Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bloodline Champions - Online Arena Game - More people need to play!

Bloodline Champions is a fast-paced online arena game with ladder based around 3v3. There's no grinding, no items, no NPCs, none of that. It's a straight-PVP arena battle game.
    There are currently 21 'bloodlines' or playable characters, with one more in 'preview mode' for it's pre-release. There are four bloodline types: melee, ranged, tank and healer. All can do great damage, tanks just have at some sort of defensive spell and healers have spells that can heal.

You can not just play every bloodline. You have to unlock them either by paying or saying up Blood Coins from playing any kind of match. There are random free Bloodlines that change (I think) every week.

Every bloodline has 6 main abilities with one ultimate that costs all 100 energy and two EX spells that are upgraded versions of other spells that each cost 40 energy. Energy starts at 0 and is gained by hitting opponents and using spells, or by gathering an energy ball that comes out of a charging ring that gives +30 energy to whomever touches it first.

Each champions has a standard Left Click Attack that has no cooldown, a powerful Right Click attack, a Spacebar mobility (get away) move, a Q that normally does some sort of AoE effect, an E that is generally a ranged ability, an R that is normally some kind of buff, and their Ultimate which may either be an attack, a strand of attacks, or a buff to themselves.

(Note: You can change keybindings.)

(there's two more under those, the bar is not scrolled down)

Most matches and all ladder matches are played Team v Team with several rounds, each lasting anywhere up to 2:00 minutes. To win a game, it's best out of five, so first team to win three rounds wins the game.

(currently playing Single Player against bots. The bots are not very good, or too smart, but the mode is pretty much just to test out bloodline abilities. Currently I'm playing the Seeker, a ranged elemental archer)

Each round is concluded when all of one team's players are dead. A scoreboard is then shown for the current round for a few seconds, and then the next round starts. he scoreboard gives an overall, an average actions per (second?), damage done, healing done, damage taken, kills, ect.

Ladder match-making is done based on your current Grade, which is based on your performance in-game. The match-making system attempts to make the 'victory chance' 50/50 by finding people current queued at the same Grade and pinning them against eachother to the best of it's ability. Though currently it doesn't always work due to lack of people playing.

Your custom-game Grade and your ladder Grade are not the same, so you can not improve your matchmaking grade through custom games.

Speaking of custom games, you can host your own games. In these games you can change settings and play different game styles such as: Capture the Artifact (self explanatory) and Conquest (capture and hold objective points and raise your score to 100). Sadly, custom games cannot be password protected or locked, but the host can kick people from the game before it begins, so you can prevent people you do not want to play from playing.

There are Clans. You can create your own clan for no charge other than spending the time to find a clan tag that's not already taken. I currently am in the clan I made, 'The Aggression' [AGG] with only my one friend, so we're alone- Message me if you want an invite! Clans are basically just for talking, or if you find a cool clan they sometimes set up custom games for clan wars.

There are ranked Pre-made Team matches as well, so try to get an arena partner or two. You can have a team or two or three to do ranked 2v2 or 3v3 matches in your team.
    With these teams you can join Tournaments! Tournaments are scheduled in-game and happen normally every few days- just check the times listed in-game. You get prizes for doing the tournaments based on how well your team did.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Here's some videos of the game.

Top down/Spectator mode:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4cPZHPjlBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB5CMFRyaPY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHoCZdfOVg

In-game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdTewNoh64s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6hFa5t8t1c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Koqy0UKOKks
    -------------------------------------------------

Sign up now and tell your friends! You get referral bonuses, so make sure you give them your referral link. (you can't here, so there are NO referral links in this thread)

http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/home.php

Deleted
    Been playing since the beta, it's really a great game that all pvp lovers should try.

Deleted
    Looks good! I'll give it a try! I love league of legends, and this looks a bit like teamfights there (although these seem to last a bit longer =) )

Cheers, thanks for the link

Downloading now (it's downloading like 20 or more patches instead of just 1 ^_^). Seems like it's cool, but I can't say it's really free to play. According to what I read on their site, if you don't buy the 'full' version, you don't even get access to all the champions (or would they still be unlockable through the ingame currency?)
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2011-06-12 at 02:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Looks good! I'll give it a try! I love league of legends, and this looks a bit like teamfights there (although these seem to last a bit longer =) )

Downloading now (it's downloading like 20 or more patches instead of just 1 ^_^). Seems like it's cool, but I can't say it's really free to play. According to what I read on their site, if you don't buy the 'full' version, you don't even get access to all the champions (or would they still be unlockable through the ingame currency?)
    1 reason it lasts longer the matches is because you have to manually aim. its tricky to get use to.

10+ Year Old Account

yes you can the problem thou is that a champion cost 300 to 350 Funcom points (this ones you buy with money) vs 16500 to 17000 blood coins ( in game currency that you get from matches, archivement,etc)

I thought OP claimed there was no "grind" - but if you can't use a number of abilities, etc without doing so... o.o;
    Ah well, as long as the unlockables are vaguely balanced I'm sure it'll be interesting. :B

harbringer/psychopomp ruining 2s ><'

Great game, have tried it and would love to play it all the time... sadly, I've got over 5fps on my pc and sometimes it just completely freezes :s

Deleted
    Played it for a bit, the non-locked camera is really bad (as in, it's still a bit locked)
    Game seems cool though, but as with all of these games it takes a while to get into it (knowing what you're doing).

Gonna play again now =)

Deleted
    New game version detected! Downloading.

Thats all iv seen in the past 15 mins :|

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    1 reason it lasts longer the matches is because you have to manually aim. its tricky to get use to.
    They're called skill shots, League of Legends have those too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I thought OP claimed there was no "grind" - but if you can't use a number of abilities, etc without doing so... o.o;
    Ah well, as long as the unlockables are vaguely balanced I'm sure it'll be interesting. :B
    You mean the energy abilities? It's still no grind; energy comes as you fight.

Played it for a bit, the non-locked camera is really bad (as in, it's still a bit locked)
    Game seems cool though, but as with all of these games it takes a while to get into it (knowing what you're doing).

Gonna play again now =)
    If the camera wasn't locked at all you'd lose your character. I mean, you have to aim every attack with your mouse, and if you're off on the other side of the map then that's where your character's pointing, so you can't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokka View Post

Thats all iv seen in the past 15 mins :|

Not everything's exactly top-quality. It's mainly the launcher and everything else is pretty much what you'd expect, but I mean, they don't have much of a player-base so they probably don't know what to do with the launcher yet.

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    They're called skill shots, League of Legends have those too.
    Every attack in BLC has to be aimed. Including ones you're casting on yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mistake in my part, thread re-opened
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-06-12 at 07:54 PM.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    If the camera wasn't locked at all you'd lose your character. I mean, you have to aim every attack with your mouse, and if you're off on the other side of the map then that's where your character's pointing, so you can't do anything.
    True, but it's highly annoying that the camera is moving while you are aiming, or at least, not my style =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Played the beta of this game and it was really fun. Got kind of annoying that it was only available friday-sunday. I might pick it up again soon and kick some more ass as Gunner. I don't think this was mentioned in the OP but there is no randomness in the game. If an ability says it does 50 damage, it does 50 damage. Every time. Definitely makes it more of a skill game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corb View Post
    Played the beta of this game and it was really fun. Got kind of annoying that it was only available friday-sunday. I might pick it up again soon and kick some more ass as Gunner. I don't think this was mentioned in the OP but there is no randomness in the game. If an ability says it does 50 damage, it does 50 damage. Every time. Definitely makes it more of a skill game.
    with the exception if you attack an opponent or you are attack from behind it cause more damage

True, but it's highly annoying that the camera is moving while you are aiming, or at least, not my style =)
    You can re-lock it by middle clicking, if you don't like the free camera at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    You can re-lock it by middle clicking, if you don't like the free camera at all.
    Yeah I know (thanks for the tip though), I guess I just really like the principle of the unlocked camera of League of Legends, where you basically decide where it's pointing, and it doesn't move unless you really want to.

awesome game. been rly hard to get to decent levels, with long time players literally devastating you, bit frustrating.
    but once u get used to its style it just feels incredibly playable.
    astronomer ftw
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    awesome game. been rly hard to get to decent levels, with long time players literally devastating you, bit frustrating.
    but once u get used to its style it just feels incredibly playable.
    astronomer ftw
    The fact that it's so fast paced makes it really fun win or lose, but once you get good at whatever bloodlines you play and start winning a lot it gives a great rush.