Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I stopped reading right here:

First of all some examples of next generation games that get aesthetic and graphics in near perfect harmony are GW2, Vindictus, Lineage 2 and Dragon Nest.

Rule 1 of Speaking 101: Do not piss off your audience with the first sentence that is biased. You would get points off in an actual class for opening with such a biased statement.

The rest of your post is automatically invalidated with that.
    Saying that certain games are doing it right in regards to aesthetics and graphics is a biased controversial statement that invalidates an entire point?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't help but agree with almost everything in the OP's post. Rift's character animations really bothered me more than it should of. Just goes to show how much things like immersion really matter, not technical stuff.

This wasn't meant to bash Rift btw. It's fun as heck, just optically offputting to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

I liked this, I can relate to the robot-like movement in RIFT. Was one of the reasons I stopped playing, that or the fact that my guild started progressing in WoW again :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Very much agree OP, and indeed a fine read.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess the op likes "Flacid" in his games, ones that offer Female toons with multiple stupid hair styles and huge tits along with pretty little rocks and realistic tree limbs. My experience with games of this nature is they lack content that can keep anyone with a IQ over 50 entertained for more than a few hours. Games take a huge amount of time and money to create. Guild Wars 2 has been in the works for how many years??? 3,4,5 years hell I remember them leaking info about it when GW1 was barely a year old. Games are moving in the way of increased Aesthetics and content as the software that designs them improves but like the games themselves that takes time. With 1080 moving to a standard format I can see that you will have your bit tits and stupid hair styles in all games and engaging content that people actually play for just not all of a sudden.

BTW the small few people that play Darkfalls don't play it for the way things look, they play it because of its hardcore nature.

I agree, most modern day companies drift away from aesthetics. They spend too much time making sure every chin dimple looks real, but then the games have no story. Hell, nostalgia aside, this is the reason games like Pokemon, Zelda, Mario were so captivating. You had a well thought story, and beautiful environment at the time. This is also the reason that WoW is popular. The game has a great setting. The game isn't even a decade old yet it has thousands of years of lore. That and it has a very appealing sense of depth. You think you're actually in a world filled with war, death, plagues, romance, etc. The player models are all drastically different. Everyone has a character that bests fit what they would like. I have a friend who loves playing tauren death knights. Why? Because she is 6 feet plus tall, white furred, and has horns and blue eyes. On a further note she's a tank. What other game gives you depth like that without throwing every bit of a modern graphics engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Mario ... You had a well thought story
    Wait...what? I'm not saying that Mario games aren't fun, but "Save the princess who love getting captured" isn't really a story...

Thank you Mario! But the Princess is in another castle!

Deleted
    Great job with this article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally George Lucas is a hack. If you cannot begin to understand why then highly recommend you click the following link.
    Sorry, I stopped here.

Kidding but..

Bobby Kotick would like to have words with you.

However, I can agree with you on a few of your points, most of the Rift ones, but all I see here is "ITT: WoW > All"

Deleted
    He doesn't really mention WoW, you just really thought of it since it's the first thing that came to mind...so that would imply that subconsciously you agree with his point since you relate pleasing aesthetics with wow, he could have just said the original Fable title.

@Auralian> dude you're not making a point you're just rambling.

Hey Rift is horrible, but GW2 is just great. Wow the op is just a prophet and amazing source of knowledge. Want to know why the OP is full of shit honestly? Aion easily by far has the best character movement then any game on the market OR coming out even the OP's precious GW2.

You know what happened? 3/4 of the NA audience could not even enjoy it. Guess what goto Best Buy and update your Commodores and maybe then American mmo's will start using Crysis engine style gfx in American MMO's.

We will see. GW2 needs to hurry and drop honestly. Tired of hearing these constant lies about it being the god send for MMO's

Graphics, animation, and aesthetic totally make the game.

Final Fantasy 7.

Deleted
    Hey Rift is horrible, but GW2 is just great. Wow the op is just a prophet and amazing source of knowledge.
    Read the damn article or seriously don't post... he mentions GW2 once and you get your panties in a bunch.
    You posted this recently:
    [/QUOTE]

Does this look aesthetically pleasing to you? And before saying he doesn't have a point...yeah it's brown.

Here is a FACT people. Aion gave you this OMG great graphics you wanted and none of you could actually play the game because not everyone is running croff fire dual turbo GFX cards. Stop pretending that ArenaNET has found some magical solution that Trion/Blizzard/Bioware has not thought of.

You do not think in the process of spending 50 million dollars or 90 million+ on SWToR that maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee just maybeeeeeeeeeeeee they never thought of this?

Like I said I wish to GOD they would launch the game already so it would shut the GW2 fanatics up. Get 100 people on the screen and tell me what happens with your super cool eye pleasing graphics

This is not guild wars...it is not instanced..This is open world and hyped as hell. There will easily be 100 people on the screen trying to do the same dynamic event and you will just how utterly broken this game is.

Oh god you're back. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Oh god you're back. *facepalm*
    Hey it is not my fault people are blinded by live streams or private viewings OF ONE guy on a screen hooked directly to a server 3 feet away and assume it will work on a mass scale.

It is like the entire MMO community completely forgot the issues with Aion and think it will not repeat. Here is a quote: Learn from history or you are doomed to repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Hey, that smell is back.
    what the smell of the truth? Let me guess GW2 does not have technological limitations. Thegame engine actually runs on magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Read the damn article or seriously don't post... he mentions GW2 once and you get your panties in a bunch.
    You posted this recently:
    -snip-

Does this look aesthetically pleasing to you? And before saying he doesn't have a point...yeah it's brown.

(not running CLOSE to max settings)
    To summarise - yes it does.
    The art style may not be to everyone's liking but to make inane claims is just stupid. And typical but one would hope that people would grow up and dig deeper past their stupid personal reservations.

what the smell of the truth? Let me guess GW2 does not have technological limitations. Thegame engine actually runs on magic.
    No, the smell of regions of the body that have never been dry.