Deleted

[Feral Theorycrafting] Am I doing it right?

I play a ~full vicious feral druid, with normal Malevolence as my weapon.

Shred: 450% damage plus 1485 to the target (as a base, off wowwiki).
    In 4.2 that's going up to 520%.

So atm, my weapon damage is 1196-1796, so this means my Shred damage (on 0 resilience) is 6867-9567, buffed by my attack power. Is that correct?

If that /is/ correct, does that mean that in 4.2, with the 391 Ruthless Gladiator's Pike (2418-3629 weapon damage) and 520% weapon damage, Shred damage changes to 14,058-20,355 (+AP buffs)?

Also, how does your AP come into it? Does the AP buff come in before or after the 520%?

Thanks,

Kekkeri

EDIT: Also, my "damage" in my melee stats is 1304-1903 in caster form, and 1495-1745 in cat form. Is this what is used rather than weapon damage?
    Last edited by mmoc4c369d948d; 2011-06-10 at 03:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    goto cat form and look at your melee damage, that is the damage used for your shred and that damage already includes AP
    the damage on your charecter sheet is basicly based off weapon damage + a % of your AP

for shred damage there are ofcourse more factors to take into account, the +20% dmg buff Rend & Tear and the +30% damage buff from mangle

so if you would have like 1500 weapon damage in cat form
    your shred wil do 520% damage
    so 1500 * 5.2 (damage modifer) + 1485 base damage = 7800
    7800 * 1.2 (bleed effect) * 1.3 (Mangle) = 12168 damage
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    thanks! do you (or anyone else) know the formula for getting from weapon damage and AP to melee damage?

14 AP gives 1 dps increase on the character sheet. Since cats have a 1s swing timer, 14 AP gives +1 damage. I'm not certain about weapon damage calculations. If I were to guess, they just take the weapon dps and add it to the damage on the character sheet. There is a baseline damage that you would have if you were in cat form without any gear. That base, plus the damage from AP, plus weapon dps should give you the melee damage.

I can't verify what I said though, you will have to do that on your own.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your white DPS should be: weapon DPS + AP/14

Take that and you have your average swing value, and thus your average on Mangle, Shred and so on. Back when we had FAP, it was (weapon DPS - 55) + AP/14. I have honestly no idea if they kept that 55 or removed it.

I's been a while since I did some serious WoW math, shame on me :S
    Heck, it's been a while since I played :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.