Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They's jelly.

But seriously, people in general like jumping on the bandwagon and going with the crowd. Then again, some people just generally don't care of the game, and think going as far as hating on it makes them cool.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong with CoD...but 90% off the players are fecking retarded. +CoD is the most fanboyish community out there...you can't mention any other game or you get full rage ahead in you're face.

You shouldn't confuse me hating the players with hating the game.

I played Call of Duty since the first one for the PC, up to MW2 for a little bit then stopped. Used to like them when they were remotely realistic, but now its more over-the-top Michael Bay style action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I went off Cod during MWF2, after a lot of frustrating online matches. I can see how the direction they're taking is popular; I just don't like it

I think most haters are actually hating on Cod players rather than the game itself
    Hating on the players because they're too stupid to not play the game. Boycott, demand change. Otherwise ActiBlizz will just continue milking

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I agree the CoD franchise is overhyped, but what I dont get is why such a big hate for it, and most importantly their players.
    If you want to know why everyone hates the majority of the players, go join an online game of CoD. You've never played it so you have no idea the type of people that play. I have plenty of friends who play CoD online but I refuse to get it and play with them. Too many little kids acting like idiots for my taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people love to hate

Quote Originally Posted by Larivas View Post
    If you want to know why everyone hates the majority of the players, go join an online game of CoD. You've never played it so you have no idea the type of people that play. I have plenty of friends who play CoD online but I refuse to get it and play with them. Too many little kids acting like idiots for my taste.
    Again have you played counter strike online? Have you played Battle Field online? You guys are retarded for thinking that this is somthing that is only native to COD, Iv played a majority of FPS games online and every single one has just as many retarded little kids as the last, so stop using this as an excuse for your fanboyism.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    I wish you would learn to read since I WAS NOT comparing COD to BF, i was comparing BF to the OLD BF's but your blind fanboyism wont let you see this.
    I can read, I just didn't read enough

Edit: I'll delete and I take all that back..you were comparing CoD to BF...maybe you should learn to write? Someone said CoD is the same repeated crap for the past 5 years...and you said "BF isn't any different"

Uh..that right there is a comparison..lol...

So yea my points still stand. Why is BF better in a lot of people's eyes? Story, sound, graphics, weapons, online play...those are probably the major candidates.

-BF's stories blow MW2's away..that's just a given. I've played every game of both and the only good story CoD had was CoD4.

-BF wins awards for it's sounds. BF's Sound's engulf the gamer and make it a much better experience
    -BFBC2's graphics blow any CoD games graphics away. And BF3 is going to be even better. CoD has been using the same washed up engine for years but they j ust keep tweaking it...and yet they still had people with i7's and SLI cards that got low FPS because they cant optimize the game properly. Oh yea..and they do console ports...BF makes games specifically for PC...that's a huge effing plus in my book.
    -BF's weapons are not only more accurate than the latest CoD but they're balanced. ie Black Ops Famas, Aug, AK74u. And how horrible sniping is now that they tried to "fix" quickscoping.
    -Online play? That's a joke. I have been in less laggy 40player games in BC2 than I have 20 player games in Black Ops. Also it's real fun to have people running around with LW/Marathon knifing people to pad the boards on small ass CoD maps.
    Last edited by Gredge; 2011-06-08 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe similar reasons why other gamers hate world of warcraft?

Deleted
    for me it was simply seeing a slew of these games and thier ilk mashed out over the course of less than 6 months a coupla years back when I worked for a game store

Because when you go on Youtube for example and see a trailer from new Shoter there is alwais a Cod Fanboy compering the game to cod and teling evryone how shety the game is well i'm personaly sick of it i dont care how cod looks like or how you play it why in hell under evry new shoter they post the same shiet !! Thats why ppl hate is so much

It's what guys with small penises do to feel better. They're jelly of Activision and Blizzard earnings (Why do they make so much money off supposed inferior products etc, it makes them so angry in real life that they don't have a part of it, if they worked at one of these companies they would instantly shut up). Want to be cool and get that small-penis frustration out? join the COD/WoW hateclub.

I think it's due to a lot of false idea's formulated by some major figures in the gaming community. Although I quit playing CoD after MW2 due the same sort of storyline happening game after game and really no differentiation in M.P. , the idea's of the CoD community consisting solely of 12 year old children with nothing better to do then get on CoD and rage is ludicrous.

Deleted
    CoD is to Shooters what WoW is to MMOs.

The biggest and most popular but also the most superficial.

CoD is like a Michael Bay movie. Lots of Action, little substance. Other games like to think they have more substance to them (most do).

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    Again have you played counter strike online? Have you played Battle Field online? You guys are retarded for thinking that this is somthing that is only native to COD, Iv played a majority of FPS games online and every single one has just as many retarded little kids as the last, so stop using this as an excuse for your fanboyism.
    It may not be only native to CoD but it is alot more prominent i can go whole Battlefield matchs where no1 says a thing in chat besides gg at the end. Counter strike its been years but i believe everyone would get called a hacker. CoD you kill someone and they rage at you

Quote Originally Posted by Obese View Post
    It's what guys with small penises do to feel better. They're jelly of Activision and Blizzard earnings (Why do they make so much money off supposed inferior products etc, it makes them so angry in real life that they don't have a part of it, if they worked at one of these companies they would instantly shut up). Want to be cool and get that small-penis frustration out? join the COD/WoW hateclub.
    Are you like 11 years old?

Nobody cares how much money a company makes, as long as their product isn't a rip off. Activision has an amazing advertising team and that's how they sell the game. Want proof?

Steam had over 500K Black Ops players day one. After 2 weeks of realizing how shitty the game was, it was down under 100k. Right now it's at 26k.

Not to mention all the video demos were played with the FAILBox. THE ONLY PRIVATE beta was to developers and review sites and it was ONLY for FailBox. The only platform the game worked properly on.

Seriously grow up before you join a conversation next time.
    Last edited by Gredge; 2011-06-09 at 12:11 AM.

All I know is Total biscuit said CoD sucks and then I see a lot of hate for it. one of the only things I've never agreed with him. MW2 suck? pffft bullshit, one of the best shooters ever. MW3, idk probably will suck.

People hate CoD for the same reason that people hate WoW...because it's "cool". Also, the people who hate these games are the ones who complain and vocalize their opinions on an online forum. They are likely to be the minority as well. I personally enjoy both games and, as such, I keep to myself and keep having fun.

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

Quote Originally Posted by Vekrah View Post
    People hate CoD for the same reason that people hate WoW...because it's "cool". Also, the people who hate these games are the ones who complain and vocalize their opinions on an online forum. They are likely to be the minority as well. I personally enjoy both games and, as such, I keep to myself and keep having fun.
    The thing is that the gameplay doesn't suck. It just has been the same for the last 4 games. Run from point a to point b in a narrow walkways, mobs keep spawning until you cross the point, repeat. Atleast in previous CoD games you could just keep shooting until they stopped coming and then progress.

And what really warrants the "hate" from my side, is that each game has gotten progressively shorter, with MW2 ranking whopping 4 hours of gameplay at tops. Yet the price have remained stagnant at roughly 60e during launch.

But sheeps gonna sheep.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Story, sound, graphics, weapons, online play...those are probably the major candidates.
    You really think the lame ass excuse for a singeplayer is better than COD's singeplayer story? What markers are you sniffing? And id hate to point this out but the graphics part of BF leaves alot to be desired, i cant tell you the amount of terribly designed animations iv seen from this franchise dating back to BF2. BF has a nice engine to back it up yet but that doesnt make it automatically Superior.

The thing is that the gameplay doesn't suck. It just has been the same for the last 4 games. Run from point a to point b in a narrow walkways, mobs keep spawning until you cross the point, repeat. Atleast in previous CoD games you could just keep shooting until they stopped coming and then progress.
    And battlefiend is different? In the same genre the same can be said for many FPS games, CS has remained the same game after 3 installments, Halo hasnt changed much, neither has gears.