Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How much better will Druids fare with the wrath and starfire buffs

Mainly against single target raid bosses? Are they closer to being in line with the other caster classes whom they currently trail?

can't really be certain. the 4pc was a huuuuge set bonus for us, and with it being changed, we'll be losing quite a bit of potential dps. the nuke buffs are what we've been wanting ever since the dot changes were announced, and i'm really glad to see that blizzard finally came through. i hope that at the very least, with our multi target damage being hurt significantly next patch, that this nuke buff will make up for the loss of 4t11.

Wont the 4set bonus change hurt less as the transition to t12 is made?

The 'buff' doesn't even cover up the nerf in the set bonus.

Moonkins are absolutely destroying everything already as it is in raid encounters. I have absolutely no idea why you would think they are trailing.

Looking at wrath calcs having a 4th piece of T11 would boost my theorectical DPS by nearly 2k in a raid situation so hopefully the Starfire/wrath buff will help recover some of the lost damage and help those players who don't have 4 pieces yet. That figure is like i said theorectical and probably more like 1-1.5k in real world situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on what else changes when the tier comes out, ie how other classes scale etc. You can't really know until you get their-but any buff will help them get closer
    Sig by Soko, keep being amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by zYN View Post

Moonkins are absolutely destroying everything already as it is in raid encounters. I have absolutely no idea why you would think they are trailing.
    I'd rather be able to do 30k single target over 35k multi-target and 24k single.

Yeah boomkins are right in line with locks and spriests when it comes to aoe and add fights but both those classes also excel at single target. Go do H Chim and tell me that we're "destroying everything".

My understanding is that multi dotting is a large part of this. I was particularly asking about single target fights, which i believe boomkins fall short to mages locks and priests.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdrsrow View Post
    My understanding is that multi dotting is a large part of this. I was particularly asking about single target fights, which i believe boomkins fall short to mages locks and priests.
    Yes. The buff does not cover up the old set bonus in single target.

My latter comment was merely touching on the fact that moonkins are goddamn insanely OP in every single fight, excluding the one crappy Patchwerk we have right now - Chimaeron. It's the same deal in next tier. They are not exactly in a bad spot at all as it is. Tiny bit worse on Chimaeron which is a completely meaningless fight, worlds ahead on everything else. So if you want to nitpick, you can say that moonkins are bad and doing less damage than the other classes.*

Expect 10 moonkins (or however many people can muster up) in kill screenies from Firelands.

* = Except in every single fight that matters at all. Which is every fight besides Chimaeron, which was a kill within 10 tries on the first week of Heroic raiding.
    Last edited by zYN; 2011-06-12 at 06:46 PM.

Haha looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by mrdrsrow View Post
    Depends, sPriests shine in fights were there are 2-4 targets. After that we can't afford to keep our dots up and mind sear can be hard to get on those adds in may situations and the spell itself is not near as strong as I would like it to be to be competative with other classes

Nope. Sorry, but unless the boss has adds or more than one boss (Valiona, Halfus, etc) we don't come close. Single target fights like Chimaeron (where balance sits 13th per stateofdps) we are trailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Nope. Sorry, but unless the boss has adds or more than one boss (Valiona, Halfus, etc) we don't come close. Single target fights like Chimaeron (where balance sits 13th per stateofdps) we are trailing.
    Hopefully we'll move up with the wrath and starfire buffs

We must be playing a different game. Your seems to be Simcraft and some parses on a site, while mine is World of Warcraft in a guild that actually raids.

We must be playing a different game. Your seems to be Simcraft and some parses on a site, while mine is World of Warcraft in a guild that actually raids.
    I stand corrected. The rest of WoW is wrong, your raiding guild and boomkin are exceptional. Please link WoL so we can all see the boomkin destruction on Chimaeron and other single target boss fights.

he isnt playing a different game.. even with my 4set and in all 359's- bracers. i would be lucky to pull 17k on chim while other players in the raid (warrior,hunter,rogue,mage) excel over 18k with ease.

i dont remember who said it but we dont exactly pull insane number unless we are in BiS Gear or if the fight has more then one target

Statistical geniuses ITT. Everyone knows that your own anecdotal experiences are far more reliable as evidence of any class imbalance than any sort of compilation of logs.

You do realize that chim is not exactly the prototype of a single target dps fight? Some classes are more affected by a 3 second 75% hit debuff than others. Not to mention RNG can favor or punish any one at any time in the fight.

Argaloth is a far more accurate comparison of a "stand and shoot" fight and moonkins are relatively equal with most of the other classes with the exception of marks hunters and arcane mages.

Relative ordering does not mean something unless you know "how" relative the ranks are. Just because we might be at the middle or near the bottom doesn't mean we are bad when the difference between #2 and #12 is a matter of a two percentage difference.

As far as the balance changes, it will be nice for the new moonkins who don't have their set bonus yet. Will it make up for the nerf to 4pc that they are implementing? It doesn't seem so. THis change coupled with the earlier nerf to starsurge almost makes casting starsurge worse than starfire/wrath. This change seems to be shortsighted and sort of a bandaid fix that is just going to cause more problems with the spec.
    Last edited by cleotaurus; 2011-06-12 at 06:04 PM.

Throne of Four winds
    Conclave of Wind: Multidot. Knockback. Tranquility. Absolute top tier.
    Al'Akir: Multidot. Tranquility. Massive damage reduction. Top tier.

Blackwing Descent
    Omnotron: Multidot. Ranged interrupt. Tranquility. Top tier.
    Magmaw: Multidot. Knockback. Top tier.
    Chimaeron: Token crappy Patchwerk fight of Tier 11. Here moonkins do mediocre.
    Atramedes: Heavy movement, minor multi-dot. Top tier when you consider there's melee classes in the game.
    Maloriak: Multidot. Top tier.
    Nefarian: Multidot. Knockback. Tranquility. Top tier.

Bastion of Twilight
    Halfus: Multidot. Top tier.
    Double Dragon: Multidot. Tranquility. Top tier.
    Ascendant Council: Multidot. Tranquility. Top tier.
    Cho'gall: Multidot. Knockback. Ranged interrupt. Tranquility. Top tier.
    Sinestra: Multidot. Ridiculous haste synergy. Top tier.

You're just doing nothing but whining about one shitty token Patchwerk fight for absolutely no reason. If you aren't being picked to raid as moonkin, it has absolutely nothing to do with your class.

12/13 fights are tailored for moonkin. The few fights where you do not DESTROY everyone in DPS are ones where you get to have a meaningful role through Tranquility and whatnot. And that's a damn important thing during progress, where the class balance and raid composition are things that really matter - that's when your raiding spot is in danger if your class isn't top tier.
    Last edited by zYN; 2011-06-12 at 06:40 PM.

I love you Synti! You have and will always be my interweb superhero!

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 06:17 PM ----------

I stand corrected. The rest of WoW is wrong, your raiding guild and boomkin are exceptional. Please link WoL so we can all see the boomkin destruction on Chimaeron and other single target boss fights.
    He is in fact exceptional and so is his guild, if he is who he is claiming to be. Futher more you obviously didn't read what he wrote.
    Last edited by kATTEKONGEN; 2011-06-12 at 06:21 PM.