Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Actually they overvalue DMC:H by an incredible amount. Our dps is actually LOWER than advertised because the trinket got fixed and the Simcraft creators refuse to fix just that trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    Ret isn't my favorite class or spec to play, however good ret paladins are very good. What you're asking for is to make the gap between great paladins and decent paladins smaller, which is how you ended up in World of Samecraft.
    This is how I feel. I play Ret and have playe dret for years because I like how the class feels to me, but also because I personally feel I am good at it. Am I a top player in the world? No. However, I'd be willing to bet I am a top player on my server, especially for my gear level.

Regardless, enough self-promotion, Ret is one of the few specs you can see the difference of a mediocre player to a solid player. Little things really make a difference.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Deleted
    I'd imagine that Ret will be just fine in Firelands PvE-wise as soon as people get used to not having the T11 4pc again.
    We do scale incredibly well with weapon damage especially, so once we start getting our hands on the new 2H's from firelands (Raggys hammer especially...), our dps should be either where we are now or even better, depending on how AoE-heavy fights firelands involves (havent been to PTR, dont know) for the SoR-buff to get a workout and how melee-friendly the fights are.

All in all, I'm looking forwards to 4.2 from PvE-Ret perspective, even though losing the T11 4pc DOES worry me a bit.

I think the devs are balancing Ret around a Single filler rotation too much.

Look @ Inquis, that shit needs to at least be 36 seconds. But its currently balanced for a stack of hopo every 10 seconds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post

Look @ Inquis, that shit needs to at least be 36 seconds. But its currently balanced for a stack of hopo every 10 seconds
    Well, that would make sense since they seem to still be expecting us to stack haste, atleast judging from the itemization of the T12 and firelands gear in general...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post

Inq..and the remaining spells with similar mechanics...needs to go. You can't clear out a bunch of spells because "they ain't no fun" and introduce new spells with the same mechanics. Thats just saying "We don't care if you have fun or not, we just want you to press more buttons".

EJL

we got a buff shortly after 4.06, that made me feel good about myself as a paladin. I think we are getting another buff in 4.2 so we should be in a nice place. I am wondering how I will fare against death knights in arena in 4.2

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rahkarn View Post
    we got a buff shortly after 4.06, that made me feel good about myself as a paladin. I think we are getting another buff in 4.2 so we should be in a nice place. I am wondering how I will fare against death knights in arena in 4.2
    Poorly. Ret isn't really held back by its damage potential. It helps, but the main issues are the vulenerability to dispels, the lack of offensive utility, the reliance on CDs and procs....

EJL

Can anyone point me to solid info on the new blessing mechanics (as in, people who have actually tested on PTR, not guesswork)?

Quote Originally Posted by fantomex View Post
    Can anyone point me to solid info on the new blessing mechanics (as in, people who have actually tested on PTR, not guesswork)?
    What Blessing mechanics? What are you talking about?

derp, ret stands in melee range, usually behind the boss....

ok, I am happy with the changes to aoe, as per single target, lets see how everything scales with the new gears before we whip out the buff ret fist shaking.
    "OP might be on to somthing. I once walked past an alley and I saw atleast 4 Blizz employees beating a man that had on a Rift T-Shirt. They started shouting racial slurs that had no relevance to the man himself and when they were done... they dropped a 2 month prepaid card on his bleeding, beaten body...." Zonas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphicar View Post
    Read the title. "4.2 - Where do Ret Paladins stand?"

WoG is reduced to 10 seconds, and apparently wings is undispellable.

As I said, perfectly fine in PVE and PVP.
    AW is as dispelable as it was on the day it was implemented. This rumor is getting goddamn annoying.

And yes, a 10 second cd is going to be great. Just wait for those 16-18k crits (if you're so lucky) every 10 seconds
    while every other melee just tanks your damage without bothering the healer, since you won't be doing any TVs.

And watch your own health pour down the drain with every finisher he does.

Wake up and smell the post-nerf roses please. The fact that you're at 2700 rating is even worse, you're convincing people of things you haven't even experienced first-hand (even though I can't fathom how you consider 10 seconds to be "perfectly fine" for a spell that heals so low and sacrifices so much damage).

And people will trust your word because you're an experienced pvper. At least say "let's wait and see". Don't give ammo to the "rofl paladeenz are OP" crowd.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post

We are fine with what?
    Damage? LOL
    20 sec CD on WoG?
    No snare?
    Should i go on..?

And you are a 2700 player..jeez..
    can you tell me how much arena's you did after 4.1 hit...? Let me guess - ZERo.
    Unless you have zero resil and are undergeared, fail to use your defensive cd's, can't pillar hump and pull off that 300% holy light, LOH, and don't realize when you pop goak and wings you're a god for 30 seconds of the best burst in the game, you are overstating things.
    A snare, yes, mmmm yes I'd love one.
    Oh wait, repent and hoj.
    Yah that's right, I look at repentance as a snare.
    It's such a crap cc in pvp, may as well consider it a snare.
    imho we do need to have some dispel/spellsteal protection,
    and I won't say ret is the best of the best, but there are shinning moments where you can turn the tables and kick some serious ass.
    Sorry man, I think you might need to work on it.
    Besides if we had all that you'd say it was too easy/faceroll.
    Oh yes you would.
    Last edited by wylatron; 2011-06-09 at 01:16 AM.
    "OP might be on to somthing. I once walked past an alley and I saw atleast 4 Blizz employees beating a man that had on a Rift T-Shirt. They started shouting racial slurs that had no relevance to the man himself and when they were done... they dropped a 2 month prepaid card on his bleeding, beaten body...." Zonas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wylatron View Post
    snip
    I'm sorry I don't even know which one of your "points" to applaud to first. I think I'll go with "LoH" and "300% holy light", there are other good ones, but those top the list.

Bravo.

@Fendel

Where's your sig from, my good sir?
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-06-09 at 01:16 AM.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Unless you have zero resil and are undergeared, fail to use your defensive cd's, can't pillar hump and pull off that 300% holy light, LOH, and don't realize when you pop goak and wings you're a god for 30 seconds of the best burst in the game, you are overstating things.
    All I'll say is you clearly do not do arenas or you're pissed because you got rolled by a Retribution Paladin in a regular BG.

Actually, you can't be a Retribution Paladin if you said 300% Holy Light. You're definitely an angsty pretender who got owned by a Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    All I'll say is you clearly do not do arenas or you're pissed because you got rolled by a Retribution Paladin in a regular BG.

Actually, you can't be a Retribution Paladin if you said 300% Holy Light. You're definitely an angsty pretender who got owned by a Paladin.
    The "god for 30 seconds" and "hoj and repentance as snares" are good too. But yes, LoH and 300% HL win outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    Ret isn't my favorite class or spec to play, however good ret paladins are very good. What you're asking for is to make the gap between great paladins and decent paladins smaller, which is how you ended up in World of Samecraft.
    No, the complaint of the paladin forum is to make the top retpaladins do more than 27-29k single target dps when moonkin, hunters, mages, locks, priests, warriors and rogues can sweep up 35k dps singletarget.
    Look at current WoL / Stateofdps. take the most "fair" encounter ever. Al'Akir certain specs are MILES and MILES ahead of retri dps. I honestly dont care shit about the average retri paladin doing mediocre dps, the top tier paladins (talking about vodka etc) their 2 ret paladins Flash and Skoobah do 26-29k dps, they're among the top 10 retpaladins in the world, now take a look at other top 10 dps specs in the world and you'll see that retpaladins is 6k +dps behind the other "viable" pve dps specs.

HOW IS THAT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING FINE?!

I totally agree with the above poster. I mean rets at the moment are not trash, but from the other hand are no where near where the rest of the pack is.

I really don't understand how is it ok to be an medium to low end spec, but is not fine to be among the first.

Ret's at the moment rely heavy on their cds and to get some decent procs. I am sorry to say this, but this aint a correct class implementation. Someone needs to take his head off his behinds in bliz offices.

A snare, yes, mmmm yes I'd love one.
    Oh wait, repent and hoj.
    Yah that's right, I look at repentance as a snare.
    It's such a crap cc in pvp, may as well consider it a snare.
    imho we do need to have some dispel/spellsteal protection,
    and I won't say ret is the best of the best, but there are shinning moments where you can turn the tables and kick some serious ass.
    Sorry man, I think you might need to work on it.
    Besides if we had all that you'd say it was too easy/faceroll.
    Oh yes you would.
    You realize you can't use LoH in arenas, right?
    And that 300% healing is only if after you get a kill. Also with the cast time on that, it would be a bad opposing team that let you cast that without an interrupt.

Do we have good burst? Definitely. But it is definitely easy to counter, and a good team WILL counter it. Dispell, spellsteal, or just CC the paladin when you see wings.
    Last edited by shadowboxer123; 2011-06-09 at 06:48 AM.

In PvE Ret will be a fine spec. Not top of the list, but not at the bottom either. As far as performance goes, one of the most balanced specs in PvE. Altough this doesnt mean the mechanics are good, just the numbers are.

In PvP we see that a class mechanic is far more important, and there you can see just how crappy Rets mechanics are. Its a poor pvp spec now and itll remain a poor pvp spec in 4.2. Dispells, CCs and poor up-time on target paired with a highly random combat system and poor survivability is just fatal for a class in pvp. The lack of real, adequate tools, just seals Rets fate.

Play it for PvE, but have another class for PvP.