Thread: What is this?

What is this?

Okay so i did a sort of "Reputation" Scan with my Norton 360 on my programs trust level.

So far everything came out good, Except for this 1 file. Had the PC for over a week, Not seen a change in speed or anything to be alarmed by, Did a scan yesterday on norton and malwayre (weekly thing) and it found nothing, But was messing with my norton360 and just now discovered this reputation scan thing..Bare in mind the PC is about 12 days old. So here is the file

It is my only trust level file that is "Unproven" Everything else is either good or better.

I clicked on the Locate this file and it took me here

Anyone happen to know what this file is? Should i Quarantine it or leave it as is?

I have to admit that file is about as ambiguous as it gets. >>;

My gut tells me to just Quarantine it. But the problem is i don't know much about the core PC files that actually get the pc to start up. So if this happens to be related to the core files, and i quarantine it and it no longer starts up. Ill be screwed cause i wont know what to do >.>

Deleted
    Impossible to tell what that is; beyond that it was auto placed there by a .MSI installer package at some point.

What program that would be, can be found out by starting the registry editor and search for its filename (may take a few moments). The alternate way is to simply start the installer and watch the notification about which program installer/uninstaller its 'preparing'.

Its removal will not affect any programs or the system; but it may make it difficult to uninstall the program that created it - as those files are all uninstaller/installer packages.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-06-11 at 01:43 PM.