Deleted

Graphics car, wow or ram issue?

Hi Guys,

New to the computing forum and wondering if you guys could give me some advice in regards to a pc crashing issue i currently have.

At the moment i can switch my pc for days on end without it crashing, however when i play wow the pc crashes regularly. I have narrowed down the cause of the crashes to what i believe could be causing it. The PC is windows7, i5 quad, 6g ram with 1meg dedicated graphics card (Nvidia, not sure on the model). The PC is under warrently but after being qouted 2 months to get it back, i thought id attempt to fix it myself.

Issue is if i play wow on lowest graphics settings it switches of perhaps once a day, the pc screen goes black and only a power on/offf restores it. I used to play on ultrahigh graphics settings with multple adds ons with many things running in background without issue. This however is now impossible to do, putting ultra on means the PC will crash within 10 mins. Having the settings to average will result in a crash within a 20 mins, forcing me to play on low settings.

Checked core temp which seems fine, fan is working, updated all drivers, windows updates, etc.

So my question is...Is this being caused by my ram overloading or is the graphics card being worked to hard by WoW all of a sudden? Bear it mind i can pleave the pc on for hours/days without WoW on with no crash at all.

Suggestions welcome.

i guess its a laptop then? what model?

Deleted
    nope its a ACER desktop, one thing i forget to mentions is that i check the error log after each crash and it never says the same thing. had BAD_POOL_ message a few times though if thats relevent?

well still, if you could provide model name, or some more info...
    for now i can say it will be gcard problem/heating problem...
    Last edited by L05_PL; 2011-06-10 at 02:51 PM.

Deleted
    Aspire M3
    Aspire M3910-i54GB ( PT.SDXE2.110 )

i believe it is, which would mean i have nVidia GT320 card

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/conte...l/PT.SDXE2.110

acording to this u have dual core not quad,
    the cpu udp is around 80W, gpu is around 50W, the set have 300W psu, so i could also say that the problem will be at not enough power for all the stuff? how old is this pc? also, did you overclocked anything recently?

acording to enermax psu calculator minimal for this setup should be ~280W, so with the aging and stuff it might be just below the line which can result in blank screens/resets...
    Last edited by L05_PL; 2011-06-10 at 03:08 PM.