Poll: Do you ever think we'll see another raid like Ulduar?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    LETS ALL GO TO TOC STYLE, WHERE THERE IS 0 TRASH!!!!!!!!!!1! /sarcasm off.

The trash wasn't even bad. at.all

mimi trash? oh, just jump on a spider = gg
    freya trash? oh just don't aoe and single target... that is such a hard concept.
    vezax trash wasn't even bad to begin with, so i don't see your point there.

Ulduar was just pure win ~
    Every single boss in there had something new to the table ! Was amazing ! + you had like 100 achievments to keep you busy ( Some actualy challenging)

they should add a legenday mode to hardmodes that allow you to make the hardmode even harder. can you imagine fightfighter on extra hardmode? there would be like 4 people to ever get it.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

well, your question is tricky.

by another raid "like" ulduar, you mean a raid themed in titan lore, and based in an "Uld" city? (Like Uldaman, Ulduar, Uldis, Uldum, ect)

as for your first points: No, blizz said they are trying to not add those super-long raids. Dont get me wrong, Ulduar was amazing, but it (Like naxx) was so long, it was almost imposible to clear in a full run, it would be great if raids had tons of bosses, but only like 7 are mandatorial, and the rest are purely optional.

As for the quirky hard-mode activations, Hard-modes died when heroic modes were implemented. Rather than use some mechanic to increase the dificulty of the boss, you toogle it, and just for being in heroic mode, the fight is a lot harder and more rewarding. Wheter this is better or not is not for me to say.

As for the titan themed raid, based in a titan city, and with TONS of achievements behond the required mount-achievements: I'd say yes, it is entirely posible, and in fact hinted. In the last blizzcon, they said that part of their plans for future Cataclysm raids include one raid in Uldum, and one new Caverns of Time raid (War of the Ancients).

So it is posible to have a future raid in Uldum, that is titan-themed, with an old god as a boss, tons of challenging achievements behond the mount-related ones, and maybe if we're lucky, 7 mandatorial bosses with 2 optional ones and 1 "Algalon-like" one.

keep your chin up ^_^

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

blizz won't do hardmodes again, but something like Ulduar is what they need. Fine, take out half the trash b/c it was a lot, and even remove a few bosses if you think it's a lot. But the bosses were so varied, the graphics were astonishing, the zones were varied, the mechanics were amazing. That's what we need.

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    they should add a legenday mode to hardmodes that allow you to make the hardmode even harder. can you imagine fightfighter on extra hardmode? there would be like 4 people to ever get it.
    psh i got firefighter on my 4th try. just saying.

Okay, couple of things.

I didn't hate Ulduar, but I didn't love it as much as the rest of the community did. I think part of these things is someone talks about how awesome it is then people just start jumping on the bandwagon - sort of how every expansion is terrible as soon as it comes out then remember fondly a year after the next one.

Some bosses felt pointless to me, like the Iron Council. Beyond that, I found it hard to get motivated from a lore standpoint when the expansion was about the Lich King. As for the hardmode activations...they made our characters retarded. It basically boiled down to "DURR I'MA PRESS A BUTTON OH NO BAD THINGS HAPPENED LOL!" or "PFF FUCK DESTROYING TOWERS I AIN'T GOT TIME FOR THAT GHEY SHIT BRANN!!!!!!"
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

No, they said "about 7 bosses" is their goal from now on. Considering that the only reason Firelands even has that many bosses is because they canceled Abyssal Maw to give it "extra," 4-6 boss tiers are likely to be the norm.

16 boss raids where the majority of the environment and many of the bosses = new textures/models/skeletons, with brand new spell effects? With what we've seen from Cata? Come on, now...

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 04:26 AM ----------

Actually, I take it back. We probably will see a raid like Ulduar again.

Exactly like Ulduar, in fact. It'll be named Ulduar. Like once-beloved ZA/ZG/SFK/DM, players will be forced to queue up for it several days a week for months at a time until they start to despise it. Right after their (extremely likely) AQ rehash in place of WotA.

Quote Originally Posted by k1037 View Post
    No, they said "about 7 bosses" is their goal from now on. Considering that the only reason Firelands even has that many bosses is because they canceled Abyssal Maw to give it "extra," 4-6 boss tiers are likely to be the norm.

16 boss raids where the majority of the environment and many of the bosses = new textures/models/skeletons, with brand new spell effects? With what we've seen from Cata? Come on, now...

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 04:26 AM ----------

Actually, I take it back. We probably will see a raid like Ulduar again.

Exactly like Ulduar, in fact. It'll be named Ulduar. Like once-beloved ZA/ZG/SFK/DM, players will be forced to queue up for it several days a week for months at a time until they start to despise it. Right after their (extremely likely) AQ rehash in place of WotA.
    People beg to bring back old raids and then Blizzard does it, and then people like you bitch. There's no pleasing everyone, get the hell over it.

And where do you get that an AQ rehash is likely? Your own hate-wagon bias?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    People beg to bring back old raids and then Blizzard does it, and then people like you bitch. There's no pleasing everyone, get the hell over it.

And where do you get that an AQ rehash is likely? Your own hate-wagon bias?
    No one begged Blizzard to rehash anything. They wanted the original dungeons back so they could farm mounts, not rehashed content to have to queue up for 3-7 times a week. There were dozens of capped-out threads of negative feedback in the weeks after they were announced.

There are a ton of AQ rehash hints. The comics have hinted at it, the C'Thun/Cho'gall link sets it up, and the outdoor zone has been revamped (without anything being done with it - just sitting there as a placeholder for now), among others.

I see a lot of comments on the size of Ulduar. Are people forgetting that only some of the fights had hardmodes? Hardmodes effectively double the number of bosses in an instance.

Personally I liked this aspect. The hardmodes had more of a real feel to them, you had to actually do something specific to activate them, not just flip a switch in the raid panel. The hardmodes simply felt more dynamic.
    Quincyheart - The Pretty Mage

Quote Originally Posted by k1037 View Post
    No one begged Blizzard to rehash anything. They wanted the original dungeons back so they could farm mounts, not rehashed content to have to queue up for 3-7 times a week. There were dozens of capped-out threads of negative feedback in the weeks after they were announced.

There are a ton of AQ rehash hints. The comics have hinted at it, the C'Thun/Cho'gall link sets it up, and the outdoor zone has been revamped (without anything being done with it - just sitting there as a placeholder for now), among others.
    No, every damn day I saw threads about how they missed ZG and ZA and etc. Blizzard saw the same thing and an easy opportunity to please the community and save time.

As with anything, though, people bitch and bitched until their little throats were soar and their fingers bleeding. And why? Because it's the same zone - a zone most of them didn't even do when it was relevant. They didn't just copy pasta all the bosses and mechanics, but somehow that's unimportant to the never-satisfied masses of immature plebs that dare call themselves 'important customers'.

And C'thun's resurrection was dealt with by the Messiah of Mary-Sues, Med'an. While they might reintroduce it as a 5-man - with new bosses and mechanics - there is no evidence that it will replace the planned WotA raid.

Reusing an environment does not make something a rehash. If they changed a few corridors and moved the location to Uldum or some shit, it would suddenly be fresh and exciting - but because they just happen to use an existing place that fits, it makes it a rehash?

It is okay to bring back old content...just as long as it is not the only content
    dream feature: Do any raid/dungeon ever at level cap it will offer item level a step down from beginning stuff. I would much rather do some scaled raid than troll dungoens.
    Ulduar was pretty epic, everything just fit so well and the size was incredible. I don't like raids that can be cleared in one night for the most part (i like my raids with a side of epic-sauce) although someone somewhere will be able to grind it out w/o a doubt. I hope they do but i doubt it is my answer.
    Last edited by ReaverGX; 2011-06-13 at 05:21 AM.