Gaming Laptop Recommendation

I'm looking for a gaming laptop for under or around $1300, and I was just wondering if anyone had a recommendation.

I was thinking of getting an Asus Republic of Gamers PC, but I'm not sure.

Thank You
    Last edited by Yum; 2011-06-12 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted

I will definitely check one out, never heard of that brand before.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Gaming Laptop" "Under 1,300". You're asking for something that's going to be incredibly difficult to find. Scryus linked Sager's site, but you're not really going to find anything near 1.3k that's going to suit your needs very well. In fact, what he linked is as good as your going to get. (And it isn't awful, ignore my foreshadowing.)

Deleted
    http://www.amazon.com/G53SW-XA1-Republic-Gamers-15-6-Inch-Gaming/dp/B004X5XL3Q/

winner for $1300

Intel i7-2630QM (2.0 GHz Quad-Core with Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz); Nvidia GTX 460M Graphics with 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
    8GB DDR3 1333MHz, 4 SODIMM Sockets, up to 16GB; 500GB HDD (7200RPM); Super-Multi Optical Drive
    Illuminated Keyboard; 1x USB 3.0; 3x USB 2.0; 8-in-1 card reader; 2.0MP Webcam; 802.11 b/g/n; Gigabit LAN; Bluetooth
    15.6-Inch FULL HD (1920x1080) LED Display; Windows Home Premium 64-bit Operating System

wont find better for $1300

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Visker View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/G53SW-XA1-Republic-Gamers-15-6-Inch-Gaming/dp/B004X5XL3Q/

winner for $1300

Intel i7-2630QM (2.0 GHz Quad-Core with Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz); Nvidia GTX 460M Graphics with 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
    8GB DDR3 1333MHz, 4 SODIMM Sockets, up to 16GB; 500GB HDD (7200RPM); Super-Multi Optical Drive
    Illuminated Keyboard; 1x USB 3.0; 3x USB 2.0; 8-in-1 card reader; 2.0MP Webcam; 802.11 b/g/n; Gigabit LAN; Bluetooth
    15.6-Inch FULL HD (1920x1080) LED Display; Windows Home Premium 64-bit Operating System

wont find better for $1300
    You've managed to link a worse laptop than the Sager linked above. GG.

See if you can find any MSI's. They do a couple of VERY good gaming laptops at the moment (appear to be gearing up to take on Asus).

The GX660R is available in the UK for around £870

Intel Core i5 (460m) 2.53GHz Processor with 3MB Cache
    6GB DDR3 Memory
    1TB SATA Hard Drive
    DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC
    15.6 inch 16:9 Full HD LED Display
    ATi Radeon HD 5870 graphics

Have one I got a little cheaper and can honestly say it's been nothing but a joy to use. It's my "away from home" machine or to take to mates for a cheap night in with a little multiplayer or something but it's been completely solid.
    Sorry to sound like a BIT of a fanboy but very happy with my purchase anyway
    The graphics in this will beat most other people's offerings:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mob...0.23073.0.html

It beats out the 460M and most of the other single core cards.
    That sager is looking like a winner tho indd!

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    "Gaming Laptop" "Under 1,300". You're asking for something that's going to be incredibly difficult to find. Scryus linked Sager's site, but you're not really going to find anything near 1.3k that's going to suit your needs very well. In fact, what he linked is as good as your going to get. (And it isn't awful, ignore my foreshadowing.)
    560M GTX, I7 core and 8GB ram isn't good?

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    You've managed to link a worse laptop than the Sager linked above. GG.
    Indeed on this though. If buying a gaming laptop the ONLY thing your bothered about is getting the best graphics card possible. The rest are about as easy to upgrade as a desktop (probably easier in most cases). IF the laptop you buy support MXM graphics cards so they are upgradable you can still expect to pay through the nose for a replacement/upgrade.
    If that was too long/subtle 460M<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<560M
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2011-06-12 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I don't understand why you flame the 460m, it can carry most of the games on a decent resolution + the g53sw is quite awesome!

Then again soon the 560m will be placed in the g53 series, making the g53sx or g74sx, those also come with dead eye / glass free 3D which is expensive as hell, but quite impressive...

Imo if you need something under the $1300 mark, then the g53sw is the way to go (actually planning to buy it myself! Awesome airflow - low noise, neat look! Everything you want for a cheap $)

I'm going to say this with the most Rage face possible. Do NOT buy a sager. I bought one as it was cheaper then Mtech and WAY cheaper and better then Alienware. 4 times now I have sent that PoS laptop in and its barely 8 months old. Everytime they give me static about some BS excuse why its taking so long to fix it and then red flag it as "user damaged". After I got it back the 4th time and it worked for...oh....5 weeks decently AGAIN the damn thing broke. So instead I took it to a local computer place and what do you know they fixed it in 2 days telling me the problem was skimpy worksmanship on how they put the laptop together. I spent around 1800 bucks on it (Would have been more, but I had a discount) and now I understand why the Better Business Bureau gives it a F rating. I recently just turned it in and got a full refund back after a crapload of back and forth red tape and bought a D9FHD from Mtech. No issues, freaking sweet computer and customizing is 100% better.

http://www.m-techlaptops.com/laptop%...are%20page.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Synnal View Post
    I'm going to say this with the most Rage face possible. Do NOT buy a sager. I bought one as it was cheaper then Mtech and WAY cheaper and better then Alienware. 4 times now I have sent that PoS laptop in and its barely 8 months old. Everytime they give me static about some BS excuse why its taking so long to fix it and then red flag it as "user damaged". After I got it back the 4th time and it worked for...oh....5 weeks decently AGAIN the damn thing broke. So instead I took it to a local computer place and what do you know they fixed it in 2 days telling me the problem was skimpy worksmanship on how they put the laptop together. I spent around 1800 bucks on it (Would have been more, but I had a discount) and now I understand why the Better Business Bureau gives it a F rating. I recently just turned it in and got a full refund back after a crapload of back and forth red tape and bought a D9FHD from Mtech. No issues, freaking sweet computer and customizing is 100% better.

http://www.m-techlaptops.com/laptop%...are%20page.htm
    This made me giggle, that thing IS A SAGER.

Also, to the OP, check out xoticpc.com They're a reseller for Sager/Asus/MSI and I think one other company. Where I got my NP7280, which is the same thing as what the anti Sager guy above me has.

EDIT: Going to explain a bit better. Neither my laptop, nor yours are actually made by Sager. Mine is branded Sager, sure. And yours is not. However, they are the same X7200 model from Clevo. Same stuff.
    Last edited by ispano; 2011-06-12 at 11:47 PM.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Thanks for all the feedback everyone =D

Certainly have alot to think about with all the information I've been given

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 01:41 AM ----------

http://usa.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming...53Jw/#overview

how does everyone feel about this one? just curious?

the g53jw got first generation intel cpu, imo buy the g53sw with 2nd gen, or wait for the g53sx to drop in price