Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    I actually do. And will watch as I continue to do fine in DPS as DW frost. Just as my wife continues to do fine with her Ele shaman. They might go down a hair, but hell. If you class/spec change every single time your class isn't top DPS for the tier, then you've got problems.

I mean, in Baradin Hold or ZA/ZG, sure...

And PvP, forget about it.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Thats cast time of hungering cold, not howling blast :P Hungering cold is your CC ability that doesnt even have much use in pve.

I use it for CCing the adds that Im kiting on heroic conclave, or interrupting the spitecallers on Sinestra. It has important PVE uses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leben View Post
    I use it for CCing the adds that Im kiting on heroic conclave, or interrupting the spitecallers on Sinestra. It has important PVE uses.
    not anymore

DWing as Unholy is like masterbation. You do it alone, and no one wants to hear you talk about doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    My question is, How bad is it really? In 5man heroics, what kind of dmg can be expected? Would it be so low that I would be a hinderance to the group or just 1k or so lower than what properly spec'd, similarly geared DK would do?
    If you have your heart set on playing unholy DW you need to be educated in one small aspect of the DK playstyle. All special attacks (aka any spell you have) bases it's damage on MAINHAND damage when its "weapon damage + xx extra damage". This means that when you DW (and this is true for any class that can DW not just DKs) you only attack with specials with your mainhand unless the spell specifically states otherwise (like mutilate for rogues). The reason why frost is able to be a viable spec for DW DKs is because of the 26 point talent in the frost tree called Threat of Thassarian. Read it and you'll understand why frost is the ONLY viable spec to DW as a DK.