Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
    It does actually have effect, like the other people are saying. It's a 50/50 chance the first time you que in a day, if you get ZA like the op posted and you do not finish it, the dungeon finder prio's a ZA over ZG so you have a chance to finish it. When you kill the last boss in ZA and que random again, you can be pretty damn sure it'll be ZG next
    This is the way it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    This. If you leave the ZA before you complete it the RDF tries to put you back in ZA so you get your chance to complete it.
    that's a myth, have tried to do same as OP and i got ZG after i qued, but didnt finish ZA

Quote Originally Posted by Kerstin View Post
    That WILL depend, if you have completed ZA and did not complete ZG you WILL ONLY GET ZG, < this is true, try it out.
    Tried it, didn't work. Queued for random and got ZA, finished it, got ZA again. Have not yet done ZG this lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Makamoka View Post
    Wrong. If you keep doing random ZG/ZA and you have completed ZA, you can still get a group for ZA because you took random, that way it wont make any difference if he complete ZA or not before he gets ZG.

But I think ZA is cursed.. HATE that dungeon, and every time I sign up for a random ZG/ZA on my tank (OR DPS) I ALWAYS get ZA. If I complete the dungeon I still get ZA.. No matter how many times I sign up and complete the dungeon I always end up in ZA somehow.. Or well, 4 out of 5 times I get ZA.. And when i get ZG i usually end up in epic fail groups that dont know what to do or why they are there. =/

Reread his post. "You can only queue for ZG heroic specifically...". He's not talking about random dungeons.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Easy solution: Do your normal 7 random RotZ heroics for the week, and after that, simply queue specifically for ZG. Not that hard. OR you could bypass the valor points and just queue for ZG.

Deleted
    Naw pal that is nothing, its 50-50 chance.I had deadmines like 9 times in a row from random cata heroic a while ago..albeit I have to wonder whether or not it was some new feature to block leaving or bug because whenever I solo queued I got dm untill I finished it.Once I queud with a friend, letting him lead and queu and it broke the chain but when I went solo the DM was back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Exactly what i was thinking :S
    well i have completed 1 time so is locked (correct me if im wrong) even if you kill 1 boss you become locked so you can do only as random after .

people tend to exaggerate when telling about stuff like this. Bet it was more like 5 times in a row

Complete ZA and it should place you in a ZG. Some may call it a "myth", but for me it has certainly been true that if I don't kill the last boss of, say, ZG, the next random will put me in a ZG group (I happen to have farmed ZG hard lately, for the wand(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
    It does actually have effect, like the other people are saying. It's a 50/50 chance the first time you que in a day, if you get ZA like the op posted and you do not finish it, the dungeon finder prio's a ZA over ZG so you have a chance to finish it. When you kill the last boss in ZA and que random again, you can be pretty damn sure it'll be ZG next :)
    The bolded part I can't confirm. The rest is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera
    I don't get it.™

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarihiee View Post
    Tried it, didn't work. Queued for random and got ZA, finished it, got ZA again. Have not yet done ZG this lockout.
    This has never happened to me. and I've been using this method to rush friends on the ZA mount for a while now. Are you sure that when you queued you didnt have anyone who had a ZG lock to the last boss? Sounds odd, I have never heard of that happening from anyone who tried this method.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    people tend to exaggerate when telling about stuff like this. Bet it was more like 5 times in a row
    i wish that was that m8 but since 9.20 since i wake up ...30 minute after que for zg with specific and until now its about 10 hours + ty:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianz3 View Post
    Killing the last boss of a dungeon has no effect on what will come next.
    Given the fact that there are only 2 dungeons in rise of the zandalari thing ... you have a 50% chance to get za ... and u got it all 12 times that s it
    Yes it does. Try it yourself. Go queue for random troll dungeon, and then don't complete it. You will keep getting that same dungeon if you queue for random until you complete it.

If you complete the instance and then queue random again, you won't have a guaranteed shot at the other instance though, it'll be 50/50 again.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 question .... Are you finishing ZA before leaving? and why not just do it Manually

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

FINISH the ZA, don't just dro group. It seems to be, from people's experience, that the dungeon finder will try to put you in the ZA/ZG that you did not complete to give you the "chance." If you completed a ZG, then get a ZA, you're gonna want to finish that ZA rather than just dropping group.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    If you complete the instance and then queue random again, you won't have a guaranteed shot at the other instance though, it'll be 50/50 again.
    Sounds about right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera
    I don't get it.™

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    While there might be an affinity to attach you to an uncompleted dungeon it is not absolute. I have bailed on ZA groups and gone directly into a ZG and vice versa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    FINISH the ZA, don't just dro group. It seems to be, from people's experience, that the dungeon finder will try to put you in the ZA/ZG that you did not complete to give you the "chance." If you completed a ZG, then get a ZA, you're gonna want to finish that ZA rather than just dropping group.
    ok m8 i understand but spending time with ppl that simply dont wanna lisen on tactics is kinda sad imagine trying to say to the tank on halazzi to move him from the area with water totem and simply not doing.. anyway ty for the tips but lets hope atramedes or v&t gonna be more friendly with my hunter:<3

It is impossible to get ZA 12 times in a row in the same day. If you kill even one boss, it locks you to the instance, so the next time you queue for random Zandalari, it puts you in ZG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

i cant believe what some people are posting without using their brains and facts right

if u dont kill jin do, prepare to face ZG until jin do dies (oh suck it, fact is fact, screw your RNG)
    if u dont kill dakaraa, prepare to face ZA until dakara dies

dont come crap about u getting 300 ZG when u freaking quit the dungeon when you see its not what you want,
    there is no way u will get ZA again if your last zandalari dungeon boss kill was dakaraa, if u do get, ill give u my account
    the only way its random is after the dungeon lock resets everyday. thats the random one.
    after u done your 1st random random, then on is all alternating if u do complete it
    if not, happy same dungeon

dont believe? check your armory, its matching dakaraa and jin do kills
    40 dakaraa/ 39 jindo
    40 dakaraa/40 jindo
    40 dakaraa/41 jindo

etc if u do have 400jindo/1 dakaraa, show it here

46 Jin'do kills (Heroic Zul'Gurub) 11 hours ago
    45 Daakara kills (Heroic Zul'Aman) 12 hours ago

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...forge/advanced =) prove is prove, check my activity updates for those kills. if i get 12 ZG in a row like what OP claims, i would have more jindo kills than dakaraa kills?

stupid whiner who quit a dungeon and complain
    Last edited by Hellforge; 2011-06-07 at 07:11 PM.