Deleted

Give me an advice on how i should start

Okay, im a warrior that just dinged 85, and im tank.

And i dont know why when i enter a NORMAL cataclysm 5 man, and tell them that i havent done it before, they start to all leave!
    My gear is tanking gear, with some greens from Twilight highlands, but 2 epics and some blus too, i have some non-tank items, but they arent that much and they are there only because i dont have anything better
    My armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../kazzol/simple

How should i start? What should i do? Everyone, when hearing from me that im new, because im new, starts to complain and leaves.
    Now, i have green gear, yes, but that dosent mean im a bad tank, i can hold aggro on bosses and AoE aggro. And i learn bosses easily from first or second try.
    What is your opinion?

Lie to them and pretend like you know exactly what to do. If you wipe blame the healer and say the dps in the group would do more damage if they just went melee.

Unless it's changed, after a wipe you can ditch the group without penalty and requeue for a new instant group.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are still some of us out here who don't care as long as you are trying your best and aren't making massive mistakes every pull. Just keep trying.

I diagree with Karteli. I think you should keep being upfront about your lack of experience. It is really uncool when players wipe the group because they didn't understand a mechanic and didn't speak up about it.

As an alternative, try to find people on your server (if you dont have guild mates, try trade) who will group with you for awhile. "Fresh 85 tank looking to get experience in cataclysm normal 85 dungeons. Trading instant-queues for people who are patient enough to explain the fights." You'll likely get some folks on their alts enough to get you experience with each dungeon so you don't have to worry about your experience scaring away people in LFG.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The first time is the hardest time. If you've done it once already ....

It's in the language you use in chat also. If you say, "Hi guys this is my first time here so pls be kind and give me some real good advice" then they'll be more likely to leave. If you say, "gearing up here, so go easy on the burst" then they'll prob be fine. u should only need to ask for advice on boss fights, and they wont mind you doing that providing youve done the trash fine beforehand.

remember, a decent tank is way better than no tank. you dont have to be the dogs bollocks. you just need to get your guys through.

having said that, you have an average item level of 333 so anyone who says you're undergeared for normals is a total douchebag.
    Last edited by Incandio; 2011-06-09 at 05:09 PM.

Hey, it's Normals, as you stated...don't lie to them, because your gear will give you away. Just keep trying and re-queing, until you get some people who are willing to help you along.

I have a ilevel 357 Priest, and I still do a couple of normals a week, just because I like to help out...I'm almost sure I'm not the only one!

If it's any consolation, Kazomir, this is pretty much what all tanks have to go through.

It's so much better, to do this with guildies, but it shouldn't stop you...just remember, you have insta-ques...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluepoet View Post
    Hey, it's Normals, as you stated...don't lie to them, because your gear will give you away. Just keep trying and re-queing, until you get some people who are willing to help you along.
    This is so true, just dont tell u havent done it before. If u wipe because u stood in fire or whatever, u blame healer for not healing u thru it or blame the dps for not killing the boss in 10 seconds.

In my opinion, don't lie about not doing normals before, be upfront with them, but once you're in to heroics I think that you should look up on the mechanics of the fights so you can spare yourself the embarrassment of asking. It will also help you in the future to take notes on any boss fights if you wish to raid at all

I would say search your server for other warrior tanks for advice on warrior tanking if your having a hard time with it, run with guildies or just keep plugging away at pugs till you find a understanding group. Normals are after all the time to learn the cata dungeons in my opinion. Some people (like myself) might have a hard time running with a warrior tank. I know for me no matter how much time I give them to gain aggro I still end up with it and that might be the same situation people in your groups are facing as well.

could also always try RobBossMods add on it's usually good for beginners at explaining the fights
    Last edited by hollowed454; 2011-06-09 at 05:51 PM.

Re-roll noam mage

Deleted
    Also - whilst you're at the AH have a look around for http://www.wowhead.com/item=55881/impetuous-query trinket. It should be cheap now this late on and is pretty damn good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriana View Post
    In my opinion, don't lie about not doing normals before, be upfront with them, but once you're in to heroics I think that you should look up on the mechanics of the fights so you can spare yourself the embarrassment of asking. It will also help you in the future to take notes on any boss fights if you wish to raid at all
    Yes, once you've done them on normal, the heroic fights are similar enough that you won't need to ask. Maybe a quick "anything different on heroic?" sort of thing, or you can just read guides.

But please, for the sake of the rest of your group, don't pretend to know what you're doing when you don't and certainly don't blame other people for your mistakes. That's why there is so little civility in LFG nowadays. It just aggravates the cycle.

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Helfarch View Post
    Also - whilst you're at the AH have a look around for http://www.wowhead.com/item=55881/impetuous-query trinket. It should be cheap now this late on and is pretty damn good!
    I got mine for 40g on my server! There were so many listed that they were very cheap. Very well itemised trinket for a warrior tank.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Why don't you just read a bit up on bosses / watch a few vids? You'll get the basics, surely enough to get succesfully through a normal dungeon. It won't take long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    There are still some of us out here who don't care as long as you are trying your best and aren't making massive mistakes every pull. Just keep trying.
    Agreed, and well said.

To offer some of my own insight on the situation...it's because (these) people want to get to the end of the instance as absolutely fast as possible...the priority is reading the last page, not getting pleasure out of reading the book.

That said, I think there *are* some patient players left...who enjoy the journey more than the bonus points for getting to the end.

I also think, if I'm being fair, that there're folk who *know* what PUGS can be like a lot of the time...so would just rather not bother if things even hint at being less than optimal. It's not that they think that you can't do your job...but just that they know that if you're learning, all it takes is one bad apple to make the experience a nightmare.

I just had a random thought...but it does seem as if we're paying the price for a carrot/reward based dungeon system...when I play portal 2, the buzz is in solving the puzzle...when people do an instance, the buzz is in the 50 points they get that means they can buy more stuff. If the buzz comes from the stuff then people will want the stuff faster and therefore try to get themselves in to a group that will deliver those points as quickly as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get all the crafted gear you can and run normals until you replace all the shit you have from questing. Also try to roll with a guildy/friend healer who you know is decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei View Post
    reforge off all your hit into mastery and same for expertise. This isnt wrath anymore. I have neither on my pally and held agro in BoT just fine last night.
    He's not having issues with aggro -- in fact he specifically said he was holding threat fine -- he's having issues with people being scared off in normals just because he's fresh 85.

(the reforging advice is still good, though)

| twitch | bsky
    |

Just keep chugging along. Make sure to remember bad experiences have a stronger effect and can distort how you feel. If I do 5 really good instances, followed by a horrible one, Im likely to end the night on a bad note regarding LFD even though the mass majority were good.

Hence, try to make it a mental note to remember that and keep it in perspective. Ask people more knowledgeable in the class, be open to criticism, don't blame others for your mistakes, etc etc.

Welcome to the WoW-Community