Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Super 8 sucked. True Grit is awesome, but as always, the Cohen brothers have NO CLUE how to end a film.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

What's wrong with the goonies? also:

I GOT SIX TONS OF EXPLOSIVES IN MAH BACKBACK!!!!
    Lets blow this shit

OMG!
    I forget to watch Super8. I have remember the original released date of this brilliant sci-fi, drama but i still didn't gonna enjoy it. but now i admit myself to go for get Super 8 download. As i was excited wait for it. but due to so busy schedule of life. I forget about it telecast today. I hope it will be interesting release movie of the week.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I watched Super 8 last night and enjoyed it. Yes, the story was predictable in a Goonies, ET, Close Encounters kind of way. But it was still a very enjoyable film with a lot of talented young actors / actresses who for some, were in their first feature film. Full credits to them for a job well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadence View Post
    I loved it. It wasn't overly done and it finished off at a perfect point.

It was amazing imo, it felt like Goonies and ET combined. And thats what I was hoping for.
    My friend put it in a similar way. But it was The Goonies, The Crazies, Cloverfield, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Loved this movie. Surprising piece in the summer of sequels.

| Gantzie [Warrior] (Main) of Mors Certa, US-Kil'Jaeden | Saej [Shaman] | Truckette [Paladin] | Aelo [Rogue] | Volgia [Warlock] |

Deleted
    Overall I thought it was ok, but not as good as I was hoping or expecting from JJ and Spielberg.

I liked the setting and the scenario. It was a nice throwback to some of the other Spielberg classics like E.T. and with a very strong focus on the kids, it had the potential to be just that.

But ultimatly the whole thing was just too generic. That the train contained an alien was hardly a surprise really considering they pretended it was a big mystery. Considering the title of the film was Super 8, what the kids recorded on their movie didn't end up playing a huge role in the end so it seemed almost unnecessary. I also felt that the film didn't explain enough about the e.t. material (the fact hat the boy took one of the weird balls didn't end up mattering at all) and the whole alien lore.

Overall I just felt that the script was rather poorly thought out and not as well written as I'd hoped.