15+ Year Old Account

Firefox & Chrome - Firefox is way darker

I'm having an issue with Firefox atm. It has very low brightness on some sites' certain features, especially tables and layers and their backround images/colors. This happens in my blog so it becomes hard to create graphics for it that look nice on all browsers.

Firefox screenshot:
    http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8...efoxsample.png

Chrome screenshot:
    http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/6...romesample.png

As you can see, Chrome has more brightness when I visit the page and shows the site in it's true colors.

Anyone know what's causing it? Any similar issues? I haven't tested IE or Opera etc so don't know which browser is faulty, though they all have their differences

Edit: SOLVED. Images that don't have web colors seem to cause the issue. Bad Firefox!
    Last edited by Kuja; 2011-06-09 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be the way Firefox handles the CSS. I'm sure there's differences in the coding. Post screenshots of this thread please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Test the page in other browsers - it looks like the backgound isn't a colour, rather an image, which can cause it to render differently. Also if it's not one of the 250-something web safe colours then it will generally look different across browsers.

Try browsershots.org and check what each page looks like in different browsers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    It could be the way Firefox handles the CSS. I'm sure there's differences in the coding. Post screenshots of this thread please.
    I don't see any difference in this thread, no matter which browser I use So it must be site related.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    Test the page in other browsers - it looks like the backgound isn't a colour, rather an image, which can cause it to render differently. Also if it's not one of the 250-something web safe colours then it will generally look different across browsers.

Try browsershots.org and check what each page looks like in different browsers.
    Aight. Though it's a .jpg file so Photoshop does not give the option to save with different colors, me thinks. Just the matte, quality and format options. I should try to save the background as a png instead. Thanks for the link, will check it out!

Edit: PNG didn't work either, but I saved it as a gif (eww) and got the option to use web colors. It worked! Thanks
    Last edited by Kuja; 2011-06-09 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I don't see any difference in this thread, no matter which browser I use So it must be site related.

Aight. Though it's a .jpg file so Photoshop does not give the option to save with web colors, me thinks. Just the matte, quality and format options. I should try to save the background as a png instead. Thanks for the link, will check it out!
    Is it your website? :O

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Is it your website? :O
    The blog? Yup! You can see it for yourself here now that the colors work again :P http://kujasgoldmine.blogspot.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    The blog? Yup! You can see it for yourself here now that the colors work again :P http://kujasgoldmine.blogspot.com
    Blogspot uses a CSS template system. Essentially, you have two separate websites that render on the browser. You're getting a different website on Google Chrome than Firefox, really.