Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Look at the current world war thing. You see some of the craziest teams now like the Ambush vs Ambush (or whatever the names were) squad.
    That was the point of it - to show how the older generation of Ninjas was surpassed by the next one.
    Seemed legit to me.
    Say WHAT?! Did you read it backwards?
    I don't know where you're coming from, but the Ninja war is a pretty damn nice ending to the series :P
    Even though I wanted it to end after the Pain arc.
    Last edited by HazardYo; 2011-06-10 at 08:11 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins

10+ Year Old Account
    what seemed like 100 filler episodes of him doing nothing but eating ramen ruined it for me lol :P i liked it for a bit though

Fillers are all fucking useless.

"Let's put in an arc of fillers now so we don't have to do fillers later." Deeerp.

The manga was good, now it's just progressing far too slowly and with too much bullshit sidestory faggotry.

The anime was good as well, until Episodes 134 to 220 happened. Like 3 years of strait up pointless fillers. Shippuuden was making up for it, until the legendary fillers struck again!

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HazardYo View Post
    That was the point of it - to show how the older generation of Ninjas was surpassed by the next one.
    Seemed legit to me.

I don't know where you're coming from, but the Ninja war is a pretty damn nice ending to the series :P
    Even though I wanted it to end after the Pain arc.
    Imo it looks more as if the writer has no good inspiration anymore. Oh look, both armies lost 50% of their people *tumtumtuuuuuummmmm*. Fighting scenes used to be pretty good with loads of different techniques and stuff, now it seems to be over in 2 pages, take that Samurai guy vs the toxic ninja guy. Slash and over. The backflashes take 20 times as long as the actual fight which seem to be going extremely easy.

It should have ended after Pain, because that was a really amazing arc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting scenes used to be pretty good with loads of different techniques and stuff, now it seems to be over in 2 pages, take that Samurai guy vs the toxic ninja guy. Slash and over.
    Meh, 90% of the Ninjas currently fighting are damn weaklings compared to the actual main characters :P
    I see where you're coming from, but the long and nice fights should come soon enough.
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not the best but its amusing enough to keep following.
    The flashbacks are getting out of hand to and the character building has gone a terible way making themm all 1 dimensional.

Bleach is still worse to and has been rubbish since after the espadas died. Aizens fight was handled in the lamest way. + Gin's part was cut so short while it could have been handled great

Deleted
    Meh, 90% of the Ninjas currently fighting are damn weaklings compared to the actual main characters :P
    I see where you're coming from, but the long and nice fights should come soon enough.
    Still, I doubt they come anywhere near the old fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, I doubt they come anywhere near the old fights.
    I dunno about that.
    I haven't seen them yet, after all :P

The thing also is, think about if every single mini-fight during the war was highlightened in 20 chapters.
    Freaking thing would never end, since there are like a thousand different 'important' characters fighting :P
    Richard Dawkins

15+ Year Old Account
    Unlike a lot of anime Naruto's Fillers, ( Shippuden at least) has some relevance to the story eg: the 3 Tails and 6 Tails Arcs respectively, whereas other anime like bleach are terrible. i actually like the current direction of the Anime and Manga of naruto, whereas i have given up all hope on Bleach, Tite Kubo should have ended the Series after the last Arc Ended, now all this new stuff is terrible attempt to reboot the series
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Deleted
    I dunno about that.
    I haven't seen them yet, after all :P

The thing also is, think about if every single mini-fight during the war was highlightened in 20 chapters.
    Freaking thing would never end, since there are like a thousand different 'important' characters fighting :P
    True, but he could at least make the fights a tiny bit interesting. The Ino, Chouji, blabla (whatever the names are, I suck at remembering japanese names) vs their old sensei. Again over before you know it, 1 good hit and *bam* done.

The 2 brother guys who are LEGANDARY fighers with LEGENDARY weapons and blablabla .. before you even know how LEGENDARY they are they get defeated.

Tho in the meanwhile we get Naruto laughing with penises, I guess that's something.

Anime for Naruto, eh it's fine if you ignore the lame fillers. Manga of course is where it's at, but I can't help but feel the series as a whole is nearing the end within a year or so, I mean Madara already has all the basic stuff he needs to put his whole "mind control the world" plan in order, and there's realistically only 2 super fights left anyways; Naruto vs Madara and Naruto vs Sasuke (redux). After that...well, then what? Either a new story arc which'll likely be less compelling given the stops they're going through now, or the end pretty much.

Bleach is a case in point of the above actually; they did the big final superfight with Aizen, and now we're stuck with weak-ass Ichigo for a while till he eventually gets his powers back. But who's gonna be the big baddie now? Only thing I can think of left largely untouched are the Vasto Lorde (said to be far stronger than any captain), but it's alleged that the top 3 Espada were at least vasto lorde class when they were converted (after all, Barrigan himself was apparently the king of hueco mundo), so that would have to be discounted and them reduced to the role of adjuctas otherwise...the fulbring is also kinda lame in concept imo, I mean originally Chad and ditzy-girl got their powers from exposure to ichigo's reiatsu, but now apparently it happens if your pregnant mother gets attacked by a hollow or something weird? Yeah...I'll be happy when this arc ends. Needs more soul society action.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apologies for offtopic - Does bleach still devote the first 5-10 minutes of an episode recapping what happened last episode?

Deleted
    I read the manga and watch the anime. To me the manga is really damn good right now and I also still enjoy the anime, although the fillers are quite annoying, but atleast they ain't as bad as the Bleach ones as someone else on this thread said.

I will never understand why people like Naruto and Bleach so much. They're both very mediocre, in my opinion, especially compared to all the other stuff that's out there.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

There's just two main gripes I have with Naruto, and I can apply them to Bleach too funnily enough. The first is that the female characters are bloody *awful* in both. The guy himself admitted 1) he can't write girls and 2) he wishes he hadn't made Sakura a main character. She really was just the "token girl" in the first series. Every girl bar a couple (there was Chiyo for one, and an awesome old lady) are just so whiney and irritating, and I'm just wondering why they let them leave the village. Take Sakura in this latest filler - all she does is whine about her feelings for Sasuke, despite him never showing any interest in her. She has her rivalry with Ino over him and it's just a joke. Yeah I can't stand Sakura she's pathetic and I'm with the "make Hinata the main female character" club.

The second is they never focus on the interesting characters. Take the Hinata example - personally despite being irritatingly shy I think she could have had interesting character development. The Sand siblings are another - Gaara is my favourite character in Naruto. I do actually really like Naruto and Sasuke, but there's a limit to how much you want to see the same characters (old Bleach just had Ichigo Mary Sue'ing it up against 1000 year old guys for example and in it far, far too much). That's one downside to this current filler following Sasuke vs. Danzo, but I still find it interesting. Mainly I don't mind the flashbacks of Naruto and Sasuke either (not Sakura as...again she just irritates me).

All in all I like Naruto and always have. He's a very fun character, even if I do wish they'd focus on the others more at times (they had the joke with Neji not being in it however many episodes...). For instance, old Lady Hokage has been sleeping for a long time now

Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    I will never understand why people like Naruto and Bleach so much. They're both very mediocre, in my opinion, especially compared to all the other stuff that's out there.
    Well in all honestly that's just your opinion and nothing more.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like Naruto despite the fillers. Though what really pisses me off about the Naruto fillers is that sometimes they are so damn out of place. For example, remember the fight against Pain? Somewhere near the end, they just did this intermission where they fcking started some cheery talkshow crap starring the characters! Like wth is that!?

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Well in all honestly that's just your opinion and nothing more.
    Indeed it is.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I haven't watched the entire thing, but in general I like it. Not because of Naruto, Sasuke or the standard note-worthy main characters, but because of all the not-that-important characters, such as Shikamaru and Jiraya, now those two are brilliant characters!

---------- Post added 2011-06-10 at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torian101 View Post
    I like Naruto despite the fillers. Though what really pisses me off about the Naruto fillers is that sometimes they are so damn out of place. For example, remember the fight against Pain? Somewhere near the end, they just did this intermission where they fcking started some cheery talkshow crap starring the characters! Like wth is that!?
    They have a rather cheesy form of humor in Japan, which pretty much explains the talkshow bit.

Oh and the fillers can be awesome! Like the episode where they try and see Kakashi's face come on, that was pure awesome-sauce!
    Last edited by Venziir; 2011-06-10 at 10:19 AM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I got kinda bored with the anime after the exam thing. Got bored the manga recently, it should be exciting but since theres so much going on its just dull.