7. This poll is closed
  • Junior Dos Santos

2 28.57%
  • Shane Carwin

5 71.43%
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Junior Dos Santos vs Shane Carwin

The fight is quickly approaching so time to call it boys and ladies. Who do you have winning? Also if you are feeling confident in your pick call a round and maybe how your pick wins.

I, being a JDS fan, is picking my favorite to win in the middle of the second round by KO.
    "Before them the earth shakes, the heavens tremble, the sun and the moon darkened, and the stars no longer shine."

Dos Santos is quicker. Unless he gets sloppy in his defense or gets taken down, which I don't see happening, because he has pretty good takedown defense from what I have seen. Shane will need to get the 1 hitter quitter on Junior to end it. I don't see it going further than 2 rounds, unless they get too afraid to step in and punch each other, then we could see a boring match.

I feel Carwin will try to employ a gameplan similar to his fight with Frank Mir. Push him up against the cage, put his weight on him (be interesting to see what fruits his new strength and conditioning regiment has bore, if any) and utilize the clinch to throw some short punches and work for a take down. I'm excited to learn 1) has Carwin adjusted his cardio enough to go beyond the first round without being exhausted and 2) how well does JDS adjust to a fight if he's put on his back. I honestly wouldn't want to pick a favorite in this fight. My head says JDS because we've seen him go the distance, but I would like Carwin to win. Regardless, I feel they both get put down by Cain.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with nbm02ss.
    Up against the cage, neutralise JDS' wish to abuse his superior boxing skills and speed, open the upper cut box.

I'm gonna go early/mid round 2.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of JDS and Carwin, and either would be a result in my book, but I do think Carwin/Valasquez is a better fight.
    I don't think Carwin is going to gas this time round, Ford is phenomenal at what he does.

And lets not forget, Carwin's chin has been hit a few times, I can't remember anyone giving JDS' chin a proper test....

I will piss if in the first 20 seconds of round 1, JDS goes for the takedown mind.... XD

I love fights where I'm cheering for both people! But I'm giving a slight edge to Carwin. I feel like if each were to get caught by the offense of the other, Carwin has a better chance of enduring it and rebounding.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Carwin will win this fight, via TKO round 1

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go

Good night of fights overall. Looking forward to JDS vs. Cain. Haven't been this stoked for a HW fight since Fedor vs. Cro Cop. Both fighters seem nearly invincible going into this one. Just hope Cain is 100% after his long layoff from shoulder surgery.

I would vote Carwin in the first or second round. I think Carwin can put alot more pressure on JDS then big country did and I dont think JDS has fought a guy as big or as strong as Carwin. I like JDS but with a new cardio trainer I think Carwin has this. Plus I would love to see Carwin and Cain go at it.

While my prediction wasn't precise, looks like JDS takes this one. He will need a good strategy to beat Cain. He will probably work on all aspects for the fight, wrestling, BJJ, kick-boxing and maybe even some mui thai. I think he already has boxing down pretty decent he just needs to be more well rounded for Cain fight, because Cain will press the match.

Well, Carwin weathered the storm like I expected. It just didn't do him any good. Looked like he had JDS in a choke at the end of one round. Bad timing for him. When you're down that far you have to push.
    Good fight.