Deleted

How much hit can i lose to reach ua/immo threshold?

Im currently sitting at 2212 haste rating and 1699 hit, how much hit (and int, counting gems) can i lose to reach the 2587 cap?
    Or should I just sit and wait for my offhand (unlucky drops) and bracer till i go over the cap?

Armory

http://www.askmrrobot.com

It should provide with a nice way to get around your issue, have fun with it.

If you play affliction, dont focus on haste cap. Focus on hit cap and loads of intellect.. Haste really dosn't benefit affliction a whole lot. In a single target dps fight u would use BoD, Corr, UA, Haunt and SB.. Haste really only benefit UA from 100 - 25 and SB.. A focus on hit and Int, benefits you alot more.. Using CoA ofc increases the usage of haste, but dont sacrifice to much hit and int for the haste.. Check EJ for maths and such, even their BiS profile, dont have 30% haste buffed.

If you play destro, you should roll affliction...

If you still wanna play destro, haste cap is aplha omega, and even at 15% hit you will still have a dps increase in going for 30% haste with buffs.. Its a tight balance, but for 4.1 the primary rule for warlocks is going for Int>hit>haste = rest.

Joê
    Ravencrest EU
    13/13 HC
    Can't hear you over the sound of how awesome i am.

He obviously plays destruction please dont rat hole him into a spec he doesnt feel like playing. That being said the above poster is correct about destruction and haste, 15% hit is manageable.

http://www.chardev.org/?profile=146124

I modified your base profile from armory with chardev, Take a look at it.

On the Mr. Robot site, for destruction we have two "Preset" stat weights - there is one that will get you to that 30% haste needed for the 7th immolate tick. It is a DPS gain if you have good enough gear. Our testing has shown that once about 2/3 of your gear is t11 heroic, you start to see a gain by going for that threshold, even at the expense of hit rating. We recommend dropping hit instead of intellect, though - that usually results in higher overall dps.
    Mr. Robot Developer and Designer.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgganzish View Post
    He obviously plays destruction please dont rat hole him into a spec he doesnt feel like playing
    If you're at the level where you are looking to min/max by attaining 30% haste and have the gear to do so; you should probably be playing the right spec

Deleted
    long time viewer / newb poster xD

for a 30% haste breakpoint (3840) don't u need? 22% haste = 2816 (this is gear only - without 3% DI + 5% sPriest/Boomkin)

lookin to chardev profile made by Urgganzish
    haste = 20.23% / 2595 (gear only... with reforge / enchants)

where this "2587 cap" comin from?

i guess it's possible to reach the 30% breakpoint in full t11 BIS (if gear optimized to max haste) but it's viable to loose that much hit for an extra tick of UA/Immo?
    i know most top guild lock's been playin with 15% hit or less and do just fine... but most of us not in top guilds xD

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haste breakpoints for dots are almost irrelevant, just reapply them before they fall off.

Haste breakpoints are irrelevant for an affliction warlock, and probably for demonology too now that the timing isn't as tight. For destruction the extra immolate tick actually does provide a substantial DPS increase - so much so that losing hit to get it is preferable once you reach that mostly t11 heroic gear level.
    Mr. Robot Developer and Designer.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.

Anyone know how much of a dps increase it is for 30% haste for UA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    Anyone know how much of a dps increase it is for 30% haste for UA?
    The only dps increase (besides the fact that it a bit more haste) is the fact you get to the next tick which allows you a couple extra globals during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    If you're at the level where you are looking to min/max by attaining 30% haste and have the gear to do so; you should probably be playing the right spec
    I really hate retarded posts like this. Destro and Affliction are pretty much dead even with each other right now. Destro even has its strengths VS Affliction just as Affliction has its strengths against Destro. People who still think Affliction is the only way to go need to learn to play the game. Demo is also on par most of the time and is better some of the time. Jesus Christ...

dot haste caps mean nothing. especially since 4.0 when blizz changed how overwriting dots work. just max int/hitcap/best stat after that

Quote Originally Posted by Sanoku View Post
    I really hate retarded posts like this. Destro and Affliction are pretty much dead even with each other right now. Destro even has its strengths VS Affliction just as Affliction has its strengths against Destro. People who still think Affliction is the only way to go need to learn to play the game. Demo is also on par most of the time and is better some of the time. Jesus Christ...
    At the time of that post destro was like 1k dps behind in the sims, and almost every single fight in that tier benefited greatly from Affliction's multi dotting

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    At the time of that post destro was like 1k dps behind in the sims, and almost every single fight in that tier benefited greatly from Affliction's multi dotting
    Sims don't mean jack. Sims usually give me a reason to defy it's results just to prove it's wrong with its vague description of what it thinks I should be doing. As for actual experience in raid encounters destro was still able to keep up with Affliction unless it was a stable THREE target fight. Fights like Magmaw, Omnotron, Ascendant Council, Valiona and Theralion, and Nefarian are all examples where destro really wasn't behind at all. Maloriak was awesome for demo and Destro was actually pretty damn nifty for Conclave of Wind but that soon didn't matter after a while anyway i'll admit. Sinestra and Chogall are the only fights where I can think of situations where Affliction out classed destro by a large margin. And then you have single target fights like Chimaeron and Atremedes where the difference was also pretty small.

Affliction however has a great execute phase which in my opinion is the only reason it matters unless it's a heavy multi dotting fight that bane of havoc cannot keep up on (aka more than 2 stable targets). So pre 4.2 your argument was so so. And now that it's 4.2 the margin is even smaller.

Pretty much what Hastings said was what I was poking at. Affliction played PERFECTLY is very good but a lot of fights make this and that better.