Need some advise on another resto...

We had a few issues with numbers for our 25m raid team over Easter and we decided to take the 10m casual players into our main roster
    We were 8/13hc before Easter and no progression with recruits and gearing casuals
    From the casual team we got another resto druid, I am one as well.
    From my point of view, as a senior member of the healing team, we should be aiming for optimal spec's and gearing.
    I had a look at his spec and gear and I had a few questions:
    Qu 1) What was his spec aimed at : Raid/Tank
    Answer: It's a spec for both and focussed on Tank
    [No Living Seed?]
    Qu 2) Why have you not got any of the haste caps? He was at 652
    Answer: Mastery is better
    Qu 3) Why have you taken 2/3 Furor and not Moonglow?
    Answer: I don't have issues with mana and Furor is only for innervating other people, I can spam Healing Touch all fight without going oom.
    [During a 4hr Raid - he casted nourish and healing touch a total of 10 times, even when assigned to tank healing]
    Qu 4) Have you researched your spec and gear combination and how did you come to your conclusion?
    Answer: He has and a lot of sites have said mastery is better for HPS and he goes on to say that his healing and is "fine".

http://www.maskedarmory.com/wow-armo...ile-37598.html

Should I be concerned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Should you be concerned? How is he doing in fights? Is he repeatedly coming bottom of the meters? Is he pulling his weight? If it's a yes & a no, then yes you should be concerned.
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

1) Meters mean little for tank healing and is not a good judge for raid healing (sniping is bad)
    2) From my point of view, pulling your weight includes optimal gear and spec's.

My concern is that he see's no issue with sub-optimal gear / spec combination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plasm View Post
    This.

He doesn't know anything about his spec. If you are a focused tank healer you take LS.

For someone who does both roles he wants the haste cap, mastery is not better.

He's assigned to tank healing and not direct healing. That means he doesn't have the mana for HT or the knowledge to spam nourish. Hots don't keep tanks up, so others are having to pull his weight when he's tank healing if that's really all the direct healing he did.

He thinks he wont have mana problems, but there is a difference between a casual 10 and a 25 HM group. He's going to have a lot of problems. I would stay far away from that app. If he's willing to listen to you and learn, that's great. If he thinks he's healing correctly as is and wont change, may want bench him. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plasm View Post
    1) Meters mean little for tank healing and is not a good judge for raid healing (sniping is bad)
    2) From my point of view, pulling your weight includes optimal gear and spec's.

Sorry what I meant came out wrong. I meant the data that comes out when you click on the players name in recount, apologies.
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

Deleted
    From what you have said I'd be very concerned aswell.
    Whilst not really trying to call this druid names no fool is as bad as the fool that thinks he's wise.

Out of interest do you have any logs of said druid?

I have one from last night, but would prefer not to disclose name.

I'd be concerned as well. He seems absolutely clueless. I'd like to see those sites that supposedly claim mastery is better.

You say you have a log, how did he rank? I understand that healing meters mean little for tank healing, but you did mention he didn't really tank heal (low number of HTs&Nourishes).

On that note, you mention he casted HT and Nourish only 10 times, what does the "Healing Done To" breakdown look like?

Did the other healers think their job was harder with him around?

Those are all important points to look at and consider.

Thumbs up

Total stats from kills only, assigned as tank healer for all
    Magmaw, Omnitron, Atramedes, Maloriak, Chimaeron

Spell_______________________Healing_done_________Hits______Crits_____Direct_Heals_______Ti cks
    Wild_Growth____________8316757______34.70%_______0________1655______1655________5975
    Rejuvenation____________5956568______24.90%______0_________478_______478_________1495
    Lifebloom______________3123941______13.00%_______0_________817_______817_________1369
    Efflorescence___________1973618______8.20%____________________________934__________934
    Swiftmend_____________1127865______4.70%________45________11________56
    Tranquility_____________1088878______4.50%________41________19________60___________176
    Rejuvenation__________1061010______4.40%_________________________________________492
    Lifebloom_____________895745_______3.70%_________54________18________72
    Nourish_______________272553_______1.10%_________44________12________56
    Regrowth______________144103_______0.60%_________7_________19________26__________17
    Healing_Touch___________1616_________0.00%________1___________________1

This doesn't look unusual, except that he was raid healing, not tank healing. How good/bad it is cannot be determined without comparison.
    Maybe he didn't understand he should be healing the tank? (This kind of assignment does not make sense btw.)

For comparison, my effective healing distribution across all kills in BWD 10 from last week (4 hc, 2 normal, mostly cross-heal):
    Wild Growth 25.4%
    Rejuv hot 24.3%
    Lifebloom hot 14.3%
    Efflorescence 8.5%
    Healing Touch 8.2%
    Swiftmend 5.6%
    Rejuv initial 4.5%
    Tranquility 4.1%
    Lifebloom bloom 2.0%
    Regrowth 1.4%
    Living Seed 1.2%
    Nourish 0.6%
    source
    Last edited by Thalur; 2011-06-09 at 02:45 PM.

The assignments were clear and posted at the start of each boss, by me.
    Using druids on tanks is something we utilise a lot. We don't do 10mans at all.

We only had 1 pally, an alt reroll in mostly 359/346, was the partner to this druid
    Other pair was me and a Priest
    Raid healers were 2 shammies and a Priest

My distribution although I was raid healing on one fight
    Wild Growth 28.20%
    Rejuvenation 14.50%
    Lifebloom 11.20%
    Healing Touch 9.70%
    Tranquility 8.60%
    Efflorescence 8.50%
    Nourish 6.70%
    Living Seed 3.60%
    Swiftmend 2.90%
    Rejuvenation 2.80%
    Regrowth 2.60%
    Lifebloom 0.80%

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 04:39 PM ----------

Just looked at the link and it doesn't show the spec or the mastery

Mastery 18.12 (1814 rating)
    Intellect 5490
    Haste 5.09%
    Crit 16.69%
    Mana Regen 3597
    Combat Regen 2263

Spec
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hfZMZ...uouo:VocmbV0cz
    Last edited by plasm; 2011-06-09 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol botg. Looks like he just doesn't want to tank heal so is too stubborn to spec or heal correctly. Throwing raid heals while tank healing is great unless the tank dies. But, you need to be speced correctly. As a designated tank healer NB and LS are necessary and his direct healing is way, way too low. What was the pally like? Maybe the pally had it under control so he decided to focus raid healing. But, that would ONLY account for the logs.

Spec, stat choices, clear misunderstanding of his class would prove otherwise.

As said, talk to him. He needs to change or you should probably sit him. Fights where the tank are going to be getting rocked him not correctly tank healing is going wipe you. Putting him on raid heals is fine, but not sure how much you want someone on the team who doesn't follow directions.

The pally healer is a good player, undergeared but competent, his main is a DK and we got him on his pally as we had none online.
    Even if we assigned him to raid heal, in my opinion his gear is not optimised for it, 652 haste and 1800 mastery...
    We did a night of Nefarian last night and he did (as tank healer)
    358 Nourish , 41 Regrowth and 0 Healing Touch

He was assigned to the Add tank in P1 and a Pally (P1 assigned to Nef Tank) and I (Assigned to Ony Tank) joined him to heal for P3
    At the end of each try I would have done about 25% more healing on the Add Tank for the fight duration.

I checked a few times the Add Tank died and only HoTs rolloing and I noticed 2 of my raid healers using their emergencies heals on him and he still died.

10+ Year Old Account
    =/

Probably just a lost cause then. He's not speced or set up correctly to raid heal. He claims he is for tank healing when he's not. And even though he claims he is set for tank healing, he doesn't do it, at least not even close to correctly. I'd probably just talk to the GM and have him go dps or replace him. Like said, you can try and direct him here or EJ and see if he fixes his...everything, but I really doubt he will.