Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippny View Post
    Umm..how about looks, sound and feel?

MW2 and MW3 look almost alike, BF2 and BF3 look NOTHING alike.

MW3 is going to have the same stupid killstreaks that ruin matches(without the nuke ofc) and it's going to have the same stupid perks it had in MW2 and it's the same washed up engine they've been using since CoD2.

Frostbite has been used 3 times..count them..3 times. Bad Company, 1943 and now BF3.

The sounds..if you cant look at BF and CoD and realize how well the sounds immerse the player into the game then I'm sorry that you play with horrible headsets and/or speakers. I mean..they won ufcking AWARDS for their sound work..

Feel of the game? This is just opinion ofc but BF has always felt a hell of a lot better than any CoD since CoD4.

Ehh..I'm don talking to you...you're starting to quote yourself and that's a sure sign of someone desperate for an argument.

Adios.
    So you reply by saying the gameplay in COD will be the same and then say the only thing different in BF is the engine? Looks to me like BF3 will play the same as BF2 rendering your argument and any other arguments about how MW3 is gona be just like MW1 and 2 invalid. Both the BF series and the COD series change very little over time.

And to educate you here is a little bit of info on the engines that MW 1 2 and black ops use.

MW 1

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare runs on the IW engine, featuring true world-dynamic lighting, HDR lighting effects, dynamic shadows and depth of field.[14] Bullet penetration is calculated by the engine, taking into account factors such as surface type and entity thickness.
    MW 2
    The game utilizes the in-house IW 4.0 game engine, which is claimed to be a generation beyond the capabilities of the engine used in Call of Duty 4.
    Blops
    The game runs on an enhanced World at War engine (which itself was improved from Call of Duty 4's)

COd2
    IW 2.0

Note not one game is using the Same engine, All of the listed games are using either a Modified version of a previous engine or a whole new level of the IW engine. BF is doing somthing very simalar using the same engine base and modifying it for each new game. So lets stop spouting the stupid fanboy bullshit OMG USING SAME ENGINE ZOMG FAIL ZOMG.

From the talk of killstreaks sounds like your one of the people who got wrecked so often in Multi that you curse it becuase you were never good enough to master the system. They dont ruin the game, they add a level of depth thats needed since COD lacks Vehicle combat.

The sounds..if you cant look at BF and CoD and realize how well the sounds immerse the player into the game then I'm sorry that you play with horrible headsets and/or speakers. I mean..they won ufcking AWARDS for their sound work..
    Mind linking the awards, i went through each game and didnt see a single award for sounds, the only awards i found going back to BF2 was best multiplayer of the year and that was just for BF2, BC 1 and 2 didnt get a single award while MW1 and 2 both boasted a shitload of awards. ALso i might point out that MW 1 and 2 both had a much higher ratting than BF2 BC 1 and 2 while Black ops equaled them.

Feel of the game? This is just opinion ofc but BF has always felt a hell of a lot better than any CoD since CoD4.
    BF has always had massive pathing and collision issues that range from infantry to vehicle movement. Ones that got me so fed up i only rented BC2.

Lets look at the date difference here.

mw3 - 2011
    mw2 - 2009

BF2 - 2005
    BF3 - 2011

I sure fucking hope BF 2 and 3 dont look alike, Please stop being stupid when trying to bring up a counterpoint.

Ehh..I'm don talking to you...you're starting to quote yourself and that's a sure sign of someone desperate for an argument.
    Dont start somthing you cant finish next time then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    They only just announced that everybody would be getting it and believe me, it was the player feedback that forced that move.

Now the bonus is nothing more than "Day 1 access", which is perfectly fine by me.

But until that announcement, there was no doubt that those weapons were intended to be exclusively purchasable via money.
    Agreed, but you have to realise that EA are being forced to take measures like this to encurage people to buy the game straight off rather than wait until the second hand games become available for console. It is a prime example of PC getting less because of a market situation with console games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ea...llar-explained

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/gam..._xbox%E2%80%9D

Like they say, second hand console games are now a bigger threat to development than PC Piracy! If you then add in Console Piracy with chippped consoles PC games are looking ever safer

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post

Dont start somthing you cant finish next time then.

I'm just gonna quote this part and post you some links and facts instead of filling up the screen with your garb..

CoD has been using the Quake III Arena Engine since day one. It's been modified to hell and back and is being used in MW3..yes the same engine that was in CoD2 and MW2 is going in MW3.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Ward

And yes Treyarch(W@W/Black Ops) does use the same damn engine

"The game(World at War) is powered by an enhanced version of the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare engine, with several improvements made to the physics model. Environments are more destructible and can be set on fire with the flamethrower, which features propagating fire. Dismemberment, as well as realistic skin and clothes burning of the characters were added."

They're all the same engine you muppet, they're modified BUT THE SAME. Just like Frostbite, it's the same engine but modified, but at least they know wtf they're doing and they've only used the engine 3 times. Not 8 times. And look how terrible MW2/BO/MW3 look compared to BFBC2(2010) and BF3(2011)

Awards? here ya go..it was really hard to find/sarcasm
    http://www.battlefield3online.com/ba...me-awards.html
    "The team that built the soundscape in Battlefield Bad Company 2 raked in awards for their efforts. The 2010 BAFTA For Use of Audio, GameSpot’s Best Sound Design award for 2010 and The Game Audio Network Guild Award for Sound Design Of The Year 2011 are examples of such laurels."

As for your comparison quote, I meant to say BC2 not BF2.

The difference from BC2-BF3 and MW2-MW3 is astronomical. MW2/3 look exactly the same.

I don't know how many times I can prove you wrong in one thread but this has to be a record? Rage hard..
    Last edited by Trippny; 2011-06-18 at 03:28 PM.

CoD has been using the Quake III Arena Engine since day one. It's been modified to hell and back and is being used in MW3..yes the same engine that was in CoD2 and MW2 is going in MW3.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Ward

And yes Treyarch(W@W/Black Ops) does use the same damn engine
    Is there a problem with them using a modded quake engine? Id like to point out that your definition of same and the actuall one is quite different

"identical with whatisabouttobeorhasjustbeen mentioned". QQing that a company uses a modded version of an engine they used in previous games is stupid since i cant tell you how many do it, [cough valve cough]. And by your standards every company who does it must be shit right? Id like to point out pre frostbite every single BF game used the same engine as well [ by your definition of same]. And since we are going by same i guess that means all the quake engines are the same since they are quake engines, oh and lets heap in the crytek engines since cryengine 1 and 2 and 3 have to be the same. QQing because one engine is built on the foundation or tweeked from the foundation of another is ignorant since thats what happens in the gaming world. Stop finding stupid shit to cry over.

Awards? here ya go..it was really hard to find/sarcasm
    http://www.battlefield3online.com/ba...me-awards.html
    "The team that built the soundscape in Battlefield Bad Company 2 raked in awards for their efforts. The 2010 BAFTA For Use of Audio, GameSpot’s Best Sound Design award for 2010 and The Game Audio Network Guild Award for Sound Design Of The Year 2011 are examples of such laurels."
    To bad that since BF2 thats the only award they have goten, while this is what the "terrible" games MW 1 and 2 got

MW1

GameCritics: Best Action Game[47]
    GameSpot: Best Graphics, Best Shooter,Best Xbox 360 Game,Best PlayStation 3 Game[48][49][50]
    GameTrailers: Best Graphics, Best PS3 Game[51]
    GamePro: Best Overall Game of the Year[52]
    IGN: Best Xbox 360 Game,Best Shooter of 2007[53][54][55]
    GameSpy: Best PS3 Game,Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PC Game,Game of the Year[56][57][58][59]
    X-Play: Best Shooter, Best Sound Design[60]
    Spike Video Game Awards: Best Shooter,Best Military Game[61]
    Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences:Action Game of the Year,Console Game of the Year,Overall Game of the Year[62

MW2

IGN Editor's Choice[125]
    GamePro Editor's Choice[126]
    BAFTA PC Game of the Year (2009)[127]
    GameTrailers Game of the Year 2009[128]
    PakGamers Best Xbox 360 Game of 2009[129]
    Gamespot Best Shooter/Readers Choice[130]
    GameTrailers Best First-Person Shooter[131]
    Destructoid Editor's Choice[119]
    Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences Action Game of the Year[132
    Where was BC?

The difference from BC2-BF3 and MW2-MW3 is astronomical. MW2/3 look exactly the same.
    Id have to say the difference is that BF3 is being developed On the pc while MW3 is being deved on the Xbox and PS3, thats like comparing a house built by a middleclass family to one that is built by a millionaire family, one has more resources to use than the other.

So far all your rage stems from the fact that COD uses modded versions of their engines from previuos installments and that the graphics dont change alot. Sorry but a decent sound award doesnt trump every single other award the other 2 games received. And id hate to point out that MW3 isnt really MW3 due to the REAL IW not being behind its devving.

@zeta

His argument was CoD has been using the same engine a lot more than BF has..he was right..now you're agreeing with him
    His argument was BFBC2 had such a great sound team that it won awards. You wanted proof, he gave it to you.
    His argument was that BF has changed a lot more than COD has over the last 10 or so years, I have to agree..it has.

You just seem like a total CoD fanboy that has no real clue what a good game is. You probably agree that MW2 and Black Ops really won those awards. I bet you never played them on any other platform but your Xbox. The game working as intended on 1 platform doesn't justify it being a great game.

MW2 PC game of the year? I think 90% of the PC gamers that played that hackerfest would like to disagree. I think 100% of the people that played MW2 would agree that the Killstreaks were game ruiners. You linked nothing but IGN/Gamespot "CHOICE" awards. They aren't voted by a majority, they are voted by a small team inside a company. And if you think Activision doesn't have any influence on those CHOICES then you're more ignorant than I previously thought.

MW3 won't be dev'd by IW? Funny, not what this article says..
    http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/20/repo...d-in-november/

Just because the 2 Dev's from IW quit or got fired doesn't mean IW isn't around anymore.

Just because you suck at BF and you love CoD because of how easy it is to play don't be a hater. Just stop posting. You're making yourself look desperate.

MW2 PC game of the year? I think 90% of the PC gamers that played that hackerfest would like to disagree. I think 100% of the people that played MW2 would agree that the Killstreaks were game ruiners. You linked nothing but IGN/Gamespot "CHOICE" awards. They aren't voted by a majority, they are voted by a small team inside a company. And if you think Activision doesn't have any influence on those CHOICES then you're more ignorant than I previously thought.
    Same company who gave BC2 the sound award gave them the PC game award. So i guess their judgement is flawed.

You just seem like a total CoD fanboy that has no real clue what a good game is. You probably agree that MW2 and Black Ops really won those awards. I bet you never played them on any other platform but your Xbox. The game working as intended on 1 platform doesn't justify it being a great game.
    Iv played COD and BF on both xbox 1 xbox 360 and PC, so nice try.

His argument was CoD has been using the same engine a lot more than BF has..he was right..now you're agreeing with him
    First of all so what? Tell me where the problem in this is.

I think 100% of the people that played MW2 would agree that the Killstreaks were game ruiners.
    I think since i would have to be that 100% your wrong since i dont think so, since we are tossing out wild numbers, i think that 100% of people that complain about killstreaks suck so much ass they can never get them, hence why they bitch about them.

Just because the 2 Dev's from IW quit or got fired doesn't mean IW isn't around anymore.
    Pre and post MW2 are 2 different companys. And FYI more than 2 people quit,

Following West and Zampella's firings, nearly half of the remaining Infinity Ward employees resigned. Throughout April and May 2010, 46 employees, among them lead designers and programmers who worked on Modern Warfare 2, abruptly left Infinity Ward. All have so far declined to comment on their reasons for leaving.
    Seems like a pretty big crowd.

Just because you suck at BF and you love CoD because of how easy it is to play don't be a hater. Just stop posting. You're making yourself look desperate.
    Who says i suck at one? I like both games and will be purchaseing MW3 and BF3, am i still a fanboy?

mmo champ wont let me post it cuz i just made this fourm account. but theres a link out there from DICE saying the exclusive content will be available to all a few months after release, for free.

Same company who gave BC2 the sound award gave them the PC game award. So i guess their judgement is flawed.

Iv played COD and BF on both xbox 1 xbox 360 and PC, so nice try.

First of all so what? Tell me where the problem in this is.

I think since i would have to be that 100% your wrong since i dont think so, since we are tossing out wild numbers, i think that 100% of people that complain about killstreaks suck so much ass they can never get them, hence why they bitch about them.

Pre and post MW2 are 2 different companys. And FYI more than 2 people quit,

Seems like a pretty big crowd.

Who says i suck at one? I like both games and will be purchaseing MW3 and BF3, am i still a fanboy?
    The fact that you keep going back on what you said previously is amazing to me.

You wanted proof of all these things, you wanted links, he and I provided them... you were wrong about IW not working on MW3, you were wrong about how many times each franchise has used the engine over again...He and I gave you proof on all of this...

Now you're biggest argument is, "so what"....

Seriously..go back and read the last page or 2..you LITERALLY say, "so what" or "who cares" each time you got proved wrong or your question got answered...

LOL...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippny View Post
    Umm..how about looks, sound and feel?

MW3 is going to have the same stupid killstreaks that ruin matches(without the nuke ofc) and it's going to have the same stupid perks it had in MW2 and it's the same washed up engine they've been using since CoD2.

Frostbite has been used 3 times..count them..3 times. Bad Company, 1943 and now BF3.

Adios.
    Right here...the only thing is, hasn't Frostbite only been used 2 times...Bad Company and 1943? Because it's now called "Frostbite 2"!!!! lol But I agree completely with this.

I'm not going to quote anything because this thread has becomes full of fuck, but here---

Game engines, specifically new iterations of game engines, are almost never built from the ground up. It's all "just a modification" of older engines. This is how the programming world works: you take something good and build on it while streamlining the old processes. Take Windows for example. How different is Windows 7 from Windows DOS? They are worlds apart. At the heart however, it's still he same kernel. They just always built and bettered it.

Similarly, take Unreal Engine. Look at the original Unreal Engine, now look at the Unreal Engine 4 demo unveiled at GDC 2011. UE4 is built upon UE3, which is built upon UE2, which is built upon UE1. This is how it works. Complaining that "IW4.0 is just a modified IW3.0" is a complete strawman argument. No company codes all new engines to run their newer games, that is in no way economically feasible.

Complaining that "IW4.0 is just a modified IW3.0" is a complete strawman argument. No company codes all new engines to run their newer games, that is in no way economically feasible.
    This 1000x times thanks.

Seriously..go back and read the last page or 2..you LITERALLY say, "so what" or "who cares" each time you got proved wrong or your question got answered...
    How did i get proved wrong? I dont think there is any part that im "wrong about" Im pointing out that his bitching about MW3 using a modded version of an old engine is stupid, i asked for a link to the soun award becuase i didnt find it listed for the game, then i pointed out that while it got one award the so called "bad" COD games recieved tons of awards. I also asked for an example on how BF3 plays different than BF2 and that was avoided and still hasnt been responded to.

BF3 is as close to BF2 as MW3 is to MW2. Same games. So saying MW3 is just a rehash is ignorant and stupid. QQing about the engine being the same is ignorant and stupid.

Weapon Models and player models have always looked better in COD than the BF BC games, looks like they stepped it up in both departments with BF3 but i still see the same terrible animations, from the IDLE to the Reload of the gun thats used in the Demo, Lets just hope the same collision problems arnt there that ruined driving tanks over anything besides flat grass.

Deleted
    I remember playing all the EA James Bond games and generally finding them all various blends of shit. A huge comedown from Goldeneye on the N64.

Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    I remember playing all the EA James Bond games and generally finding them all various blends of shit. A huge comedown from Goldeneye on the N64.
    Nightfire wasnt to bad, i played the shit out of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nightfire wasnt to bad, i played the shit out of that.
    Nightfire was awesome. Not as good as Goldeneye but still very badass. I miss the old weapons spawn on the map type games.

Woah i like the direction this thread went. Thumbs up to nightfire and goldeneye

Quote Originally Posted by Kellytm3 View Post
    Any person who wastes money on a MMO has no future either....the door swings both ways fanboy

User was infracted for this post
    Anyone that has no future can spend their money on whatever they like if they aren't going to have anything better to do with their time, by having a future.

Seriously guys, heads out of asses and back on topic.

OT: I like collectors ed's personally. What I don't like is over priced DLC, especially when it adds really good new features or maps to a game to the point where no one plays online without buying it, making matchmaking almost impossible for the few that didnt rush out and get the DLC/expac.

THats why I don't mind wow doing it so much, because you can still play and lvl with just the original box, plus they do free content updates often.

---------- Post added 2011-06-19 at 10:58 AM ----------

With all this engine comparison in here, I would just like to state valve's source engine has been used on a fuckton of games, most recently Portal 2. And you know what? for such an old engine its still fucking amazing. So who cares if a game runs on the same engine as a previous game. As long as developers are creative it shouldn't really matter too much. You only need newer and newer engine if either, an engine doesn't exist thats capable of doing what you want it to do. Or as a selling point (or if the original engine was a hunk of shit). All FPS games improve on each release these days is the graphics, because honestly theres not much else you can change, particularly if you use the same settings all the time. Which is why if I play FPS I prefer stuff like Halo, where the dev team can do some creative things, instead of just more machine guns and more 'real' explosions etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the third and fourth circle of hell
    Funny how people will bring up how MW3 is just like MW2 and 1 but when i ask this question no response.
    Multiplayer in BF3 will be more like the older PC-only battlefield games, where you have massive maps with 32vs32 gameplay. BC2 was much more limited in scope in comparison to BF1942, Vietnam and 2142, and BF3 will follow those older titles. BC2 was a solid game as far as consoles are concerned, but it's multiplay doesn't really fly with those of us who are vets of the older games. BF3 will be getting the physics and gunplay updates of the newer games though, so it should (imho) be an overall better experience having benefited from some of the new shiny stuff while not being anchored by console limitations.

As far as your endless talk about engines, the problem with the unholy modded id tech 3 based engine that CoD uses, is that it is very limited in comparison to other modern engines.... which to be honest has been masterfully hidden by IW and Tryarch's artists. DX11 based engines are bringing some core technologies that make rendering more efficient then DX9 or even DX10 can do. I will say, current call of duty games do look decently good, but that engine would need a complete re-write to do some of the things that frostbite 2 and id tech 5 are doing.

Desktop: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Dual Nvidia GTX 470 SLI
    Laptop: 2.2GHz Core i7, 8GB DDR3 1333, 2GB Radeon HD 6990

Deleted
    Don't get it. Pre-orders have alwalys given a reason as to why you preorder. people got mad that they'd never get these weapons so EA said you can get these weapons but the people who have faith in us get the weapons and expansion for free. seems fair it really does but hey people complain for the sake of complaining.

I would just like to state valve's source engine has been used on a fuckton of games, most recently Portal 2.
    While i like the HL and Portal Series and enjoyed CS i am a strong avocate that Valve needs to stop trying to milk shit out of the source engine, subpar sourcemods like L4D are just an example of a hastley thrown together game that was marketed like crazy. I think the world is ready for Counter strike 2.

As far as your endless talk about engines, the problem with the unholy modded id tech 3 based engine that CoD uses, is that it is very limited in comparison to other modern engines.... which to be honest has been masterfully hidden by IW and Tryarch's artists. DX11 based engines are bringing some core technologies that make rendering more efficient then DX9 or even DX10 can do. I will say, current call of duty games do look decently good, but that engine would need a complete re-write to do some of the things that frostbite 2 and id tech 5 are doing.
    The reason they havnt progressed their engines as much as the frostbite one for example is these games are being deved on consoles intended for console online as opposed to PC Devs and then ported to console. Doesnt bother me since i enjoy FPS games on console more than pc for more reasons than one. And your right COD has some of the best detailed weapon modeling and skinning in the gaming market, i was a huge advocate of Custom skins for CS becuase the defualt ones sucked ass, but i honestly wouldnt change much about the COD ones except WTB more atachments.

Thumbs up to nightfire and goldeneye
    Nightfire truely was a unsung hero in the 007 series durring the cube era, with the combat style following that of TWINE for 64 i think i rented the game enough times to buy it around 4 times total.

Deleted
    I take it back somewhat about EA. I enjoyed TWINE and kind of enjoyed Everything or Nothing for co-op. Unfortunately I found the rest fairly tedious, with From Russia with Love, and Goldeneye: Rogue Agent being the worst offenders.