Deleted

Looking for some guidance on a new build.

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy the parts for a PC over the summer, looking at around ~£1000 for the build. I live in the UK, so obviously any price quotes are best in our money, as I see the $ to £ conversion means we pay about 30% more for everything!

I have someone to build the PC for me, unfortunately he doesn't have the time to help me find all the parts I'd like.

With around ~£1000 to spend, I'm not looking for something ridiculous, running WoW at 60 FPS is more than enough for me, as I currently play on a laptop at 45 and it's fine except for in 25 man raid environments (also have the settings all at minimal currently so I'm very used to playing that way).

If anyone has the time to help me, it's much appreciated.

Cyddles.

CPU: i5 2500k
    MB: Asus p8p67 Pro (Maybe a sabertooth but not needed for general gaming)
    HDD: WD 1-2tb caviar Black 64mb Cache
    PSU: Corsair 650w-850w (Depending if you want to SLI/Crossfire) 650/850Tx(Non Modular) or 850HX (modular)
    GPU: Msi Twin Frozr ii 6970/ Msi Twin Frozr 570
    Case: Haf 932/Corsair 600t (White one for more fans)
    RAM: 4GB 1600mhz G.kill ripjaws
    CPU Cooler: NH-D14 (If you oc)
    SDD: OCZ vertex 90gb (Or 2 40gb ones in raid 0 )

You should be around 900-1k(Pounds)

P.S I took euro price and reduced it abit you should be able to get this build for around 1-1,1k Euro

EDIT: Cheers drunkenvalley
    Last edited by Aminozuur; 2011-06-08 at 12:38 PM.
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

You sound like you're referring to Corsair's PSUs. Might want to make that clear.

Deleted
    Ok, thanks for the pointers Amino, so far I'm at £744, but still have to sort GPU (can't find it on ebuyer?) and is the CPU cooler required if I don't really plan to overclock? I just really want a PC that'll run nicely, play WoW at a decent frame rate and graphics, and for under ~1000.

Chose the HAF case, seems to contain a lot of fans already.

See below for where I'm at:

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/adamn.jpg (can't post links/images yet)
    Last edited by mmocf0520451a3; 2011-06-08 at 01:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Perfect build.

For 250£ you can get a GTX 570. The 650W is sufficient to power that.

And no, a CPU cooler is not required if you are not going to oc.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyddles View Post
    Ok, thanks for the pointers Amino, so far I'm at £744, but still have to sort GPU (can't find it on ebuyer?) and is the CPU cooler required if I don't really plan to overclock? I just really want a PC that'll run nicely, play WoW at a decent frame rate and graphics, and for under ~1000.

Chose the HAF case, seems to contain a lot of fans already.

See below for where I'm at:

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/adamn.jpg (can't post links/images yet)
    If you don't plan to OC, ever, get the i5 2500 and a P8H67

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    If you don't plan to OC, ever, get the i5 2500 and a P8H67
    I'd say both the H- and P-series are redundant now with the introduction of the Z68-chipset.
    However, I've heard there've been troubles with them, but I haven't found anything myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I'd say both the H- and P-series are redundant now with the introduction of the Z68-chipset.
    However, I've heard there've been troubles with them, but I haven't found anything myself.
    There is no need for the Z68 for anyone building a gaming rig. The in built graphics on the chip are disabled in favor of your GPU. It can speed up video encoding I believe, but that's a very limited application.

The H series won't be redundant as long as there are non K series chips.

Overall the Z68 is more expensive than the H67.
    Sure, you can OC with the Z68, but if you don't want to, why spend the extra money?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    There is no need for the Z68 for anyone building a gaming rig. The in built graphics on the chip are disabled in favor of your GPU. It can speed up video encoding I believe, but that's a very limited application.

The H series won't be redundant as long as there are non K series chips.
    What.
    Gigabyte has reportedly stopped producing P67 altogether, and is looking to phaze out H67 as well, in favour of Z68 - and keeping H61 for budget-mobos.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    in line with a sleeping bag for d3 beta and CE
    try overclockers

www.overclockers.co.uk it is a rly nice site with overclocked pc's for not much money

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...d=2040&subcat= try this link a decent pc for hardly any cash
    Last edited by zaïchï; 2011-06-08 at 05:31 PM. Reason: found a decent pc on the website

Deleted
    What.
    Gigabyte has reportedly stopped producing P67 altogether, and is looking to phaze out H67 as well, in favour of Z68 - and keeping H61 for budget-mobos.
    Gigabyte will, because it's profitable. Asus and Asrock will most likely keep them around longer to appeal to more budget focused builds.