Thread: Chimaeron HC.

Deleted

Chimaeron HC.

Sorry if this topic has been covered before but i dont see it in the pages.

How many healers are all of you using on this fight?
    My guild is progressing on that boss in group 1 and they are using 4 healers 2 tanks and 4 dps.. To me it sounds to much to have 4 healers for that fight but i dont know which setup you guys are using/used while you progressed on him.

Deleted
    Anything from 2-4 healers is possible: 3/4 Healers for learning the fight, 3 for farming it and 2 for hardcore healing.

Four healers is just silly. The only healing intensive parts of the fight are the three(the absolute max you should have, depending on RNG luck we sometimes have two) feud phases, which aren't so bad if your raid is using personal and any raid cooldowns you have.

I've seriously never even heard of anyone using four healers.

We usually use 3 but 4 isn't an unknown tactic, but you gotta have very good dps, for the kite phase tbh
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redwitchy View Post
    We usually use 3 but 4 isn't an unknown tactic, but you gotta have very good dps, for the kite phase tbh
    "the kite phase"?

@OP, three healers is the most common and most logical approach. Make sure your healers recognize how all aspects of the encounter work, for instance, nobody - not even the tank - needs more than 10k hp. Neither does the double attack-soaker if you have a Prayer of Mending/Earth Shield capable of healing 10k+.

For any feud/end feud massacre, have the tank run to the other side of the room. That extra second or two of delay is an entire addional heal from a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    "the kite phase"?

@OP, three healers is the most common and most logical approach. Make sure your healers recognize how all aspects of the encounter work, for instance, nobody - not even the tank - needs more than 10k hp. Neither does the double attack-soaker if you have a Prayer of Mending/Earth Shield capable of healing 10k+.

For any feud/end feud massacre, have the tank run to the other side of the room. That extra second or two of delay is an entire addional heal from a healer.
    And that exta second or two delay will in turn fuck over the melee/hunters dps as they have to move with the boss or away from its new position.
    3 healers is easy and logical - in 10 man, you get 2x caustic slimes. Have 2x healers with "efficient slow heals" that are capable of doing +10k without relying on a crit heal up the two slimes (get an addon like DBM to mark them so they always know which target theyre supposed to heal), and have the third healer take care of the double strike soaker and the main tank.

Also, it's not worth it "kiting" chimaeron in the last phase - you lose more dps to running around/away from him (parries, range issues, downtime through moving) than you gain time, as his swing timer is roughly 5 seconds - he could kill someone at one end of the room and walk to the other before his swing timer allows him to attack again anyway. It's better to just stand your ground and nuke.

Deleted
    3 healers. Make sure you assign healing so everyone has a target.

We do it like this:
    1 priest - 1 druid -1 holy paladin
    druid on tank.
    paladin on grp1
    priest on grp2
    if both slimes land on grp1 the paladin takes the target towards the top and priest the target towards the bottom and the same if both slimes land on grp2.
    Priest chucks 2x poh per massacre on each grp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    And that exta second or two delay will in turn fuck over the melee/hunters dps as they have to move with the boss or away from its new position.
    Not at all. The melee damage dealer will always have to move to stack up anyway, and if you always move Chimaeron to the same place they won't be affected the slightest. He has a huge hitbox. Hunters aren't affected at all because Chimaeron has no minimum distance.

It's definately not worth moving him in the last phase, though. Nothing but a waste of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Not at all. The melee damage dealer will always have to move to stack up anyway, and if you always move Chimaeron to the same place they won't be affected the slightest. He has a huge hitbox. Hunters aren't affected at all because Chimaeron has no minimum distance.

It's definately not worth moving him in the last phase, though. Nothing but a waste of dps.
    He doesn't have a minimum hitbox if you approach him from the back. He doeshave one from the front though - I play a hunter, and I deffo can't hit him in front if hes moving around, while I have no problem stacking up on the tail. And melee has to move, but they can strafe to their position while still dpsing - if the boss actually moves out of their melee range, they lose dps uptime though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    He doesn't have a minimum hitbox if you approach him from the back. He doeshave one from the front though - I play a hunter, and I deffo can't hit him in front if hes moving around, while I have no problem stacking up on the tail. And melee has to move, but they can strafe to their position while still dpsing - if the boss actually moves out of their melee range, they lose dps uptime though.
    I can charge him while I tank, which is possible for the very reason Blizzard want Hunters to be able to shoot him. It's possible you can't if you're in the middle of his hitbox, but that's also incredibly wasy to avoid. Also no, you aren't moving him away from melee range - you move him through melee. They're honestly bad if they can't forsee how they should turn every feud.

I mean honestly, even if there was a dps loss it'd still be worth it as that's the only difficult scenario for the healers.

Deleted
    I've killed him with 1tank/3heal 2tank/3heal 1tank/4heal and 2tank/4heal. They're all doable.

The enrage timer is a joke, and even the last phase is doable with 4 DPSers if you enter it properly and execute well. There are many tricks you can do to buy a ton of time in that phase (kiting is NOT one of them!), so long as you execute even 1-2 of those tricks such as mirror image or evasion tanking, you'll kill it with only 4 DPSers no problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    I've killed him with 1tank/3heal 2tank/3heal 1tank/4heal and 2tank/4heal. They're all doable.

The enrage timer is a joke, and even the last phase is doable with 4 DPSers if you enter it properly and execute well. There are many tricks you can do to buy a ton of time in that phase (kiting is NOT one of them!), so long as you execute even 1-2 of those tricks such as mirror image or evasion tanking, you'll kill it with only 4 DPSers no problem.
    1 tank on heroic eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    1 tank on heroic eh?
    should be doable as long as you don't get 2 fueds in a row.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    1 tank on heroic eh?
    Yes. RNG dependent but doable. We actually got 3 Feuds in a row once and lived through it, yay for Spirit Link Totem.

Not that I'd recommend that for a progression strat.

Our group does 2 tanks, double strike soaker (frost dk in blood) 4 dps and 3 healers.

Just have to work out CD's for the tank thats tanking chimeron after the feud and how hes getting topped off. Healers don't have to stack up right away. As a holy paladin, I'll heal the tank up then run in and top off the raid as well.

You do not need more healers, you need better healers. 3 is fine, and I would think there's no way you could nuke him in time for the DoT in P3 with only 4 DPS.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

You do not need more healers, you need better healers. 3 is fine, and I would think there's no way you could nuke him in time for the DoT in P3 with only 4 DPS.
    We regularly do 3 Tank / 3 Heal and DPS isn't an issue. In fact we just brought an app tank to the fight and got the achievement for him with that setup.

We're only 5/13, so our DPS isn't by any means decked out in heroic gear either. ~18-20k typical DPS (not factoring in caustic slime debuff) is fine.

Two healers is stretching it a bit unless you're in BiS gear for the tier, imo. It'll also depend on your raid comp and the cooldowns you have available to you.

Three is what most run.

I don't think four is a good idea unless you have some incredible DPS.

we do 3 in 10 man and 7 in 25 man. best way to do it is have each healer heal their own group and a healer dedicated to tanks that will occasionally throw a random heal into raid if needed (10 mans) for 25 mans we assign each healer a marker to heal and have some dedicated tank heals as well.

Deleted
    Generally speaking:
    3 healers, 1 on tanks, 1 on grp 1, 1 on grp 2