LastLast

[TV] Most depressing South Park ever...

Seriously, wtf was with that ending? lol

(talking about tonights new episode)

10+ Year Old Account
    i missed qq

Don't think alot of people know what episode you are talking about

10+ Year Old Account
    He is talking about the latest episode that was on tonight.

And yea, that was a really strange ending. But, i have a feeling that one of three things will happen.

1. They will just bring in a deus ex machina where Stan wakes up and all that stuff that happened was just a dream. (this is probably unlikely though because that method is not in Trey and Matts style).

2. It will be a two/three parter episode, and stan will get over his Cynicism or Kyle, Kenny and Cartman will all become cynics to.

3. Trey and Matt are realizing their show is running out of gas, and plan to end it. They did very well with their Broadway show "The book of Mormon" and maybe they want to quit while they are ahead on South park and pursue other venue's. This option would be the most honorable thing to do. 14 seasons is a long time for a show to be around, and after a while, it is time to let sleeping dogs lie. Trey and Matt seem to be smart enough that they dont want their creation to fester and die for 4 more seasons before it is eventually cancelled by Comedy Central.

South Park has had a very very successful run and made Trey and Matt successful. South Park has really made an imprint on pop culture and will forever be a great show. Maybe they realize this and want to leave with their heads held high.

Quote Originally Posted by imtehrogue View Post
    Don't think alot of people know what episode you are talking about
    The one that just came out tonight. (i said that in the OP)

I guess poeple haven't seen it yet

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen it yet because it hasn't aired on west coast yet
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    The crap joke got old in the first 5 mins. Anyone know what was the deal with the hillbillies? Wasn't paying much attention.

yea the first thing i thought after the episode was, i think matt and trey are gonna stop producing south park episodes. if thats what they want to do, then they should. the episodes are really just current events with south park spins on them, and its starting to get old. id like to see another baseketball or orgazmo type of movie from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    The crap joke got old in the first 5 mins. Anyone know what was the deal with the hillbillies? Wasn't paying much attention.
    It was really weird with the hillbillies. They were mad because Stan's dad was "shittin" in his "Britches" to much, so the hillbillies stole all of Stan's Dad's pants to protect them or something. then, in the montage at the end, you saw the cops arresting the two hillbillies and repossessing all the pants.

Didnt really make sense or fit into the plot at all

Quote Originally Posted by Silentsnipe1212 View Post
    the episodes are really just current events with south park spins on them, and its starting to get old.
    Simpsons did it!

id like to see another baseketball or orgazmo type of movie from them.
    And now I need to go and watch Orgazmo again. And watch Baseketball for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea the first thing i thought after the episode was, i think matt and trey are gonna stop producing south park episodes. if thats what they want to do, then they should. the episodes are really just current events with south park spins on them, and its starting to get old. id like to see another baseketball or orgazmo type of movie from them.
    Yea, i had the same feeling. If that is the case, i think this episode arc is the start of the final few episodes. Trey and Matt are gonna give a storyline to explain how the rest of the boys lives are gonna continue. Put the story to rest.

Maybe in like a final heartfelt goodbye between all the friends, or like a harry potter-esqe thing where it shows them all grown up at the end with kids of their own.
    but, im just speculating

Unfortunately I think they are bringing the show to an end, I think they have had their fun and are stepping down. I hope to god I am wrong but it seems like they are letting the show to rest =<, sad times indeed its one of my true joys in the world watching the new episode every week. once again =<

heres a good read. (Possible spoilers alert)
    http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/06/sou...e-getting-old/
    Last edited by MagicMert; 2011-06-09 at 03:45 AM.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

South Park was shit tonight.

No, I'm not a cynical asshole.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMert View Post
    Unfortunately I think they are bringing the show to an end, I think they have had their fun and are stepping down. I hope to god I am wrong but it seems like they are letting the show to rest =<, sad times indeed its one of my true joys in the world watching the new episode every week. once again =<

heres a good read. (Possible spoilers alert)
    http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/06/sou...e-getting-old/
    Wow, that really was a good read dude. Unfortunatly, i think the guy is right. Trey and Matt are tired of the same old routine, they have the talent and the knowhow to pursue other venues, i think they know this more than we do.

But, hey. 7 more episodes left or a great era. lets cherish them

It wouldn't surprise me if the duo is getting threatened by some company for having all their episodes available for watch for free. Matt Stone and Trey Parker support all their content freely-watchable with no strings attached, and the flak they've been getting for that behind the scenes is probably pretty massive. Not to mention the non-stop onslaught of criticism for the show's content itself, although they can probably deal with that just fine.

My guess is they're getting tired. I can't blame them, they've been at it full-throttle since 1997.

15+ Year Old Account

It got old after the 3rd season ;p. Season 1-3 is the best South Park will ever be >.< When the gang goes hunting with those two guys in the hummer, fishing with grenades, almost spilling beer, hunting some monster with Patrick Duffy for a leg, classic stuff.

Latest SP season is pretty shit. Compared to the last one, which was totally awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was actually a real sad episode. Never, EVER thought I'd say that about South Park.

However, Matt & Trey have expressed boredom and being worn out of SP.

You can see allusions to this in this episode:

Sharon: "It's like the same story keeps happening every week, only it keeps getting more and more ridiculous"

"I've been unhappy for a while now," Randy replies.

Also, the two guys stealing britches:

"You sure you wanna do this?"
    "We have to now."

Most likely alluding to Matt and Trey deciding to call this their last season.

Overall, I'm a bit empty on emotion for the whole thing. This season hasn't exactly been the greatest, but South Park (much like the Simpsons) has been something I've grown up with for the last 14 years. I want to feel sad that something I've looked forward to every week is going to be ending, but also sort of glad that Matt & Trey are quitting while they're ahead and not dragging it along like the Simpsons.

Their new musical, The Book of Mormon, has received incredible praise and acclaim, and that's where they're heading next, I feel.

This was the mid-season finale, so we won't be seeing new episodes for a while. Kind of killer.

HOWEVER - I fucking bursted out laughing during the movie previews, goddamn. "Jim Carrey has - oh fuck it, you'll watch it anyways, fuck you. June 27th."

Edit: After watching it again, I'm convinced that the two redneck guys are Matt & Trey, trying to stop the show from "turning to shit" or being crapped on by removing it/ending it - thus the "We have to now." bit.

This has been a wacky episode.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2011-06-09 at 10:15 AM.

i sadly could understand some of it. the fact that current music tv and movies are shit. not that past movies or tv were better. just current stuff is alot worse and not its not cause im getting to old lol. The episode did feel like the beginning of the end of the show though.

Just watched it.....wow. It really is ending. I think it's nice though Matt and Trey are bringing it to a slow finish, and not just abruptly ending it. They're slowing closing any loose ends, and giving the story a finale, it's a nice thing to do for the more loyal fans, give it a nice ending people are happy with.