Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How's Feral Looking for 4.2?

Good Morning MMO-Champion Readers! I hope we are all well!

With 4.2 coming soon ive been thinking.....

How are ferals looking for 4.2???

Would be nice to hear from those who have played the PTR's...

From what ive read and been told...

We still scale pretty badly again and that we have high burst but our sustained dmg is lack luster.

Is this true?

Cheers for your comments!

15+ Year Old Account
    yes it is tru, we will be able to top meter the first 15 secs of the fight before we die of argo but overall we are somewhere

<- overhere on the meter
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2011-06-10 at 10:51 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    yes it is tru, we will be able to topth meter the first 15 secs of the fight before we die of argo but overall we are somewhere

<- overhere on the meter
    I lolled /so/ hard at this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral additional dmg hasnt been changed on PTR, anyone else noticed this? Maybe its just tooltips? but this latest built is marked as release and still same abilities, unchanged, maybe they reverted it?

mangle still does 1842 additional dmg
    shred still does 1721

these were ment to be lowered, but they not, and theres nothing in the notes

Next thing on their list should be Feral self healing, its pretty much non existant
    Last edited by Shifthappens; 2011-06-10 at 10:46 AM.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

15+ Year Old Account
    i recently readed in an other topic that the lowering of the base modifiers was a datamining mistake
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

So Other than the staff that turns us into a blaze of glory....

We are still gona be telling the rubish players how bad they are when we beat them on the meters

No change then

Bit sad about the feral charge "fix"...

Not to mention I really haven't heard anything about the overall state of melee in the new tier, even if feral got a boost its gonna be behind Balance if all the fights still favor range.

Isnt balanced getting totally gimped though? With this new Eclipse mechanics?

Oh, amazing! You should be happy, because you play pretty much unique class. Feral dps is going to be most likely the worst dps out of all classes but sub rogues.
    BTW, you cant use feral charge any more on bosses like dragons and chogall, so our dps will drop even lower than it was before on such bosses.

But you should be happy to know that difference in dps between ferals and top dps classes is not so big. like 10-15% tops. So you still be able to be one of the top dps in your guild if you are amazing player and others dont actually know how to press buttons. Ofc, you still will not be able to beat facerolling one-button classes like arcane mages.
    Last edited by traen; 2011-06-10 at 12:14 PM.

They're looking kinda fiery...
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Im sure with Ravage buff in 4.2 it will be worth running out every 28 sec for Ravage even if it means losing 2-3 auto attacks, generally it will be a 50k or so crit that will give u 2 extra Combo points, yep im sure it will be worth it. .
    Quated myelf from another post

FYI at this point im only concerned about Feral PVP dmg as i have quit raiding, i know its abit selfish
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

The staff makes up for any issues or possible issues. I don't care if my feral has to run backwards everywhere he goes as long as the staff makes me a fire cat!

Deleted
    The fire cat doesn't make up for any issues or possible issues. It's a cosmetic upgrade. Is it cool? Yeah, in a way. It's just not a bribe I'm willing to take to forget all the other issues with cats.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    fire kitty looks total shit, just another useless waste of space gimmick pff,, sounds like kittys are still gonna be shit according to some,, and as for hoping to beat someone who doesnt know how to push buttons then lol fekkin lol ;p blizzard suck balls, roll on starwars tor or summit ive had a right fekk full now (but i still play so i guess im just a saddo ha ;D)
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonsys View Post
    Bit sad about the feral charge "fix"...

;_; No more free ravages every 28 seconds on Cho'gall and any of the fights involving dragons ;_;

Oh and WTB a working recount on the ptr, so I can see if theres any change in my dps

Deleted
    Any screen shots of the fire kitty? I've heard the staff mentioned, but not seen any pics yet.

As for the state of kitty, PvP or PvE, I'll just wait until a few weeks after patch and the hotfixes to hit before making any judgements. Like with every patch, there will be issues, errors and complaints and it won't be perfect on patch day or for several days after.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    then they shouldnt release it if its not near perfect,, we pay a lot of money for a pile of broken shite but were the suckers cos we keep paying and playing and while we keep paying and playing they dont seem to care and just feed us this shit all the time ;p
    theyve broken all their promises that cata was meant to bring, so fekk you blizz fekk you fekk you fekk you,, i hope you lose all your subscribers to farmville or summit ;p maybe then youll treat your CUSTOMERS with respect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ive kept playing as i kinda quit in january lol,, was kinda hoping to see some improvements and fixed things and balance etc etc but its getting worse if ptr testers comments/thoughts are anything to go by

Hmm, the fire cat doesn't look so bad.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    looks crap and as someone said it will get old VERY quickly, and its a gimmick thats not even on that good a weapon ;p gimmicks are bad, instead of crap like this they should pay attention to stuff that needs addressing instead of "hey your bad but heres a fireform to look cool (or not) while your bad"

This is the oldest trick in the book: look at the shiny kitty over here... ignore what it actually is doing, because you can't take your eyes off the shiny!

If Blizz really wants us to trust them when they say that they're looking ahead and balancing towards that goal, they should stop needing to readjust our values every major/minor patch. Actions speak louder than blue words.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2011-06-10 at 05:28 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville