Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihgnahg View Post
    Link me your World of Logs please.

@ Crunkjuice: I did adds bro; and doing those adds I can say that since my DPS relys a lot on Procs for high hitting crits/ HB; it is hard to get those procs when you NEED them to kill the adds spot on; where as at the beginning of Cata I could do that as UH easy.

Frost is not where it could be; it is mediocre at best from all logs I've seen with good players as other classes. Hunters/ Mages/ Locks/ Rogues/ Ret pally's/ Feral Druids are all coming out on top of us from what I can see.

You do realize that those 4 right there (Bolded for you, since you seem like the type that might need it) are PURE DPS classes. Meaning they cant do anything else. At all. DPS is all they can do. IMO, this is the way it should be. Pures on Top, Hybrids on bot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea; and on top of that DKs aren't like Shamans where raids can really make use of them. You don't NEED a DK; and without doing good DPS, who's to say raids aren't going to pick up new DKs unless they have a long standing member already with them?

And again. Blood is tank, some people don't like to Tank. I don't know how people can't read and see I clearly do NOT want to tank..
    iirc, paragons world 1st sinestra didn't have a shaman...as in not a single one. So you don't NEED a shaman

IN ZANDALARI's
    i heard theres a damage buff in heroics now,it was put there like a while ago.whats your deeps in 10-25 man raids with no damage buffs
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2011-06-09 at 03:32 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are struggling as a DK right now you are doing it wrong. No way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    You should tell that arcane mage to start manage his mana.

Anyway to OP, i can understand your frustration, but there are classes far worse off. Look at elemental and enhancement for example, 2 shit specs in 1 class.
    Yea agreed.

And some people are being retarded with their comments. I pull 22-27k in heroic raids (ON AVERAGE), more or less on some fights. Compared to a lot of other people it is lower. I find some of these comments of "you are noob, reroll" hilarious. Try raiding in a 25 man heroic raiding guild, and comparing DPS not in 5 mans or 10 man pugs on a bad server.

I doubt this guy has ever stepped foot into an arena. Their damage nerf is directly related to pvp. If you've ever played against a DK in arena its god awful, such a face roll class. I wish they would take them out, nobody likes them in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkins View Post
    If you are struggling as a DK right now you are doing it wrong. No way around it.
    No one side I was struggling; I'm saying how it is compared to others.

wtb buff for unholy...

I'm tired of having limited dps.

333 ilevel - 11k dps (pre 15% 5m)

346 ilevel - 14k dps (10m valiona)

359 ilevel - 18k dps (25m atramedes)

I'm not bad...I'm not a master either but really can we unholy get some buffs...

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    I doubt this guy has ever stepped foot into an arena. Their damage nerf is directly related to pvp. If you've ever played against a DK in arena its god awful, such a face roll class. I wish they would take them out, nobody likes them in pvp.
    I don't hard core PvP but it is annoying that we can't 3 shot people anymore.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    your forgetting that one of those two viable specs for pve is currently one of the worst dps specs to go right now
    No, I'm not. Your two viable specs are Blood and Frost. You have a tank spec which is more than viable and you have a DPS spec which is also very good.

More than some. But there are TWO classes that don't have more than one DPS spec; and as you can clearly see that Shadow Priests and Ret Paladins are pretty good.
    What is your point? Just because they have less DPS specs than you doesn't mean they should automatically be less awesome than you.

It has already been mentioned that this tier of raiding was NOT melee friendly. Ranged DPS will most likely beat you in most if not all fights in T11 content. So complaining now is not only late, but only bringing up something that has already been mentioned and QQ'd about.

On the other hand you can try being a Fury or Arms Warrior. They don't bring anything that a Pure class can't offer at all. At least you can Brez people if needed

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

What the hell? More nerfs, no buffs? I can deal with being low for a patch, but being shit for 2 patches is kinda annoying. On top of the fact that we give NO unique buffs at all, even if we were to get gear with guild runs; what happens if we want to pug? Will people start saying "No sorry, DK DPS is shit; don't need you." Starting your own group might be easy, but dealing with pugs as a raid leader for too long gets annoying, and the people that bitch at the failed runs that will inevitably be made. I don't like being towards the bottom, and I'm sure no one else does; and it will be damn hard for some people to find a new guild if people rate you based on your DPS. (Which I know is wrong, but there are a lot of guilds that do it.) So what is there for a DK to do?

Edit: It's for the DK community to comment; not asking for Blizzard's attention.
    I'm confused, by your sig and your title I would assume you are a good player, but your post suggests otherwise.

1. Most classes don't bring a unique buff to the table.
    2. Frost DK's are outperforming many other classes in raids, Unholy not so much but that's when it's time for you to respec or deal with it.
    3. If you think DK's have been "shit" this patch, I suggest you look at arena rankings and WoL, they have been more than competent in 4.0 and 4.1.

The nerfs coming in 4.2. are not game destroying for DK's either.

i heard theres a damage buff in heroics now,it was put there like a while ago.whats your deeps in 10-25 man raids with no damage buffs
    as I said, I don't raid with it atm but this is getting intriguing enough to make me try it this lockdown. I'll do a run in BwD and get back with some data if the topic is not dead 'till then

really? so what about the people who dont want to tank and want to dps
    Well tough. I wanted to DPS but I was forced to tank, what makes you so special?

I doubt this guy has ever stepped foot into an arena.
    i dont think you've ever played a dk in arena,they arent really all that great to be honest

but i havent did arenas in forever so maybe dks in pvp have changed since then

Quote Originally Posted by misterbeefy117 View Post
    Well tough. I wanted to DPS but I was forced to tank, what makes you so special?
    and there was me thinking that it's sad wanting to dps and being forced to heal since like...4.0.3 damn the shamans! :P

Quote Originally Posted by misterbeefy117 View Post
    i dont know,i wouldnt really play a role i didnt want to do.regardless if my raid leader felt like "forcing" me to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaj View Post
    and there was me thinking that it's sad wanting to dps and being forced to heal since like...4.0.3 damn the shamans! :P
    Priest healing is fun :P I'd think Shaman healing is even better?

I hate dks because they are DKs, thus everything they say is innately wrong because they are a DK and I hate them.
    ^ Is about 9/10 posts so far in this thread.

To those saying other classes are worse off, that's true, that sucks but that's not what was brought up for discussion. The argument "Some people have it worse" does not magically remove what slightly-less-worse someone has now. Furthermore, if the argument someone has it worse does negate the lesser sucking of someone else, then the opposite should apply too. The discussion should be changed to those who are consistently above the current level of suck being discussed getting nerfed, right...if that made any sense to you I am rather intoxicated at the moment.

Regardless, OP, give it up. Nothing can overpower biased opinions or stupid people. It's not worth the effort to attempt to communicate with them.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Priest healing is fun :P I'd think Shaman healing is even better?
    It might be fun, but only if you don't look at the numbers.