Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I use atonement for everything, as long as you weave in normal heals too it seems to work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher0 View Post
    There. Gems fixed. Any other complaints?
    Heh you ask for advice and folks around here are giving them to you, those are not complaints, just suggestions. Take it easy there, put it in such a way doesn't really show that you appreciate their help.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

I'd say that on hardmode. Except Halfus when 2 drakes are down it is not really good to use (or maloriak during green phase).

For normal mode I'd say yes once the boss is mastered. Most boss doesn't hurt at all on normal. That will be even worse in 4.2.

Also keep up the 3 stacks on your tank to maximis the healing.

I used Atonement healing when my guild was just starting off in the raids just to give us that little oompf of DPS, now that our raid is geared to the teeth I only use Atonement on H Halfus, the rest of the time it's just when I'm bored not doing anything else so why not throw a little dps on the boss. The viability of Atonement in 10m raids is not very good, only for one fight really, you should be using your bubbles, GH, Heal, Penance and PoH, if you want throw some smites at the beginning to get your archangel up but yea that's all I can suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyne View Post
    gem all INT

and stats spirit > haste>mastery>crit
    No, stats are spirit > mastery = crit > haste.

EDIT:

I actually use atonement a lot in 10 and 25. If we aren't doing Nef or Al'Akir, we 2 heal and I do just fine using it.
    Last edited by zombiesnakes; 2011-06-07 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems stat priority is similar to resto sham, but I've heard different things about gemming in this thread. What is the correct answer? Int in all sockets unless socket bonus is.....?

(I've got an up and coming Disc Priest, so I'd like to know >.>)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggwolls View Post
    So it seems stat priority is similar to resto sham, but I've heard different things about gemming in this thread. What is the correct answer? Int in all sockets unless socket bonus is.....?

(I've got an up and coming Disc Priest, so I'd like to know >.>)
    I gem for socket bonuses, unless it's something like haste or crit, then I just gem it with a brilliant inferno ruby. My yellow sockets are all int + crit gems, otherwise it's purified demonseyes for blue and like i said brilliant infernos for red.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiesnakes View Post
    I gem for socket bonuses, unless it's something like haste or crit, then I just gem it with a brilliant inferno ruby. My yellow sockets are all int + crit gems, otherwise it's purified demonseyes for blue and like i said brilliant infernos for red.
    Zombie, why would you gem yellow with int/crit instead of int/mst? Are you Disc/Shadow?

No, stats are spirit > mastery = crit > haste.

EDIT:

I actually use atonement a lot in 10 and 25. If we aren't doing Nef or Al'Akir, we 2 heal and I do just fine using it.
    REALLY? :/ It's that straight forward for disc stat priority? Of course I knew it was Int >>> Spirit, but I was under the impression that we were meant to "balance" the rest....

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 03:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    Zombie, why would you gem yellow with int/crit instead of int/mst? Are you Disc/Shadow?
    Well if they were disc/shadow and sharing gear between specs then they really should be using int/haste gems... >.>

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kedavra/simple

This is my Disc priest now some of my gems sockets are not exactly the way i want them but some of my gear is pulling double duty for shadow and disc sets. mastery seems to be the best (imo) stat for attonement spec. you should be using prayer of healing and PW:S along with Smite/holy fire. My Average hps sit around 15k hps higher sometimes depending on group comp, more melee = more hps with smite spec, but Divine Aegis is always my top heal followed closely by PW:S then Attonement.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkysnark View Post
    REALLY? :/ It's that straight forward for disc stat priority? Of course I knew it was Int >>> Spirit, but I was under the impression that we were meant to "balance" the rest....

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 03:15 AM ----------

Well if they were disc/shadow and sharing gear between specs then they really should be using int/haste gems... >.>
    That's with balance implied, my haste ratings are only slightly below mastery and crit, with crit having a higher lead, considering crits generate a large portion of my bubbles through DA. I'm not saying haste should be ignored at all, just that's how my stats are balanced.

I am disc, which I thought this discussion was about in the first place, since it is a discussion about atonement. But I'm not disc/shadow, I'm disc/holy, and have a separate set of gear for when I play holy. My Disc gear doesn't carry over well to Holy so it has its own set.

in 10 man haste is better

so if u raid 10 man go int>>>>>>>spirit>haste>mastery>>>crit

crit is bad unless u heal tanks w/o atonement spec

No, stats are spirit > mastery = crit > haste
    No.
    If you're going with a haste build, haste > mast. Otherwise, mast > haste. Crit is always dead last. And you most certainly should not under any circumstances be gemming for crit. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Liliyah View Post
    No.
    If you're going with a haste build, haste > mast. Otherwise, mast > haste. Crit is always dead last. And you most certainly should not under any circumstances be gemming for crit. :|
    You're insane. Crit is superior to haste for Disc priests because it's where we get a lot of our absorbs. I currently have mastery and crit balances that I have 30% crit and my crit heals + shield are 190% normal heal values. Thanks for not knowing what you're talking about.

You're insane. Crit is superior to haste for Disc priests because it's where we get a lot of our absorbs. I currently have mastery and crit balances that I have 30% crit and my crit heals + shield are 190% normal heal values. Thanks for not knowing what you're talking about.
    Please tell me you're trolling. :|

And as much as I hate referencing EJ, I'm going to do it(even with slightly outdated maths): http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110244-...s_and_Formulas
    Point for point, you will see more throughput by going with haste or mastery than going with crit.

For additional fun, I challenge you to find a mainspec disc priest in the top 100 world guild gemming crit. Surely if you're correct, the min-maxers out there have picked up on the crit bandwagon.

Please tell me you're trolling. :|

And as much as I hate referencing EJ, I'm going to do it(even with slightly outdated maths): http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110244-...s_and_Formulas
    Point for point, you will see more throughput by going with haste or mastery than going with crit.

For additional fun, I challenge you to find a mainspec disc priest in the top 100 world guild gemming crit. Surely if you're correct, the min-maxers out there have picked up on the crit bandwagon.
    Actually EJ is where I got my "mastery + crit is better than haste" belief. I've looked at the numbers, but you're also not looking at the fact that by stacking haste as disc, the only thing you're really getting is faster heals, and a quicker loss of mana. Mastery is the top stat, if your entire keyboard is bound to PW:S and you don't touch anything else. I'm not saying haste is useless, but stacking haste for a Disc priest doesn't make sense. Do you even play a Disc priest?

EDIT:

Stat Priority

For Disc:

1. Get as much Intellect as you can through higher item level gear and gemming.
    2. Make sure every item has Spirit as a secondary stat.
    3. Keep a balance to your other secondary stats. None of them are outstanding, but they synergistically
    increase each other's values.

That's actually from the same link you just gave me.

I personally dislike Atonement (and unfortunately the really awesome Archangel is strongly tied to this style of "healing").
    The main issue is that the usefulness of Atonement scales in inverse proportion to the difficulty of the encounter, meaning that the harder the encounter the less useful Atonement becomes, and to me that's just a waste of talent points.
    (This obviously does not apply to gimmick fights.)

Actually EJ is where I got my "mastery + crit is better than haste" belief. I've looked at the numbers, but you're also not looking at the fact that by stacking haste as disc, the only thing you're really getting is faster heals, and a quicker loss of mana. Mastery is the top stat, if your entire keyboard is bound to PW:S and you don't touch anything else. I'm not saying haste is useless, but stacking haste for a Disc priest doesn't make sense. Do you even play a Disc priest?

EDIT:

Stat Priority

For Disc:

1. Get as much Intellect as you can through higher item level gear and gemming.
    2. Make sure every item has Spirit as a secondary stat.
    3. Keep a balance to your other secondary stats. None of them are outstanding, but they synergistically
    increase each other's values.

That's actually from the same link you just gave me.
    I prefer to selectively quote EJ because unless they put the numbers in front of your face, anything stated should be taken with a huge, heaping pile of salt.

At any rate:
    - Attempting to stack haste effectively churns out a balance of stats. I know because I did it before going back to bubble-spam.
    - Mastery is my god because I am a bubble-spammer. Yup, raiding disc priest and have been since uh... the start of T7. But it takes a fair bit of gear to support bubble-spam. And outside mana cooldowns. >.>
    - How can you dismiss the benefit of faster heals so easily? What's more likely to save lives: a slightly faster heal or a bubble worth a few hundred in absorption that procs after you heal someone?

I prefer to selectively quote EJ because unless they put the numbers in front of your face, anything stated should be taken with a huge, heaping pile of salt.

At any rate:
    - Attempting to stack haste effectively churns out a balance of stats. I know because I did it before going back to bubble-spam.
    - Mastery is my god because I am a bubble-spammer. Yup, raiding disc priest and have been since uh... the start of T7. But it takes a fair bit of gear to support bubble-spam. And outside mana cooldowns. >.>
    - How can you dismiss the benefit of faster heals so easily? What's more likely to save lives: a slightly faster heal or a bubble worth a few hundred in absorption that procs after you heal someone?
    Your last point, I will give you that, but let me ask you this. How likely is someone to die in 1 GCD from full health? If this were wrath, I would say stack haste. Don't let your gear have anything else, but there's no reason anyone should be sitting at such low health that you just suddenly realize they need a heal .5 seconds before they die. So either you're implying that you would only heal targets < 10% health if you weren't bubble spamming, or you're trolling. And bubble spam? You're a completely different demographic when it comes to stat priorities anyway.

Your last point, I will give you that, but let me ask you this. How likely is someone to die in 1 GCD from full health? If this were wrath, I would say stack haste. Don't let your gear have anything else, but there's no reason anyone should be sitting at such low health that you just suddenly realize they need a heal .5 seconds before they die. So either you're implying that you would only heal targets < 10% health if you weren't bubble spamming, or you're trolling. And bubble spam? You're a completely different demographic when it comes to stat priorities anyway.
    Which is why I generally tell people to shoot for haste, not mastery. >.> Although mastery still isn't a bad choice for throughput if you're using PoH a lot.

I think fast heals shine on Chimaeron. More haste, more heals and less deaths if you have shitty reaction time. I think P2 Nef also shows the benefit of faster heals. Some of these bosses on the PTR are fairly brutal and I've been riding my flash heal button a fair bit because my low-haste GH feels a bit too clunky.

Speaking of the PTR though, I wonder how the change to crit heals is going to impact the stat's value. /ponder