Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    Is there a problem with requiring a PVE legendary to Require raiding?
    wat? pve legendaries require raiding? WAT? MADNESS! Embers will prolly be boE, but dont count on cinders to be boE - there is abs NO way they will be boE, nada, zero, nil.

Seeing how OP the staff will prolly be, id guess that even at the end of the patch you wont see anyone selling it because not everyone will have it.

And dont compare it to Shadowmourne(which was sold by many guilds) because the effect on shadowmourne was actually some small aoe, while this one is def going to be in the range of Atiesh/Valnyr.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Unless you'll crank out legendaries each week, the heart of flame will also be easy to farm as a competent guild.
    In a few months sure now top end guilds are going to give some person the first or one of the first legendaries for gold. Ppl will still pay a ton after they make a few and if you are in an average guild let alone a high end raiding guild gold isnt an issue at all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    The earlier steps will not require a guild to kill Ragnaros. They could be done by a guild on 5/7 or 6/7 or something. And then they could buy
    the heart from a highend guild, after having completed the other steps. Taken as the earlier bosses sound somewhat easy, and Ragnaros I guess
    will be more a harder boss, I am sure this will happen (I am sure my own guild will have raggy on farm, but I am also very sure, this selling
    scenario will happen - actually not so different from what happens now... on my server I saw the top-guild advertising selling a complete
    heroic run on Stormwind trade chat where you would get all loot you needed including Sinestra Loot for a ridiculous high amount of gold per run... I am sure those guys will do similar things again... and other highend guilds on other servers surely too...)
    I understand you don't need to kill Rags for the earlier steps. But if you look at what those earlier steps entail you see that it will require a lot of raiding in order to get them done. And since you only have to kill normal Rags to get it, I don't see very many situations where a 5/7 or 6/7 guild hits the wall on Rags for weeks while they farm up the other mats needed and then need to buy a Rags kill. I'm sure that it will happen, because there are enough raiders and players in WoW that anything that could happen probably does, but it would have to be fairly uncommon I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    I understand you don't need to kill Rags for the earlier steps. But if you look at what those earlier steps entail you see that it will require a lot of raiding in order to get them done. And since you only have to kill normal Rags to get it, I don't see very many situations where a 5/7 or 6/7 guild hits the wall on Rags for weeks while they farm up the other mats needed and then need to buy a Rags kill. I'm sure that it will happen, because there are enough raiders and players in WoW that anything that could happen probably does, but it would have to be fairly uncommon I think.
    If I look at wowprogress I see around 27% of guilds on my server have Nef down. Around 60-70% have the "in-between-bosses"
    down. Around 45% have Cho'gall down. If we see "Nef down" like later "Rag down" and "Cho'gall down" like later "enough bosses
    down to do the early steps" this will leave 18% of guilds to buy the heart ^^ Possibly some gold in there. Not counting the guys
    who farm the mats with their alts on PUG-runs for a loooooong time (but on PUG-runs the endboss falls only very rarely).

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    In a few months sure now top end guilds are going to give some person the first or one of the first legendaries for gold. Ppl will still pay a ton after they make a few and if you are in an average guild let alone a high end raiding guild gold isnt an issue at all.
    See that's not the point, because the heart will not be the limiting factor on the staff.

Lets say you can gather enough matts every 6 weeks to craft a legendary for your guilld. That leaves 5 weeks where you can "sell" the heart of flame before you need another one for your guild.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

For a couple million gold, any hardcore guild would boost a casual player for the legendary staff. Remember shadowmourne?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    If I look at wowprogress I see around 27% of guilds on my server have Nef down. Around 60-70% have the "in-between-bosses"
    down. Around 45% have Cho'gall down. If we see "Nef down" like later "Rag down" and "Cho'gall down" like later "enough bosses
    down to do the early steps" this will leave 18% of guilds to buy the heart ^^ Possibly some gold in there. Not counting the guys
    who farm the mats with their alts on PUG-runs for a loooooong time (but on PUG-runs the endboss falls only very rarely).
    I think more guilds would have Nef down if BWD was the only raid instance out, which is pretty comparable to Firelands. I'm sure there will still be guild that can't get it, or people who farm it up slowly by pugging stuff, but having the raiding requirements before that step seems to me to be something that will delay a lot of those guilds/people long enough that Rags is killable for them. Now, if the eternal embers turn out to be something you can purchase through VP or even for the marks from the new dailies then people will complete that part of the quest fast enough that many guilds won't be able to kill Rags yet. It doesn't seem that eternal embers will be purchasable at all though, which will gate the gathering of them enough for many people to be able to kill Rags by the time they complete it. Or maybe I'm just giving people too much credit skill-wise and you will be right.