imprecise language is imprecise, and I accept full blame for the responses my sloppy use of terminology brought forth. I hadn't thought of the "can't be brought below 100% move-speed," portion - that would help make Long Arm of the Law at least periodically reliable.