Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    Just going to throw this in there: While Sony did take a while to announce to the public that they were hacked, they immediately contacted banks to alert them of possible issues. Bank of America issued us a new debit card days before the public even knew about it. Yeah it should have never happened in the first place, but they did at least do that.
    Not all of them . I had to change mine personally as did the other half . Neither of us received any information from anyone aside from Sony themselves.
    On a side note BOTH parties are to blame . I'm pretty pissed of at whatever fking group did this. I"m NOT a GD pawn for anyone aside myself . I'm pissed at Sony for dropping the ball in the 1st place . One thing I do KNOW thought is NOTHING on the web is safe. If you use it it's a calculated risk you are taking with ANY COMPANY.
    Has this made me Leary to purchase anything via internet...you bet your ass . If i can avoid doing so I will . And the OP was right about them having to build back up consumer trust. Id much rather call them on the phone to purchase something than to use PSN.

@katt: You do realize that even if you call it still gets entered into the same database the hackers had access to in the first place :P Sony is dooooomed.

I personally didn't trust Sony after their whole rootkit scandal. Yeah it was a long time ago, but still

Quote Originally Posted by scoobe View Post
    Sony is dooooomed.
    Yeah, about as doomed as the Earth is thanks to the 2012 phenomenon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to point out that while it took Sony time to admit that they had a major security breach, they did admit it. Ever hear of an X-box live/Microsoft hacking? Probably not, and I promise you, as someone with family in the industry, it does happen. Often. Not always major hackings, but Microsoft never owns up to it. They don't always even fix the damage to their software right away, letting it go for a few updates before getting around to it.

Food for thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually with my pizza here i didn't think about it. It amounts to the same thing with any corporation. I don't trust any of them period but what can ya do. These days you HAVE to have a CC for anything.all you can do is roll with and hope whatever illegal immigrant is trying to use your identity has better luck with it than you did .

Did you know you can have your credit card information stolen just by walking into a store?! OMG so lets not go into stores no more because the possibility is there! In all honesty, Sony made a mistake and went really cheap on their security, they learned a huge lesson with this one and I can say it will probably happen again, 10x over but should you not give them your information? That's your decision, I'm comfortable with it because well really I watch my bank shit closely and I monitor my credit since I'm trying to repair it from my own financial disaster.

I think anyone who has used Xbox live allready knows how terrible the PSN service is. While it may be free the level of support and design leave alot to be desired. One of the biggest things that turned me off was Random words were filtered when making accounts, IE i could not with any combination of random letters or numbers make an account with the word Zeta in it. I tried for hours just randomly hitting letters to see if it would let me but to no avail. Besides this fact, when i wanted to download some MGS4 content not only did i have to log in with my PSN name, but i had to make a konami account, and this is not the only game that made me make multiple log ins just to access the online content of different companys stuff. I want one account to access all online content.